XPO | Con-Way is wrong!

SickandTired

TB Lurker
Credits
Their closing terminals for long term befefits to help the company survive, makes sense. But the way their doing it makes no sense. Their taking only a certain amount of drivers that they projectected they'll need to cover the freight from the closing terminals. The rest of the drivers who dont fall into the projections will be terminated with a severence package. What happens in a week, 2 weeks, a month, 2 months down the road they found out they projected wrong and they need more drivers. Well the terminated drivers cant fall into those positions, the company says they have to be rehired. Start all over. Theres good drivers with over 5, 10, 15, and even 20 yrs of service losing their jobs without any kind of recall rights. Its bad enough these guys cant bump into the terminals that are taking their freight, by senoirity. But they cant even be put into a position if one becomes available without being rehired. When you got guys keeping their jobs with less than 1 yr.senority and a 15yr. guy loses his job, somethings wrong. It shows how much this company cares about loyalty and commitment. Its just wrong!

their closing terminals for long term befefits to help the company survive, makes sense. But the way their doing it makes no sense. Their taking only a certain amount of drivers that they projectected they'll need to cover the freight from the closing terminals. The rest of the drivers who dont fall into the projections will be terminated with a severence package. What happens in a week, 2 weeks, a month, 2 months down the road they found out they projected wrong and they need more drivers. Well the terminated drivers cant fall into those positions, the company says they have to be rehired. Start all over. Theres good drivers with over 5, 10, 15, and even 20 yrs of service losing their jobs without any kind of recall rights. Its bad enough these guys cant bump into the terminals that are taking their freight, by senoirity. But they cant even be put into a position if one becomes available without being rehired. When you got guys keeping their jobs with less than 1 yr.senority and a 15yr. Guy loses his job, somethings wrong. It shows how much this company cares about loyalty and commitment. Its just wrong!

are you a lawyer???????

Their closing terminals for long term befefits to help the company survive, makes sense. But the way their doing it makes no sense. Their taking only a certain amount of drivers that they projectected they'll need to cover the freight from the closing terminals. The rest of the drivers who dont fall into the projections will be terminated with a severence package. What happens in a week, 2 weeks, a month, 2 months down the road they found out they projected wrong and they need more drivers. Well the terminated drivers cant fall into those positions, the company says they have to be rehired. Start all over. Theres good drivers with over 5, 10, 15, and even 20 yrs of service losing their jobs without any kind of recall rights. Its bad enough these guys cant bump into the terminals that are taking their freight, by senoirity. But they cant even be put into a position if one becomes available without being rehired. When you got guys keeping their jobs with less than 1 yr.senority and a 15yr. guy loses his job, somethings wrong. It shows how much this company cares about loyalty and commitment. Its just wrong!
I know this does effect alot of people and my prayers to those it effects. Con-Way is offering a pretty good package for those going to another terminal or even if you "seperate" from the company. I hope all take advatage of the offerings. It was my understanding that the company would honor seniority if you went to another terminal within so many days. If you look at the service coverage map it makes sense to elminate duplicate terminals. Just my opnion.

Nope

If you are economically terminated & they call you back within 3 months you can retain your company seniority.

Thats not how their doing this. The questions been asked. They were told your terminated with a severance package and you would have to be rehired. They said there is not time period.

What?

I know this does effect alot of people and my prayers to those it effects. Con-Way is offering a pretty good package for those going to another terminal or even if you "seperate" from the company. I hope all take advatage of the offerings. It was my understanding that the company would honor seniority if you went to another terminal within so many days. If you look at the service coverage map it makes sense to elminate duplicate terminals. Just my opnion.

Your not understanding what I wrote

what i don't get is why close the milwaukee shop? isnt that the only one in cheese land? that makes no sense to me at all. if you took there reship fine cut the third shift but the whole shop?? i dont get it

Your not understanding what I wrote
I do not recall anything in the meeting that said we are only taking certain employees and the rest get the boot. I thought you had the option to go to the next coverage terminal and fall into place with your current seniority. If you decide to seperate with the company they offered a healthy seperation package......although i feel in todays economic situation it could have been a little better.

You get to follow the freight and bump in with your service. You got the strap, then you get to use it. You cant go to another location, just the location your freight is going to be going to. Keep the faith!

If your service center is closed and you follow your freight, you will dovetail in with your seniority.You will not have a 1 year person keeping their job over a 15 year person.That's the problem with some people at this company,they pull stuff out of their @** and spread it as gospel.

Take a "chill pill' and take a deep breath...

Its bad enough these guys cant bump into the terminals that are taking their freight, by senoirity.

You need to calm down and get your facts straight. :ranting2: You are assuming way too much already and be thankful you still have a job!
Now...back to the subject matter at hand, my TM told me this morning that drivers (of closing terminals) can follow their freight (that's being absorbed by the new FAC's) and they will retain their status and benefits intact. The one's who choose to go to near-by terminals other than the new FAC's will be handled as transfers and lose their seniority status but retain their benefit status (i.e; vacation time accrual, pension status [if applicable], etc.)...bottom of the board. But hey, that's what they chose to do in lieu of accepting the severance. I agree, it's not a pretty picture. Either way you pick up your family and move to another location and incur the expenses to retain your job regardless of which way you choose to go. :shout:

I'm just glad that my terminal is safe... for now anyway.

In our terminal we were told conway has 180 days to call them back. I think conway is doing what they need to to survive. In nj 1 driving is losing there job. Were closing 1 terminal and they dont have room for 1 driver. I feel for him, but it could be worse it could be yellow/roadway laying off thousands now and more in the future.Be thankful for what you have.

it doesnt matter who you work for anymore, all these companies are the same, we just drive different colored trucks, all they care about are those on the hill.

I am one losing my job and we are following our freight and keeping our service rank so speak not about what you know not about!!!!

Wrong

You get to follow the freight and bump in with your service. You got the strap, then you get to use it. You cant go to another location, just the location your freight is going to be going to. Keep the faith!

They only let a certain amount go to the terminals taking their freight. They guestimate how many drivers they think they'll need and the rest are let go or offered work in other states. Only the amount of drivers they think they'll need get to go to the terminals that are taking their freight. At our barn we got drivers with over 15yrs. of service losing their jobs while the terminals taking our freight have drivers with 1 yr. or less senoirtiy keeping their jobs. If later on the company finds out they estimated the amount of drivers they needed at the terminals taking our freight was low and they need more drivers, our drivers would have to be rehired just like a new employee. If our drivers decide to take a job at a terminal in another state and a job opens up at a terminal that took our freight, our drivers cant transfer back until they have been at the terminal they transferred to for at least 1 year. This is the way it is and its wrong.