Yellow | coming soon to your terminal

wannabe

TB Lurker
Credits
we are using 4hr casuals on the street and working some 8 to 12hrs a day they have 4 and looking to have 20 we have 14 p@d on layoff 8hard and 6 soft with soft working every day you will never get off layoff read only 4hr dock allowed local b-a says we gotta give a little co is struggling or you cant tell them how to run the co is there a number to call to have him investigated and removed or legal action taken i thought about calling an old italianfriend from the old school up north where guys like this went for ride if you no what i mean lol someone please help so we can stop this cancer from spreading

whatz the difference?......we all have been bent over so bad that a little more wont hurt us....when all is said and done we will be just like ups package with all part-timers inside and lots of part-timers driving.....:chairshot::chairshot:::chairshot::chairshot:

we are using 4hr casuals on the street and working some 8 to 12hrs a day they have 4 and looking to have 20 we have 14 p@d on layoff 8hard and 6 soft with soft working every day you will never get off layoff read only 4hr dock allowed local b-a says we gotta give a little co is struggling or you cant tell them how to run the co is there a number to call to have him investigated and removed or legal action taken i thought about calling an old italianfriend from the old school up north where guys like this went for ride if you no what i mean lol someone please help so we can stop this cancer from spreading
One of the first things I learned at Yellow is that the only thing Yellow understands is MONEY....File....File....File....when you are violated.

One of the first things I learned at Yellow is that the only thing Yellow understands is MONEY....File....File....File....when you are violated.
exactly.file. file. file. but, as far as the 14 hr part timers... someone is mis(not)informed. they ARE paying dues. why do you think the union agreed to them?

Not in NC if they don't want to, this is a Right to Work state and they cannot be forced to join!!! A bunch of BS but the lawmakers here have their heads stuck up their arses and won'tchange. I don't like it one bit, the best thing to do is to stay on the casuals arses and hound them till they join.. Point out the good value of membership, don't even let them here you gripe about the union in any way.. Remember all good info forget the bad for now! Push them hard to join everyday. Teamsters are TEAM players not MESTERS! ITs all for the good not One for himself!

Not in NC if they don't want to, this is a Right to Work state and they cannot be forced to join!!! A bunch of BS but the lawmakers here have their heads stuck up their arses and won'tchange. I don't like it one bit, the best thing to do is to stay on the casuals arses and hound them till they join.. Point out the good value of membership, don't even let them here you gripe about the union in any way.. Remember all good info forget the bad for now! Push them hard to join everyday. Teamsters are TEAM players not MESTERS! ITs all for the good not One for himself!

Uh, yeah, right.

They have no chance to ever get on full time, the work at half pay ands they see how well the union has done for the regular guys.

Good value, indeed!

Its attitudes like yours that will drive membership away. I may not agree with alot of what goes on but I support the Union to grow, maybe you don't want to and that is your right, but don't badmouth it to the younger guys and scare them away. Without the new Teamsters our retirement will disappear, we need new money to fund our pension like we are funding the current retirees. You are lucky, in NY casuals have to join after a 30 days (I believe, it has been awhile since I relocated) so they will be paying in to your Locals in BUF. Down here we are at their mercy if they want to join or not, BUT, we still have to defend them, isn't that just a great deal. So, now maybe you will see why I have to stay positive to get more members to join to help with the costs that we all incur to defend the ***** so we don't get a lawsiut put on us for unfair representation by the DOL!

That BA wannabe is talking about, is an issue that should be addresed very seriously, the future of the Teamsters is at stake here. OUR FUTURE!! there is enough cracks in the Teamster shield already.

How can you insult someone in five words and agree with them right after. What Rico said is the truth, in many states you have to join or you don't work, but in right to work states, it is your choice. The companies would rather see you NOT join and that gives them more leverage in that barn to get the men away from the Union. Mangmt. can start by saying, see we can work together and get more done without having Union involvement, thus plantig the seed in everyones head that you are just wasting your money paying dues, that your Local leaders aren't needed and that all will be smooth without Union intervention. We (as Union Brothers) need to support our Union and stand together to grow and be strong. Remember, no matter what your differences, don't let the company know that there is tension between the ranks, it only gives them more power to divide us. Stay strong and United!!

Ollie, I agree with you 100% staying united is what will keep us a union. I believe we the members should spend a little more time at the unoin hall complaining about what bothers us, instead of on the computer. We the members are the union. Your union officials work for you. If they don't work for you VOTE THEM OUT.

The only ones that we can vote out are our union stewards- the rest of the officals in our local elect themselves or
inherit their positions. Oh man!! what a job.

Correction on wording

That BA "wannabe" is talking about, is an issue that should be addresed very seriously, the future of the Teamsters is at stake here. OUR FUTURE!! there is enough cracks in the Teamster shield already:hide:

There is something I am not understading here, are we in the same union?. According to the NMFA when the Co. hires casuals they have to join the union. In ILL., casuals have to pay an initiation fee of $200.- and the Co. contributes to the pension fund which in turn benifits all of us , yes, and they also pay dues. Nothing against you southern boys in NC, I'm glad I live in ILL.

PS- We are not to happy with this casual deal.

That is what I was trying to tell you, in NC no one HAS to join the Union.We only have a few full time dockworkers that are not members (for whatever reason) and there is nothing that can be done about it, NC is a Right to Work state. I hate it!!!! I am from NY and like you had to join or didn't work, I had to pay more than $200 with absolutely no job guarantee, of which I was happy to pay many years ago!! This is a law that must be overturned, but they state lawmakers are not in any hurry to look into this. This is something that our UNion needs to address heavily with lobbyists in our state capital.