Yellow | Coo Meetings

.... most of us teamsters didn't really read the contract well enough to know that this utility employee thing is going to screw us so don't point the finger at the teamsters that are being ripped off their job because of a contract that has bad wording in it....

I'm not, them I'm laughing at. I'm just pointing the finger at the ones keeping theirs while I'm losing mine. I read, researched and evaluated what I voted on. That is the customary method in an intelligent society. Even though you can't take it back, at least I give you credit for admitting you didn't read it and screwed up. It takes a man to admit his error :1036316054:. Beating up on you won't bring back my or the other jobs now. That will take an act of God.
We are all pawns in his master plan.

All this stress is making me constipated. Can ya tell???

there's always a next contract that can take this new concept of the utility employee and put the wording better so we understand 100% of how this will affect our job, now they are kinda testing this out and trying to see how many happy faces they can make from this new rule

I'm lost, the changes I read show an overall increase of 9 jobs. OH I get it this is spin, copy.
I have a nice bridge I wanna sell too. Bet it will be the drivers fault when he does'nt take a transfer into a 2 day a week job with no H&W. And it will be the idiots fault that had 3 kids and a house that chose his family over uprooting them. Guess we all should have lived in trailer parks and stayed single right. I have several friend that got laid off just short of the cutoff that probably not get a chance either. There is absolutley nothing wrong with wanting a life outside of Yrc. A little compassion would"nt hurt man. With statments such as you just posted your coming across as a poumpas arse. If I read it wrong please forgive me and understand its a touchy subject for me. And I'll say for you "If I'm so miserable I should just quit".

there's always a next contract that can take this new concept of the utility employee and put the wording better so we understand 100% of how this will affect our job, now they are kinda testing this out and trying to see how many happy faces they can make from this new rule
Understand my ill will is for the ones that knew what we were in for and made a conscious decision that it will not effect me so therefore I'm going to vote for it. I myself can't understand someone just taking Hoffas word that this was a good deal, and voting for it, especially with his history but for me its shame on Jr not the uninformed. I should not lump everyone in the first catagory. But trust me on this and time will prove if I'm off base. You will never get back what we have given up. And this will be my opinion now, you will not see an improvement of Yrc in the marketplace due to UE's. And I really hope to be proved wrong.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". This is what it comes down for Hoffa and the Teamsters Give road and dock jobs up to create utilty jobs.
Which in the end makes the company profitible, which saves more jobs than they give up.
An unprofitble company with out dated work rules won't last long. When the NMF was writen $5.00 diesel and $1200 a month health and non union competion didn't exist.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

Where is that in our bylaws? Think you should have added how to get the most dues too. :chairshot: I will say this again cuz your new to the board. If we needed givebacks to save Yrc (make your own judgment) we should have spread it over the membership not asked just a pecentage to make the sacrifice. That is my idea of Brotherhood.:1036316054:

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". This is what it comes down for Hoffa and the Teamsters Give road and dock jobs up to create utilty jobs.
Which in the end makes the company profitible, which saves more jobs than they give up.
An unprofitble company with out dated work rules won't last long. When the NMF was writen $5.00 diesel and $1200 a month health and non union competion didn't exist.

I'm not going to go to far on this statement. I'm going to let it go with a simple explanation. If you've made it this far past the contract with your head in the sand, whether you join the the real world now, isn't gonna change my life at this point.

This isn't about not having UE's. This is about the great job giveaway. If we didn't give away a significant portion of the road freight to USF GM, we could have kept the road guys on the road. This would have allowed local guys to move into UE bids straight. End result, little or no job losses.

Instead 67% of our Brothers decided to vote Yes. End result, only 67% of us will probably be left by next summer.

However, if we all abandon our pensions, wages and seniority by running to USF GM, we can probably get our jobs there.

