Yellow | COO In Columbus

change? ...what change?

:duh: No word here, but if so it would not be the first time mngmt neglected to inform drivers of their status.:ranting:

The ground is rumbling, something big is going on. A dispatcher told me that on the company intranet website, Mike Smid and Maynard Skarka both post a weekly message to all employees-neither one has updated since 8/1/07...

Rumor has it that s**t will hit the fan Thursday when bigwigs visit CVE/RFO! Heads are supposed to roll as top mgmt "trims the fat"! As far as COL change being stopped, it wouldn't shock me since layoffs are continuing and if freight doesn't pick up, there will be a lot of hard feelings when 30 dock/yard employees come up to CVE/RFO and bump to layoff nearly all the 10% board! It should be an interesting week at Yellow!

word has it change has been stopped in Columbus. Any word on this?

:nutkick:
I wouldn't place too much value on this latest rumor!!! If it happens it happens!
However, I have heard this rumor also..and each time it comes from a so-called Senior Driver or Drivers! I heard numerous rumors before the phone bid. That is I heard them personally from many of these drivers! And not a one of them happened!!! Just like all the old stories and rumors that have been told over the centuries. There often time is just enough truth spun in to make it seem true. Or what many wish were true! For some reason the "Senior Drivers" think they know more than, or better than, any or all management. Or Union (or lack of Union) Leadership!
Some are talking just to be talking. And some just like to play Head-Games!
So take a deep breath and hang on for the ride! If I'm wrong, then I'll admit it!
But until you actually see something personally. Don't be taken in by it and continue the rumor(s)!!!
Oh Yeah , The Sky is Falling!!!

I heard this rumor over 2 weeks ago in STL. We have one guy moving to IND but it didn't come from him.....I was told that the HOS going back to 10 hours was the reason......the source told me that all the new 11 hour runs in the COO couldn't be made after the HOS went back.....I asked him to tell me which new 11 hour runs were written into the COO.....he said....Uh, I don't know.....I told him that I wasn't aware of any......he said...well, that's just what I heard....I learned very early on at Yellow to believe it when you see it.......there are people who start rumors just for fun or to **** somebody else off......pretty childish but it happens all the time here. Don't buy into it.

I don't for one moment believe that Yellow or our Teamsters would let a mass of people sell their houses-- enroll their kids in new schools STATES AWAY, and then, a few days before -- cancel the whole thing and say "Just kidding".........

The American Revloution happened for less than that!

Just got a phone call from the moving company... 9/18 they will pack and load the truck, 9/19 or 9/20 they will deliver in IND. I'm a mechanic, and this is the first info I have gotten. I still don't know what days off or shift I'll be working. IND maint. mgr is not giving any info. Keeps blaming the union and the labor relations guy. Says they have to hammer out a bid that is agreeable to the guys there, and that he will fax it to Col after his guys have bid. They will start their semi annual bid 2 weeks early.(Like he couldn't place us for 2 stinking weeks without a formal bid?) I had plans for vacation, and this makes it damn tough to plan anything. I'm sick of the way Roadway (oops) Yellow is treating all of us involved in the change.
Seems to me that the change is going to go through. But, I have been wrong more often than right about this whole deal.

Just got a phone call from the moving company... 9/18 they will pack and load the truck, 9/19 or 9/20 they will deliver in IND. I'm a mechanic, and this is the first info I have gotten. I still don't know what days off or shift I'll be working. IND maint. mgr is not giving any info. Keeps blaming the union and the labor relations guy. Says they have to hammer out a bid that is agreeable to the guys there, and that he will fax it to Col after his guys have bid. They will start their semi annual bid 2 weeks early.(Like he couldn't place us for 2 stinking weeks without a formal bid?) I had plans for vacation, and this makes it damn tough to plan anything. I'm sick of the way Roadway (oops) Yellow is treating all of us involved in the change.
Seems to me that the change is going to go through. But, I have been wrong more often than right about this whole deal.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR MOVE

Like others have said: Good Luck!"

As I passed thru the shop tonight, I heard some of the mechanics here discussing something along those lines. Didn't know your particulars. I know some good guys in the shop. I know some horses rear-ends there too.

