XPO | Con-Way did we get sold

Mozartsghost said:
My Response would be "Who Cares if we've been sold..." New uniforms, new name, new bosses... Ok, so now what? We're still gonna do the things we do every day just the same, we will pick up freight, Crossdock freight and then deliver freight... If they don't mess with the paycheck I don't care who writes it... If it says Con-way, DHL, Fedex, UPS... What does it matter really?
If it dose go down.I just hope we work for a better class of people

Evo said:
Who knows what is going on here. I am curious to find out what this October meeting is all about. We shall see...
All this secrecy within the upper management is not necessary. They should practice the integrity that they preach to the employees company wide. I wonder how Kevin B. would feel if a few thousand employees showed up on Sunday, October 1 at the meeting that is being held in the Collinsville, IL area. Your terminal managers already know what's going on but have had the fear of God put in them if the leak it out. The rest of the mid-level management in the terminals will know this coming Sunday.

Do not stand on the sidelines and idly watch them take everything they can take from us. This can once again be the good company it started out as.

XGO, we know you are monitoring these boards. Some day the rotten back-stabbing things you are doing will catch up with you.

Ray D. Oh said:
The good news is if DHL bought us, we wouldn't have to worry about being co-owners anymore! That is so much pressure!:Pick-Me:
Yeah but:punk: yellow and red uniforms with those new blue tralers :shades: YUK

trucker4cf said:
funny thae same rumer is on the yrcw board about dhl buying yrcw.
that's cuz Yellow drivers aren't smart enough to know the difference between deutche BANK (who funded the mergers) and deutche POST (who owns dhl).

cheezcutter said:
lots of chatter around the northeast that we got sold to DHL same as always but some guys heard it on the satellite trucking channel just wondering whats goin on

The same rumor got to the midwest just as fast...and just as incorrect!!
Apparently, Central Freight (an LTL company, I believe from Texas) had its pension frozen due to a pending buy-out by Vitran Express.

Now some bozo (with XM radio) from USF Holland told one of our linehaul drivers (without XM radio) that he had heard we, (Conway Central Express) had our pensions frozen andd that he had heard it on XM Radio!!

Man!! People hear things wrong and rumors spread like wild fires!!! Relax...calm down...we aren't being sold until 2008. :shades:

BackHerUp said:
The same rumor got to the midwest just as fast...and just as incorrect!!
Apparently, Central Freight (an LTL company, I believe from Texas) had its pension frozen due to a pending buy-out by Vitran Express.

Now some bozo (with XM radio) from USF Holland told one of our linehaul drivers (without XM radio) that he had heard we, (Conway Central Express) had our pensions frozen andd that he had heard it on XM Radio!!

Man!! People hear things wrong and rumors spread like wild fires!!! Relax...calm down...we aren't being sold until 2008. :shades:
why are we being sold in 08 and not now

Because of the proxy vote. Everyone here on on the board is going to convince the majority of the owners of 48,000,000 (yes, that's 48 million) shares (including the 87.4% that is owned by institutions and mutual funds) that we're going to put two of our own in the hot seat to help steer the ship.

So figure we'll be in better financial shape 2 years from now with the guidance the two blue collars in the board room that DHL or some other gigantic conglomorate is just going to be itching to buy us. :hysterical:

I'm sorry if I seem a bit skeptical... :Banane01:

dockboy said:
well maybe then we can get rid of "fat beard"

Would be nice, huh. However, if you looked at this past annual report, you would have noticed he was the least paid in the bunch...(probably because he's the least experienced at being the President of anything!)

Unfortunately, it's the Chairmen of the Board (that command all the shares plus the 7-figure salaries with self-imposed 6-and-7-figure bonuses) and the other hierarchy that really need to be "scoped from a grassy knoll"...:shades:

BackHerUp said:
Would be nice, huh. However, if you looked at this past annual report, you would have noticed he was the least paid in the bunch...(probably because he's the least experienced at being the President of anything!)

Unfortunately, it's the Chairmen of the Board (that command all the shares plus the 7-figure salaries with self-imposed 6-and-7-figure bonuses) and the other hierarchy that really need to be "scoped from a grassy knoll"...:shades:
Think proxy proposal

I wouldn't worry, guys. History says they will call you with a voice message to call a 800 #. They tell you what a great job you do, and then they FIRE you!!

They wouldn't do that to you....or would they??

Hoosierky said:
I wouldn't worry, guys. History says they will call you with a voice message to call a 800 #. They tell you what a great job you do, and then they FIRE you!!

No they wouldn't.they love us.We our like family to them.

Evo said:
Who knows what is going on here. I am curious to find out what this October meeting is all about. We shall see...
After filling out my company survey this morning(did we ever see the results from 05?)i asked my scm what this Oct meeting is about. As far as he knows it is a regional meeting (New England) with FOS's in attendence. If anything big was going to be announced he said FOS's would not be in attendence in his opinion. Remember rumor is based on speculation and speculation is based on rumor.

Hoosierky said:

sorry hoosierky, kinda brings back memories :console:

Its not like you guys didnt have bills to pay or a family to feed, just not right!!!!! :paperbag1: