Yellow | Coo Meetings

Did 710 do anything at the COO meetings or just sit there say nothing and go along with the program???

I believe they just clarified a few questions that were answered at the informational meetings & had no objections. This was pretty much the norm for about 75% of the locals down there. There's not much you can do when the company has the fire power & the locals have their backs against the wall.

I believe they just clarified a few questions that were answered at the informational meetings & had no objections. This was pretty much the norm for about 75% of the locals down there. There's not much you can do when the company has the fire power & the locals have their backs against the wall.

Thank's for the info did not expect much out of them but one can always hope.

What?

Are we talking about local 710 in Chicago? I know I was asleep but They used to be one of our vertabrea. I know my goose is cooked at local 407 in Cleveland now.

My notes show they had no objections to the COO....kk

Actually the economy is what has our backs to the wall, it has just turned out to be an "Ace in the Hole" for the company.

the union understands this company pays their employees greatly and we should work our hardest for this company, i've never made this much in my life and i'm glad i work for this company, if they lay me off so be it, i'll go with my own ace in the hole and if you applied to this job without having one shame on you cause you can't stick with one employer to survive your whole lifetime especially with the way things are now, be glad you get all the perks this company gives you cause most people out there work with less than what we have and that's why the competition is kicking our *** cause people are willing to work for less and it's a damn shame that people are living that poorly nowadays

the union understands this company pays their employees greatly and we should work our hardest for this company, i've never made this much in my life and i'm glad i work for this company, if they lay me off so be it, i'll go with my own ace in the hole and if you applied to this job without having one shame on you cause you can't stick with one employer to survive your whole lifetime especially with the way things are now, be glad you get all the perks this company gives you cause most people out there work with less than what we have and that's why the competition is kicking our *** cause people are willing to work for less and it's a damn shame that people are living that poorly nowadays

Hmmm, sounds like he voted Yes and took into consideration his brothers jobs as well as his own when voting.:biglaugh:

YES = APATHY

How did you vote, since you don't seem concerned you're brothers are losing their jobs?

What do your notes say about 407 KK?

407....CLV?
My notes show they had questions for the need for the moves as they have layoffs and /or are concerned about senority issues. They did a good job throwing questions and demanding answers on all 5 COOs that were heard.....KK

After three days what is going to happen ?

The Committee will go over ALL the transcripts, notes and evidence given to the Committee on record to show their case....they will meet to reduce everything to writing in a TITAN message that will be sent out to ALL locals involved withing 7 days of this past Tuesday.....As soon as it sdoes it will get posted for ALL to see......KK

KK

Would you happen to know when the phone bid is going to be posted and executed? I wish it was over tomorrow so I would Know one way or the other. Thanks for the information.

Would you happen to know when the phone bid is going to be posted and executed? I wish it was over tomorrow so I would Know one way or the other. Thanks for the information.

I was told down there, the phone bid will be 6/08/08 & implementation to take effect on 6/15/08, BUT AGAIN, these numbers will be dicided on by the committee. These numbers are what the company gave me when I was there.

I would wonder, if your arse was on the bubble if your confidence might be shaken? I too had a backup when I came here. Been here long enough the backup is gone and my Daddy is'nt rich so I had to relie on the Teamsters to do the right thing and protect me. They appear to have failed, time will tell. And just so you know I have worked my arse off to help make this company money. Looks like they just take that money to China and distribute it around the Board Table. Last note. I don't think the competition is the only thing around here kicking our collective arse. From my point of view it looks like a Chorus Line comprised of Yrc, Ibt, Gov, and 67% of the Driver/Eunichs I work with. Then again all this is just my uninformed opionion.

I would wonder, if your arse was on the bubble if your confidence might be shaken? I too had a backup when I came here. Been here long enough the backup is gone and my Daddy is'nt rich so I had to relie on the Teamsters to do the right thing and protect me. They appear to have failed, time will tell. And just so you know I have worked my arse off to help make this company money. Looks like they just take that money to China and distribute it around the Board Table. Last note. I don't think the competition is the only thing around here kicking our collective arse. From my point of view it looks like a Chorus Line comprised of Yrc, Ibt, Gov, and 67% of the Driver/Eunichs I work with. Then again all this is just my uninformed opionion.

