ODFL | considering a change to ODL

We got guy's 20 -30 yrs with the other carrier jumping ship.Starting pay with these guy's are more than they are making at there old places.They are Happy,Happy.

I don't post a lot, just come to read, worked for another carrier and due to a motorcycle accident lost my slot while recuperating.

Healed up and ready to move some freight.

I have read nothing but good words about the company.

Fast forward, just visited with Keith in ATL, seems interested, cautiously optimistic about joining the Old Dominion family.

Time will tell.

I know several line haul drivers out of the GBO terminal as well as a couple in corporate and they all enjoy working for OD. After several years of putting it off I decided to go over and talk to Dave a couple of times, each time I've been at the terminal everyone seemed to be in good spirits and the place had a good vibe to it. I may finally be joining the OD team in the near future.

I've been a lurker on the boards here for some time now... just decided to create an account finally :D

Who wants my referral bonus? I am going to look into St. Loius Mo. Monday morning. Let me know and I will hook you up. 20 years LTL.

To the post about waiting on tractors. This is a Columbus, OH issue as well as a few other barns. During the busiest times of the year it may be hard for xtraboard drivers to find tractors due to high freight or purhaps tractor recalls/maintenance. This isn't a year round thing but it is frustrating. But only a few times have I heard of someone waiting 2-3 hours. But I mean is waiting 2-3 hours for a company that pays you what they say they will and treats you like a person better or worse then working for some place you don't like and treats you like a number.

Look's like LSX is ready to start his yard time before the next class.It was great meeting you today.Good Luck my friend&like I said if you need anything.Help,? on something alway's fill free to contact me.About forgot!!welcome to the truckingboards
I know several line haul drivers out of the GBO terminal as well as a couple in corporate and they all enjoy working for OD. After several years of putting it off I decided to go over and talk to Dave a couple of times, each time I've been at the terminal everyone seemed to be in good spirits and the place had a good vibe to it. I may finally be joining the OD team in the near future.

I've been a lurker on the boards here for some time now... just decided to create an account finally :D

Look's like LSX is ready to start his yard time before the next class.It was great meeting you today.Good Luck my friend&like I said if you need anything.Help,? on something alway's fill free to contact me.About forgot!!welcome to the truckingboards

Thanks! Everything was sent off to corporate for approval. Just waiting for the call that everything is a go. I'm trying not to think about it too much but it seems like things are likely to work out since I got the yard time print-off and all the other information I need in order to prepare for the class.

It was pretty ironic to run in to you today like I did. As soon as I saw the name on your shirt I knew who it was :D

:hysterical:Yep!!Old Big Mouth.:1036316054:
Thanks! Everything was sent off to corporate for approval. Just waiting for the call that everything is a go. I'm trying not to think about it too much but it seems like things are likely to work out since I got the yard time print-off and all the other information I need in order to prepare for the class.

It was pretty ironic to run in to you today like I did. As soon as I saw the name on your shirt I knew who it was :D

We all got messages concerning the tractor shortage.The term's may use your tractor on your 10 hour break.
To the post about waiting on tractors. This is a Columbus, OH issue as well as a few other barns. During the busiest times of the year it may be hard for xtraboard drivers to find tractors due to high freight or purhaps tractor recalls/maintenance. This isn't a year round thing but it is frustrating. But only a few times have I heard of someone waiting 2-3 hours. But I mean is waiting 2-3 hours for a company that pays you what they say they will and treats you like a person better or worse then working for some place you don't like and treats you like a number.

To the guy who dogged on the pay rate for breaking / building sets : you break and build a set in 30 mins if you take your time. Thats 12 bucks. At that rate your making 24 an hour. So wheres the problem? To the folks just joining us, welcome aboard! Happy your here = ) to the folks considering a change, best wishes to you and your families. I hope you find contentment, i really do. Sorry it pan'd out that way for you guys.