XPO | Conference call 9/28/14

This is no different than not listening to zone drivers...those folks were grossly underpaid and CGO used an unfair formula to calculate the zone DSR pay.

All of the info provided is a direct result of the company excersizing its right to campaign AGAINST a union. The strategy has always been to show the hourly workforce "...here's what we have done for you..."...and here are the stats on how the union has destroyed other companies. They will always campaign with their union free philosophy. There is nothing wrong with that...but I agree with Bankrupt...why are these long standing issues being addressed now and all at the same time.

This is no different than not listening to zone drivers...those folks were grossly underpaid and CGO used an unfair formula to calculate the zone DSR pay.

All of the info provided is a direct result of the company excersizing its right to campaign AGAINST a union. The strategy has always been to show the hourly workforce "...here's what we have done for you..."...and here are the stats on how the union has destroyed other companies. They will always campaign with their union free philosophy. There is nothing wrong with that...but I agree with Bankrupt...why are these long standing issues being addressed now and all at the same time.

Just take the pay increases and be happy with it..it's all your gonna get right now. It's plenty.

You should have added this to one of the existing threads. Rather than starting a new one. Trying to keep the clutter down.

Con-way Freight to boost driver wages early next year; first big nonunion LTL trucker

Today's announcement comes two weeks after a little more than 100 employees at Con-way Freight's service center in Laredo, Texas, voted for union representation by the Teamsters, the first union shop in the company's 31-year history. In addition, the Teamsters will hold representation elections on Oct. 23 at Con-way Freight terminals in Los Angeles, Santa Fe Springs, and Pacoima, Calif., which comprise the unit's footprint in greater Los Angeles. The National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), the federal law governing labor relations in the trucking industry, requires that organizing be done on a terminal-by-terminal basis. Con-way Freight has 273 terminals across the United States.

It is illegal to offer wage increases as a way of influencing a union vote. However, with one terminal in the union fold and three more, including stations in the country's second-largest population center, considering similar moves, it may not be surprising that the company would take steps to keep its work force happy. "Laredo got their attention," said Benjamin J. Hartford, analyst at the investment firm Robert W. Baird & Co.

Con-way Freight to boost driver wages early next year; first big nonunion LTL trucker to act – DC Velocity

:bouncy:

Just take the pay increases and be happy with it..it's all your gonna get right now. It's plenty.

Absolutely no likes earned with that one beer❗️ And you are correct,it's probably all there will be for now, IF WE ALLOW it. The vacation deal is a scam to steal your home time and spend more time at work. (Driver shortage- so this is a plus for the company -not us!). Turning the trucks up is an mute point. Doesn't get you home faster, they will still sap you for 12-14 anyway you slice it... And the money (24.77 here /58.5) is not in my pocket yet and I don't believe it til I see it. A couple of snow storms and dockworker damage increases will suck all the hot air out of this empty promise. 6 month is a long way off and if you don't get it on paper it never happened! Get a contract!!!

Con-way Freight plans $60 million LTL driver pay hike

The additional $60 million in compensation equates to about a 6 percent pay increase for Con-way Freight drivers, according to SJ Consulting Group.

The new pay structure is the last step in a transition away from multiple legacy pay plans left over from the days before the national LTL carrier was created by the merger of three separate regional carriers, Greg Lehmkuhl, president of Con-way Freight, said in a statement.

“Our simplified pay structure enables us to more effectively align driver pay with the market-based cost of labor, and provides increased flexibility to react to market conditions over time so we can ensure our drivers’ compensation remains competitive,” he said.

Con-way Freight also is facing an organizing campaign led by the Teamsters union. On Sept. 12, 113 Con-way Freight drivers and dockworkers in Laredo, Texas, voted to join the Teamsters — making Laredo the only unionized facility among Con-way’s 300 terminals. The Teamsters are calling for elections at three Southern California terminals as well.

Con-way Freight plans $60 million LTL driver pay hike | JOC.com

:bouncy:

no. Ours is always slightly higher than yours, but it evens out in the end because of higher taxes in our country.

Do you pay healthcare premiums?
I have a high deductible plan that beerfd said was GREAT and I have incured over $17,000.00 in uncovered medical bills this year.

It seems to me that Conway has no respect for your intelligence. It seems they think certain areas/regions have less intelligence or are worth less.
The union fixes that. Quit being degraded to make a few people very rich.

Do you pay healthcare premiums? I have a high deductible plan that beerfd said was GREAT and I have incured over $17,000.00 in uncovered medical bills this year.
no. We have socialized healthcare. Paid for with taxes.

What do u think our insurance is. Everyone is entitled to it.? Screw that we have so many pos in this country is sick . what47 mil on food stamps. Who is the sucker here, we are . now go break that van that is 9 hrs. Late cmon

Ok everyone you will read it here first. Price increases on the freight will go in effect tomorrow to be used as a scare tactic to for all of you to rethink your union vote. This just proves that the over abundance of arrogance still runs blissful in this corporation. They are predicting that it will get slow to break all of your pocketbooks and wills to feed your families. I just Greg L warned all of you in the video that your decision will affect your families. If you look at past history and line it up ..... it all makes sense.

A price increase is a sure way to lose market share if the other carriers don't follow suit.

And watch your freight go down until the rest have an increase.. It's a cycle.... You can't fool an old dog that's trailed before......