ODFL | considering a change to ODL

Ump, I'am with ya on that. At the center I just left from, even the managers are looking for new places to go. Its really a crying shame to see where they were 8 years ago to where they have come today. All I know, is, I am glad to be starting over at OD and getting to be a truck driver again and not a forklift operator. The tension at FEDEX is so bad, everybody hates everyone. As I see it, FEDEX is a whole bunch of little companies(Service Centers) fighting against each other and unless senior management figures it out soon, they might be in for a rude awakening when the business is gone. I can't wait for the 10th and my start day. The drop and hook pay is fine with me and as Song said ,"you get paid for what you do" and thats important. I will take the mileage vs the dock time any day of the week!! THANKS TO ALL FOR THE WELCOMING TO OD.

Best of luck to you. The grass is greener over here.

It's official coming over from Con-job staring Tuesday in Atl. little nervous but very excited. Ready to work my butt off and make OD my new home! Heard only good things from OD drivers I have spoke to.

I was with Conway for 16yrs and left 3 years ago and feel like a load lifted off me . don't regregt it at all. I was starting to go done hill then when they stopped the pension but all the management keeps there I sais see ya

Good luck actually getting it........

As long as the manager is told at the time of hiring and he inputs the info correctly its automatically sent to you after the driver has been employed for 6 months. I've seen a few people get it. Not to say it couldn't get messed up, but you should keep track and remind them if not.

Got 1, 5 years ago, sort of surprised since SLC TM only had my 1st name by recruit, guy who asked questions and I visited with at a truck stop while getting a coffee. 2nd one was couple rears ago by a driver I referred to a terminal I transferred out of. Never expected either, since most drivers forget names or TM's don't ask. 1 of the guys at my present terminal got bonus, because TM at the time I filled out application in 06, asked if anyone had referred me. Believe it is per TM getting paperwork submitted. Saw a guy who asked 20 questions at a Quick Trip a year or so ago pull into PAR out of SPM, did he submit my name, someone else's, don't know, never asked. Decade long Fed-Ex hand, just glad we got an experienced driver. If driver put employee's name on application as recruit/reference, it should be paid if TM is on the ball.

It seems like you must have the worst T/M in the company!I wouldn't think twice about going over his head that's why there's an open door policy I wouldn't start at Thomasville though follow the chain of command that would be the Regional VP.
That's what I tell them but they are "nervous" to go over the TM's head. When comes to my money get out of my way you don't mess with it!