Cold Sucks!!!!

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
Brother Grocery throwers, may I whine for a bit?

I hate the friggin cold! I was born to sweat not freeze, what the heck is wrong with Sysco making me deliver groceries in these conditions?

I should be comfortable and snuggled up to Dianna on a cold day, not going to work, make hay when the sun shines right?

If anyone has any ideas on how I can skate out of work this winter and still get paid...I'm all ears! :)

WUSS!:hysterical: I'm still wearing short sleeves and a thin jacket in the mornings.
Believe it or no, I'm still in shorts, but by gosh I got a thermal, t-shirt, and sweat shirt on, I'm still cold!!! The shorts thing is for comfort, however a couple of windy days last week I wore pants then changed later. Yep, I'm a wussy with a P when it comes to the cold, I'm getting to dang old to freeze!! :(

Jeez GT what were you thinking when ya relocated to TULSA, OK.??
You thot it doesn't get cold??
Suthun Calisunshine or LAREDO are your options or allocate to the Equator.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can skate out of work this winter and still get paid...I'm all ears!
QUIT, go to plenty of temp services, apply for WAREHOUSE WORK and maybe you'll stay somewhat warm AND get paid OR let the woman work and stay home making hay in the sun.
Learning SPANISH will help.

Ck, it was just as cold in AR, I almost moved to Caligoofy at one time but backed out, I knew I would never be able to afford a house, even in the hood..lol, Money, I used to run up that way once a month and Brother, IDK how ya'll stand it up there, I'm pretty sure I would shoot myself if I didn't have a cushy inside job that pulled down 6 figures..HAHA!!!!! Like RR, you Brothers up there are nuts, well RR is over there from me, you guys are still crazy for the cold and snow, in my younger days it didn't bug me but now, it just hurts, however I do get used to it around Feb or so. It just takes a little longer every year.

COLD, cold, cry.

10-2 Moneyman01, I concur on the WUSS bit for GT, been up there usually in Winter after negotiating some unkempt roads in (frumunder) cheese. Didn't notice it was much different than The Windy or the Triad of Ct., Mass., R.I.

...cold and snow, in my younger days it didn't bug me but now, it just hurts,

Now GT, and you work out of REEFERS, if you think it's cold in Ok., or Ar., where it sometimes gets a bit breezy, you ain't been anywhere COLD.
Visit Idaho, North Dakota, Maine, Canada, Alaska, or simply go to Flagstaff, Az., or Yosemite, Ca. in Winter.

How old are you? Mid/upper 30s?
Wear some better insulation!!

CHEERS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
10-2 Moneyman01, I concur on the WUSS bit for GT, been up there usually in Winter after negotiating some unkempt roads in (frumunder) cheese. Didn't notice it was much different than The Windy or the Triad of Ct., Mass., R.I.

Now GT, and you work out of REEFERS, if you think it's cold in Ok., or Ar., where it sometimes gets a bit breezy, you ain't been anywhere COLD.
Visit Idaho, North Dakota, Maine, Canada, Alaska, or simply go to Flagstaff, Az., or Yosemite, Ca. in Winter.

How old are you? Mid/upper 30s?
Wear some better insulation!!

CHEERS!!
Lets see, I've been to ND and Flagstaff, yea its cold, I'm 44 years old, I guess with age comes more intolerance, after all around here we have more warm months than we do cold.

You checkers can call me a wuss all ya want, I ain't backing down, cold is not my friend, I love the heat, sweating don't bug me one bit.

Oh, I shut the reefer off when working out of the freezer, otherwise it will freeze up and go into defrost mode and never catch up.

Thats my story and I'm stickin to it :) Almost forgot, been to U da ho too.

Last edited by a moderator:
grocerythrower said:
Brother Grocery throwers, may I whine for a bit?

I hate the friggin cold! I was born to sweat not freeze, what the heck is wrong with Sysco making me deliver groceries in these conditions?

I should be comfortable and snuggled up to Dianna on a cold day, not going to work, make hay when the sun shines right?

If anyone has any ideas on how I can skate out of work this winter and still get paid...I'm all ears! :)

What a WUSSY! You crybaby food throwers. Waaaaa!!!

Funny how it's ONLY GT complaining!!!!:fingure:

GTs werld or HEY GT, we'll change yer name to GET TOUGH or GIMME TIME or Gaga-Tata.

I just checked Weatherbug for TULSA, OK. for the rest of week and the coldest it's predicted is in the mid 20s. Warmest, mid to upper 50s.
SO WHERE'S THE COLD PART other than some ungloved one handling your baggage??!!

WE are so proud you've reached the rank of GENERAL......yet WE add TOSSER for emotional construct!!

