Yellow | COO In Columbus

Someones looking out for you in CGB. COL wasn't allowed to follow work there. 9-17 you get about an extra 100 loads a week. and no extra drivers, you should have plenty of work.

I think disgusted would be a better word than mad when describing our road drivers. Many of us still remember when good Teamsters ran the road and we all stuck together and did what was right.
Dude,don't get me wrong here at what I am about to say,I did not just get off the boat yesterday....so I know what is happening...when the HOS was 10hrs 15hr day...guys were running more hours then they are now...it was nothing for some of our so called OLD TIMER TEAMSTER to have a 19 hour day especially during the winter months...guys were using that top line like it was candy and it was happening more times than not!!!! They would arrive at the barn and on the board when their rest was up!! Now if that don't sound like a runaround!! They may have talked the talk...but was not walking the walk!!!! You know what I am talking about....

I am glad to know....when the 14hrs is up....I am done!!!!! finished!!!! Going to bed...aint turnin another mile...period!!!! no matter where I end up!!!!! come and get me...or I am going to the motel!!!!!

I would like to add to my last post,my dad was in this business after WW2 and thats how I view a TRUE OLD SCHOOL TEAMSTER!

Tex,
I'm not taking it the wrong way. I'll agree that there were guys who sometimes did what you've described even way back when....it's just that it was only a very few in STL who did it. And it wasn't the old IND guys I used to see all the time on I-44 and I-70. Ah, the good old days....when you could hardly get a seat at the table at Grandma's or Moe and Joes's....back when freight haulers all actually stopped for lunch.

Here's the thing Tex. STL has always had really good work rules compared to most terminals and 98% of everybody back then adhered to them. Sure, we had a few clowns and they were mostly shunned by all the other guys.....and for good reason. I always figured I was lucky to be from STL and to have been a part of a really tight group we had here before the retirements began in the early to middle 90's and the me attitude started to prevail. I know it'll never be the same and I can accept that. It just sucks.

I'm like you. I avoid like the plague any run which might go anywhere near 11 hours driving and I'm done at 14....well....at 13 1/2 I'll be somewhere with a vacant motel room and Yellow can make the choice on coming to get me or not.

10 People Recalled From Layoff Already in Col!

Rumor is that COL already had to recall 10 of the laid-off workers! Looks like management was a little too aggressive in laying off as many as they could! CVE/RFO is supposedly getting slammed with freight that previously went through COL. Only time will tell if this was a good move!:smilie_132:

I think the rumor is wrong,If that is the case why is it that from 77 on the board and higher have not been out in 3 days

If CVE hadn't laid off about 13% of their board, they'd have drivers!!! The layoff board then gets to sit at home while they complain they have lots of freight but no power!!! They always seem to get the laid off guys out 2 puches though, guess thats so they don't get their unemployment!!!

They called 7 t0 11 guys and gal back to work. I know 7 for sure.
They need more than that, we were supposed to only use doors 94 through 178 but trailers are all the way down in the 60 door range. The road has only used the top 70 drivers or so.

update

The company posted the bids today, there are 77 + 8 ten percenters.
We are using doors 51 through 178 on a regular basis and dock space from door 30 to 178. The road board has been cleared a couple of times but I don't think but about #70 and above are working regular. Are outboud service is about 95- 98%,
however inbound is about 83- 88%.
Frt is getting to us late in the morning causing several service failures. Management seems reluctant to change any methods that they came up with before the Change. It's pretty screwed up compared to the way the other EOL'S do their frt. We are using laid off city and road people fairly often. They told us they are going to start using 8-10 people on Sunday from the overtime sheet.
They think it's going to be at time and a half. The contrtact I got says double time if your a five day m thru f operation, that will be a good battle. Just thought I would let guys know how we're doing in La La Land.

They think it's going to be at time and a half. The contrtact I got says double time if your a five day m thru f operation, that will be a good battle. Just thought I would let guys know how we're doing in La La Land.[/QUOTE]

I was wrong it does say time and a half. They paid me double time once I guess they messed up.

Col

Hey Cujo,

Wazup,

You know who this is, I am just about Col' and our management here .

They can bite me big time LOL!!!!:nutkick: :chairshot:

Dipsht management we have here amazing. Abunch of jerks-off I have to say:toxic: :biglaugh: