XPO | Conway is not all bad....then

stormee

TB Lurker
Credits
After 17 yrs at Conway I really don't have much bad to say....and not much good either..when I started 20 yrs ago I thought I had died and gone to Frieght Heaven...supervisors used to listen to logic...the drivers used to care deeply about Thier freight and damages....the line haul crew used to do Thier best to get back on time even if it ment bending the rules a bit...the city drivers used to make sure Thier Frieght got delivered and picked up even if it meant bending the rules a bit to get it done....the TMs used to go out of Thier way to be your friend because it was good for moral and made good sense....we used to have good insurance that cost zero on our end....we used to have a good direction as to where the company was going and we all used to pitch in for the good of all of us on the Conway team...now that I'm retired it's been sad to see where it's all going...right in the toilet..I have never seen such sadness in a group of people as I have seen since I left....I'm glad I worked at Conway and was proud of where I worked all those years...I pray that XGO wakes up and corrects Thier Problems before it's all gone...Key word here is USED TO...THEY HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT A TRUCKING COMPANY WITH OUT DRIVERS IS A PARKING LOT,,,,,wake up please I don't want to see my hard work hit the jobless line....KEEP ON TRUCKING!!M

Not going to happen I'm afraid. There's a lot of empty lots and boneyards of trucking companies built on the blood, sweat and tears of good men that are now gone. As long as greed is in the Crystal Palace of the corporations there'll be new boneyards appearing.

I hate to have to agree but lately we are one Giant Cluster **** of a Company I come in my load is never ready to leave anymore its all ****ed up and has to be redone even when it is loaded or I am over weight and have to redo it ! This lean **** is not working we done way better last year loads were ready **** was loaded correctly Damned Temps loading the **** just throw it on the trucks they don't placard them right don't strap the freight down every day I have issues ! Why >??????????????

Not going to happen I'm afraid. There's a lot of empty lots and boneyards of trucking companies built on the blood, sweat and tears of good men that are now gone. As long as greed is in the Crystal Palace of the corporations there'll be new boneyards appearing.

I hate to have to agree but lately we are one Giant Cluster **** of a Company I come in my load is never ready to leave anymore its all ****ed up and has to be redone even when it is loaded or I am over weight and have to redo it ! This lean **** is not working we done way better last year loads were ready **** was loaded correctly Damned Temps loading the **** just throw it on the trucks they don't placard them right don't strap the freight down every day I have issues ! Why >??????????????
It will continue to happen because we show a profit - even with all of the mistakes and mismanagement.
How much money could Con-way make if management would listen and use common sense?

It will continue to happen because we show a profit - even with all of the mistakes and mismanagement.
How much money could Con-way make if management would listen and use common sense?

I really dont think they want to make big profits. Maybe they are afraid someone will buy us out or something...

They weren't that heavy, had a bit of flex to them. I got them in, but scanned them with the FOS's sco. Wouldn't put my name to it. An email went out to the origin asking if they know our pups are only 28 feet long....

They weren't that heavy, had a bit of flex to them. I got them in, but scanned them with the FOS's sco. Wouldn't put my name to it. An email went out to the origin asking if they know our pups are only 28 feet long....

probably came off a van at some point. But I know what you mean.

I know that freight. SWI says use a hacksaw , we do at my barn. It takes just a few minutes.

Supposedly , we are using LESS subservice now for whatever reason. That's good if it's true , right?

Because even though the media portrays doom and gloom we have been out of a recession for a while and the economy is on the up swing. With a "cheap driver" shortage the companies are probably able to command better rates elsewhere.

After 17 yrs at Conway I really don't have much bad to say....and not much good either..when I started 20 yrs ago I thought I had died and gone to Frieght Heaven..

Sorry, OCD kicking in...17 yrs at Con-way and you started 20 yrs ago? Have you left us?...and, "I" before "E" except after "C" or when sounded like "A" as in neighbor or weigh. Carry on.