XPO | Con-Way is wrong!

Damn straight! The shop guys got two weeks to work after black monday but the building maintenance guys were shown the door right away. I mean, I clocked in at 5:55 a.m. monday morning and then my boss brings me in his office with this accountant or someone and tells me I no longer have a job and shows me the door. I had to practically beg to get my lunch box and coffee!

What exactly was your job description?
What was their reason to let you go?
Is it a license/bonding issue? (Not CDL)
Maybe it was the fatality that ended up blanketing all of Con-way to remove further liability.

It was indeed the liability...sorry to hear you were rushed out, that probably wasn't necessary...It was hard to say goodbye to mine, and he went into the breakroom and said goodbye to alot of people, because he wanted to...it just sucked...but it was what was asked to be done...He is actually excited about some opportunities he has closer to home, and with his severance, he is pretty confident he will be fine..

It was indeed the liability...sorry to hear you were rushed out, that probably wasn't necessary...It was hard to say goodbye to mine, and he went into the breakroom and said goodbye to alot of people, because he wanted to...it just sucked...but it was what was asked to be done...He is actually excited about some opportunities he has closer to home, and with his severance, he is pretty confident he will be fine..

I may kick a hornets nest saying this BUT .... at least Con-way had the class to give guys severance. That will help alot for some. The timing ... not great. More people have been affected then anyone realizes ..

What exactly was your job description?
What was their reason to let you go?
Is it a license/bonding issue? (Not CDL)
Maybe it was the fatality that ended up blanketing all of Con-way to remove further liability.

Building Maintenance
Liability / Not licensed for all the jobs I was doing