The dock guys coming are "being placed" as I understand it. (2 going to 1600 dock-- Monday -Friday; they've got me by a week in seniority, but I'm a driver) I'd heard they'd be here by the 15th???? The Dock here's easy. No problems at all. The Road I hear is more picky. But I know not many of them. From everything I've heard, Our shop is hard to figure. A couple of hard-headed guys on day's hold it up????? Anyway-- best of luck! Maybe I'll meet you soon!:1036316054:

I heard this rumor over 2 weeks ago in STL. We have one guy moving to IND but it didn't come from him.....I was told that the HOS going back to 10 hours was the reason......the source told me that all the new 11 hour runs in the COO couldn't be made after the HOS went back.....I asked him to tell me which new 11 hour runs were written into the COO.....he said....Uh, I don't know.....I told him that I wasn't aware of any......he said...
IND->CNC thats what the plus 4 is for in INDY

IND->CNC thats what the plus 4 is for in INDY
IND to CNC with freight coming from where? I thought the main reason that IND was reduced as a gainer and COL was was reduced as a loser was because COL was going to keep running CNC with freight out of CGB. I'm confused now, but it usually doesn't take much to confuse me.

picky???? what do you mean...our work rules????

That was my way of saying I've never read a post from one of our Road guys that seemed happy. Always mad about something/anything......

I really hope I get the wrong impression.....of course-- for the most part-- especialy on the Politics Forum-- the Road guys Always seem upset about a lot more of everything than the local guys do. Maybe because we get to go home . Maybe because we don't get as tired. Maybe it's just the nature of the Beast; especially when you go up and down talking to the "good buddies" all night.......maybe it's because your side overhires-- then makes guys sit. Who knows; maybe it's because you have that awesome responsiblility to spend all that much more $$$ you make than us locals????:hysterical: :biglaugh: Basically, we apparently are a much happier crew over on The Rock!:smilie_132:

UPSET? who's UPSET?

That was my way of saying I've never read a post from one of our Road guys that seemed happy. Always mad about something/anything......

I really hope I get the wrong impression.....of course-- for the most part-- especialy on the Politics Forum-- the Road guys Always seem upset about a lot more of everything than the local guys do. Maybe because we get to go home . Maybe because we don't get as tired. Maybe it's just the nature of the Beast; especially when you go up and down talking to the "good buddies" all night.......maybe it's because your side overhires-- then makes guys sit. Who knows; maybe it's because you have that awesome responsiblility to spend all that much more $$$ you make than us locals????:hysterical: :biglaugh: Basically, we apparently are a much happier crew over on The Rock!:smilie_132:
A road driver mad about something? Imagine that!:biglaugh: I'm gonna take my COO and hope for the best.

I am a road driver in IND and I like it. I have worked on the dock when I was laid off, and all I can say is it is cold on the rock in the winter. I have worked for yellow now for about 7.5 yrs and it is the best driving job around. I know I have worked for a lot other companies so I know all about living in a truck.:party-smiley-017:

Hey now I am happy go lucky :hysterical: I don't agree with what is said all the time...and what I say are nothing but innocent comments,when your out driving for 10hrs with some pretty shallow, the world revolves around me types,who think of no one else but them...it can test your tolerance for sure! so you come here(truckingboards) and take your frustrations of the day out on here with a good debate :nutkick:

sounds good anyways!! Hey its ALL GOOD!:smilie_132:

I think disgusted would be a better word than mad when describing our road drivers. Many of us still remember when good Teamsters ran the road and we all stuck together and did what was right. But we all knew that when the old timers started retiring that the Company would slowly start to try things that would have been laughed at before. There are way too many now who will break Federal law in their driving just to make a few more dollars. Until one of them has a wreck after his 11th hour and somebody's lawyer gets the readout from the engine computer and sues Yellow and the driver for countless millions this practice will continue. It hasn't happened yet but the law of averages says that at some point it will. Many of us will chuckle and think that Yellow and the driver got what they deserved when it does. Greed and lying in log books has reduced the unity here and that's exactly what the Company was waiting for. Nobody can deny that this is happening and it's wrong no matter how some might try to justify it.

I think disgusted would be a better word than mad when describing our road drivers. Many of us still remember when good Teamsters ran the road and we all stuck together and did what was right. But we all knew that when the old timers started retiring that the Company would slowly start to try things that would have been laughed at before. There are way too many now who will break Federal law in their driving just to make a few more dollars. Until one of them has a wreck after his 11th hour and somebody's lawyer gets the readout from the engine computer and sues Yellow and the driver for countless millions this practice will continue. It hasn't happened yet but the law of averages says that at some point it will. Many of us will chuckle and think that Yellow and the driver got what they deserved when it does. Greed and lying in log books has reduced the unity here and that's exactly what the Company was waiting for. Nobody can deny that this is happening and it's wrong no matter how some might try to justify it.
That pretty much sums up the way I feel. The unity is lacking at CGB cause there's always some one willing to make those runs and not enough people standing up against it.