CHEERS!!

And to think I was making some small talk to help get another topic up.

Gee Whiz, I had a revelation today, I LOOOVVVEEE the cold, its my favorite, hell I may even go truckin on the ice road, the thought of breaking through and getting made into an instant ice cube, that really trips my trigger as of today, now ya'll quit complaining about me complaining. Maybe I should start a thread about Detroit Diesel...hhhhmmmmmmmm...decisions..decisions.....

grocerythrower said:
And to think I was making some small talk to help get another topic up.

Gee Whiz, I had a revelation today, I LOOOVVVEEE the cold, its my favorite, hell I may even go truckin on the ice road, the thought of breaking through and getting made into an instant ice cube, that really trips my trigger as of today, now ya'll quit complaining about me complaining. Maybe I should start a thread about Detroit Diesel...hhhhmmmmmmmm...decisions..decisions.....

Lol! Actually I'm in that WUSSY club too.

Lol! Actually I'm in that WUSSY club too.
Don't say that **** to loud Stoney my Brother, seems like we got a bunch of damn yankee snow lovin bucket heads on here...HAHA!!! Bucket head....LOL...I make me laugh.

Its gonna be cold the rest of the week here, I guess its about that time of year...sigh...gotta love it.

Don't say that **** to loud Stoney my Brother, seems like we got a bunch of damn yankee snow lovin bucket heads on here...HAHA!!! Bucket head....LOL...I make me laugh.

Its gonna be cold the rest of the week here, I guess its about that time of year...sigh...gotta love it.

I might be a DAMN YANKEE but I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!! Cold I can handle but snow sucks. Trying to push the two-wheeler through unplowed lots SUCKS!!! Plus, people around can't drive worth s%*t in it.

I might be a DAMN YANKEE but I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!! Cold I can handle but snow sucks. Trying to push the two-wheeler through unplowed lots SUCKS!!! Plus, people around can't drive worth s%*t in it.
I figured in your neck of the woods people were used to snow and could drive around in it, and yes pushing the wheeler in snow sucks, I spent a ton of time shoveling myself a path last year when we got all that snow, no one cares about us, we gotta do for ourself.

My one gripe about the cold is my nose runs all winter long, I bet I shoot snot on the ground 50 times in one route alone, I used to not be like that, this morning my face was frozen, along with my feet and fingers, but I was sweating under my hoodie, I can't find my happy place, freeze or sweat, that is the question...

The key to staying warm in the winter, is not to sweat, dress so you have a bit of chill when your not wheeling and let the manual labor portion of the job bring you up to operating temp, unless windchill is going to take your ears off ditch the hoodie/hat, that heat you build up needs to go someplace, keep your hands and feet warm and you'll be fine. Boot and gloves with Thinsulate are great. 6 years delivering in North Dakota you learn fast.

I work at US Foods in Buffalo NY and i dont really have a problem with the cold. I'm not a small guy, so i get sick of sweating my ass off! if you are cold, you don't have enough 6/10 cases on your wheeler. throw a couple more on, the muscular strain will keep you warm, lol! unplowed snow sucks, its usually easier to go grab their shovel and make yourself a path. if they don't have a shovel, the front lip of your wheeler will work in a pinch. And don't forget the bucket the company gave you to fill full of salt every day! I really think they should give drivers cheater chains to stay unstuck too.

I work at US Foods in Buffalo NY and i dont really have a problem with the cold. I'm not a small guy, so i get sick of sweating my ass off! if you are cold, you don't have enough 6/10 cases on your wheeler. throw a couple more on, the muscular strain will keep you warm, lol! unplowed snow sucks, its usually easier to go grab their shovel and make yourself a path. if they don't have a shovel, the front lip of your wheeler will work in a pinch. And don't forget the bucket the company gave you to fill full of salt every day! I really think they should give drivers cheater chains to stay unstuck too.
Good advice Bill..LOL, I carry a shovel all winter, also they won't give us salt, to expensive, Sysco OK is the cheapest OPCO in the country, thats why we are one of the most profitable I guess...I guess, however we as workers suffer, my counterparts in AR that are piece mile and stop across the board, work less and make more than me on ABC, sorry, off topic...I have a bucket of sand in my truck as of last week, it helps, not like good salt, but its better than nothing, I am eager to see what my new auto shift freightshaker will hand me this winter, trying to rock her out of a hole is going to be a challenge, I don't think I can rock that truck like I could with a manual.

The best suggestion of all that you gave Bill was cheater chains, I am gonna bring that up and see if we can't get some shipped in from another OPCO, I tried making some last winter but I failed, be nice to have the real deal.