ABF | COLA

I'm YRC guy. Be nice if you were right, but I believe it's going to be .15-.20 cola. I have got zero info on it from our local and I've asked several times.
So, I am guessing that since the contract language is almost identical (with the exception of the 3% and 3.5% difference) that it will be figured the same way. Below is the comparisons using the 0.2=1-cent formula and the CPI-W Index to compare. I sure hope I am right as you guys definitely need some good news for a change. If this does turn out to be correct, thank Homesick as he is the one that brought it to my attention.

8451524A-D086-4BB8-8AFA-04B78F101C49.md.jpg D072A1EF-B6EB-45D1-A697-E9D56E34C19F.md.jpg

So, I am guessing that since the contract language is almost identical (with the exception of the 3% and 3.5% difference) that it will be figured the same way. Below is the comparisons using the 0.2=1-cent formula and the CPI-W Index to compare. I sure hope I am right as you guys definitely need some good news for a change. If this does turn out to be correct, thank Homesick as he is the one that brought it to my attention.

8451524A-D086-4BB8-8AFA-04B78F101C49.md.jpg D072A1EF-B6EB-45D1-A697-E9D56E34C19F.md.jpg
So that is the actual cola that UPS received last year?

So that is the actual cola that UPS received last year?
In post #20, I posted a picture of the actual TDU article talking about the COLA raise that UPS package got using that same formula per their contract language based on May 2020 to May 2021 to be paid in August 2021 per their contract. It came up to a 33-cent COLA raise for them. The Yellow COLA formula is from January 2021 to January 2022 to be paid in April per the contract. Please go back and look at post#13, #19, #20, and #21. You will then see what I am talking about. I certainly hope that this is correct. Based on what UPS package got using the same formula, I don’t see how YRC can get around not paying it. But, stranger things have happened with contract language. Kind of like the language on the ABF COLA formula specifically stating that there is a maximum 5-cent pay out for COLA on any given year (post #2) and the Yellow and UPS package contract language left that sentence out.

Last edited:
In post #20, I posted a picture of the actual TDU article talking about the COLA raise that UPS package got using that same formula per their contract language based on May 2020 to May 2021 to be paid in August 2021 per their contract. It came up to a 33-cent COLA raise for them. The Yellow COLA formula is from January 2021 to January 2022 to be paid in April per the contract. Please go back and look at post#13, #19, #20, and #21. You will then see what I am talking about. I certainly hope that this is correct. Based on what UPS package got using the same formula, I don’t see how YRC can get around not paying it. But, stranger things have happened with contract language. Kind of like the language on the ABF COLA formula specifically stating that there is a maximum 5-cent pay out for COLA on any given year (post #2) and the Yellow and UPS package contract language left that sentence out.
I did go back and see your other posts and looked up on teamster.org and they did actually get that raise( ups package). I haven't compared the language word for word but appears to be the same. Very nice work on this sir, appreciate the effort.

I did go back and see your other posts and looked up on teamster.org and they did actually get that raise( ups package). I haven't compared the language word for word but appears to be the same. Very nice work on this sir, appreciate the effort.
Let’s hope that Yellow does not find a way to weasel out on it. Homesick is the one that deserves the credit for it as he was the one that brought it to my attention. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that it does happen As stated contractually.

Let’s hope that Yellow does not find a way to weasel out on it. Homesick is the one that deserves the credit for it as he was the one that brought it to my attention. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that it does happen As stated contractually.
Yes it'll be interesting. In one hand I can't imagine YRC ponying up $0.60 an hour. But also, that language reads like UPS language it seems pretty cut and dried. The question is will the union push it? I have my doubts.

The UPS COLA raise last year is what I used to check my math to calculate the ABF and YRC COLA. ABF employees are screwed with the $.05 cap but I very much hope YRC employees get the full COLA. I hope Sean O'Brien stands up for you!

I found this quote online......"O’Brien, a sharp critic of Hoffa, has vowed to get tougher at the bargaining table, saying during the campaign that “If we’re negotiating discounted contracts and we’re negotiating lousy deals, why would any member, anyone, want to join the Teamsters union?”

The "Union" is us, remember that.
Ahhh , yeah sure
I found this quote online......"O’Brien, a sharp critic of Hoffa, has vowed to get tougher at the bargaining table, saying during the campaign that “If we’re negotiating discounted contracts and we’re negotiating lousy deals, why would any member, anyone, want to join the Teamsters union?”
It's the only hope YRC has.

Happy, Happy, Happy, YRC is getting their full COLA raise on April 1 2021. According to a letter of memorandum YRC employees will receive $0.60 per hour and $1.50 cents per mile COLA and $0.40 per hour and $1.00 cent per mile contractual raise on April 1, 2001. Total raise on April 1 2021 will be $1.00 per hour and $2.500 cents per mile. Congratulations to my YRC brothers. You deserve this.

Shouldn’t ABF also be getting COLA increase? Even though ours won’t be has much, isn’t it based on the same formula?