Great post Wolf.

I'm on the bubble too, I work one week a month now. If I leave YRC and lose my vesting I lose. If I stay and don't work I lose.

If possible and I don't follow the work, I might be permanently lost.

If not given the oppurtunity to follow the work I might be permanently lost.

If given the oppurtunity to follow work and I lose my seniority in the process, I might stay lost.

Meanwhile, my wife is losing it and I am stuck listening to a bunch Brothers tell me how it isn't a big deal that they voted for me to lose my job. If they are so positive I can easily replace this one, TELL ME WHERE THE COMPARABLE JOB IS!!! Maybe the answer was written on the same wall you were looking at when you voted to give my job to USF GM. The wall I was looking at had the outcome clearly written on it, thats why I voted NO!!!

I only take solace in the fact that some who so willingly voted away my job, voted theirs away also!!! I guess those were the ones that looked at the wall but couldn't read the writing!!! :hysterical::smilie_132:

Great post Wolf.

I'm on the bubble too, I work one week a month now. If I leave YRC and lose my vesting I lose. If I stay and don't work I lose.

If possible and I don't follow the work, I might be permanently lost.

If not given the oppurtunity to follow the work I might be permanently lost.

If given the oppurtunity to follow work and I lose my seniority in the process, I might stay lost.

Meanwhile, my wife is losing it and I am stuck listening to a bunch Brothers tell me how it isn't a big deal that they voted for me to lose my job. If they are so positive I can easily replace this one, TELL ME WHERE THE COMPARABLE JOB IS!!! Maybe the answer was written on the same wall you were looking at when you voted to give my job to USF GM. The wall I was looking at had the outcome clearly written on it, thats why I voted NO!!!

I only take solace in the fact that some who so willingly voted away my job, voted theirs away also!!! I guess those were the ones that looked at the wall but couldn't read the writing!!! :hysterical::smilie_132:
Vwaggs feel your pain man. I'm down to aprox 1 year left and will probably make it. Will play the game for that long and hope I don't get sick, no H&W, Thanks Jr,Tyson,Eunichs. But forget me I'll be alright its the ones we really sold down the river just so I could get mine. The 67% said we had to to save the company and what more could we want. ect. I would love to put them all on a lie detector and learn if they would have voted for it if they really thought it would effect them. AWW WHAT THE HELL I've been over this to many times, I give up!!!

I'll say a prayer tonight for the ones that will be hurt by this. :wavey:

h

It's funny......the local put out some bogus canned message about them not having any info until the Titan comes down. Only to selective members as well. They just don't want to field the calls.....simply pathetic. I'm confident that the leadership in 776 did what they could, what they had to do and what needed to be done. I'm also sure that our "fearless leader" did what he was told and said what he was supposed to to get the job done. Whether it has any bearing on what happens to us, time will tell. The way it looks, there are about 73 people in our barn that have to make an extremely educated guess on what to do with the lives of they and their families. All the while the high and mighty sit behind their little desks and think about the next political stunt on the horizon.....

sorry that you had feelings like that for me brother, i do want to keep my job but when i saw this contract our BA should have came in our barn and told us why this contract was bad, isn't it their job to tell us that this utility employee thing can potentially be bad news for us and should have told us to vote NO, but it seems like our BA's don't care about our incentives only their own, now the BA's kept their mouth shut and hoffa got a new yacht that yrc bought them and now they are living high like a kite by selling out on hard working teamster jobs, most of us teamsters didn't really read the contract well enough to know that this utility employee thing is going to screw us so don't point the finger at the teamsters that are being ripped off their job because of a contract that has bad wording in it, it's funny how the company is having meetings now cause they can't even understand their own contract they make, it's funny how everybody is in fear of losing their jobs now like it's the last job on earth, believe me.....someone that makes more than you is selling us out faster than hotcakes and they think we'll drink their kool aid too