XPO | Controversial, What does OD do better than us and the other LTLs to have such great OR?

One of the things Old Dominion has spent alot of resources on is being able to accurately gauge how much it costs to handle individual shipments. They can figure out how much time it takes to handle on the dock, and how much time it takes to deliver. If the consignee needs special things like appointments, inside delivery, or fingerprinting, all this is taken into account and they price accordingly. The salesmen have very little wiggle room, plain and simple Old Dominion will not haul freight at a loss. Also they reweigh as many shipments as possible, and charge customers for the actual weight, not just what was listed on the BL.

Grizz.
And they dimension the :censored: out of everything too.

Not really at end of the day,end of the week, and end of the year I will make more money didn't say anything about hours I work. Not my fault the company that pays you overtime makes sure you get very little or no ot. You wish you could work the hours we can work. Higher rate of pay and 55 hrs or more a week or little to no overtime hours at smaller rate. Hmmmmm Keep getting that OT tho BOSS your making a killing off it :1036316054::6781::hilarious::hilarious:
Way off base, more overtime here than most really want!! Also at the end of the year I doubt you make as much money after figuring all your deductions, like insurance and such......

It's very simple. We all get paid the same. Some get more of this and less of that. Others get more of that and less of this. Stop arguing stupid :::shit::: , please.
What ever you say sunshine, you could always phone a friend or hit the ignore button!!

Way off base, more overtime here than most really want!! Also at the end of the year I doubt you make as much money after figuring all your deductions, like insurance and such......
Wasting your time on tha
Who needs that stupid overtime when you can work all the hours you want for straight time....us "dumb truck drivers" want everything....

Wasting your time on tha

Who needs that stupid overtime when you can work all the hours you want for straight time....us "dumb truck drivers" want everything....

This is exactly why OD hires so many drivers out of truck driving school! Look at the current classes graduating the stellar wheel holding academies. Most came off welfare or never worked a better job than Jiffy Lube and will bottom feed the hell out of senior drivers their first year. I only work city for OD because in my state they are required to pay OT after 40 whether they like it or not, otherwise for anyone with a brain they're ripping their drivers off everywhere else in the country.