Wolf I have been around for long time.
What your proposing was proposed in the 80's. 15% wage cuts. The Teamsters chose too maintain wages and conditions
in the end we lost many good union jobs.
Your saying Yellow shold use the 100 guys to move the same amount of freight that CCX moves with 66 guys. Yellow would have to pay like $14 an hour to show the same profit as CCX.
Wags I think the idea was to protect pensions, wages and seniority by throwing 33% of the guys under the bus.

What your proposing was proposed in the 80's. 15% wage cuts. The Teamsters chose too maintain wages and conditions
Your saying Yellow shold use the 100 guys to move the same amount of freight that CCX moves with 66 guys. Yellow would have to pay like $14 an hour to show the same profit as CCX.
Wags I think the idea was to protect pensions, wages and seniority by throwing 33% of the guys under the bus.
I assume your talking about ESOP and it was felt the reason that failed so miserably was the corperations just pocketed the money instead of investing in the operations. I wasn't in the board room so can't say for sure. You throw some figure about how low we would have to go to compete with CCX and I won't/can't argue intelligently on that but I will ask how just 1 year ago we were posting record profits. Same thing year before that and also the previous year. All of a sudden we must eliminate 33% (your figure) of the work force just to compete? Something don't smell right. Do you think any savings now will be handled any different than they were in the 80's? I'll let you explain to WHO CARES why he is now insignificant cuz I don't want to. One last question, what is the cutoff for who we protect 10 yrs, 15yrs? Next contract maybe just those with 20 or 25? Hope someone can see light at the end of the tunnel, I can't.

Wolf. Your on the money about the esops
I worked for a regional that went down in 82.
I was the only guy at my terminal that didn't go along with the esop. Crazy thing years later it came out the top company guys were pocketing the money and there never was any hope of competeing in the deregulated market. I don't think this is the same I think Yellow wants to level the playing field with the non unions. That 33% is a guess you have utilty guy filling 4 job spots. boosted by 4 hour casuals. I feel for the guys that will get knocked out I was in the same position in 82 with a house full of little kids used to Daddy bringing home a good living.
It comes down to this do we all go down in flames together or do we try to stream line the company and hope that they build the business back up to where it was while protecting current wage and benefit scales.

Great post Wolf.

I'm on the bubble too, I work one week a month now. If I leave YRC and lose my vesting I lose. If I stay and don't work I lose.

If possible and I don't follow the work, I might be permanently lost.

If not given the oppurtunity to follow the work I might be permanently lost.

If given the oppurtunity to follow work and I lose my seniority in the process, I might stay lost.

Meanwhile, my wife is losing it and I am stuck listening to a bunch Brothers tell me how it isn't a big deal that they voted for me to lose my job. If they are so positive I can easily replace this one, TELL ME WHERE THE COMPARABLE JOB IS!!! Maybe the answer was written on the same wall you were looking at when you voted to give my job to USF GM. The wall I was looking at had the outcome clearly written on it, thats why I voted NO!!!

I only take solace in the fact that some who so willingly voted away my job, voted theirs away also!!! I guess those were the ones that looked at the wall but couldn't read the writing!!! :hysterical::smilie_132:

I am kinda lost in all of this but I know that the Army is lookin for a few good men, or was that the Marines?:nutkick:

The current contract allows the company to pull freight off the rail and run by truckload carrier, not eliminate road jobs, and the change lists adding 9 jobs not eliminating any jobs. I agree we are losing job classes we enjoyed before, and some will take a pay cut to my wages and have to do work I currently do, should I feel sorry for them being reduced to my level or be outraged I supported higher wages for those that had less duties than myself. Some must move to continue working for the nmfa companies, not nice but the transfers are being offered, if you want your job get qualified and do the job. Its not about yrc, its about the only teamster trucking companies left. If the only nmfa companies shut down, when unions return which unions will they be and what will they provide their members. After all nmfa companies are gone, no company will be organized nmfa because that will be a death sentence, why not sell off the assets and take the money. Under this contract jobs can be eliminated but hopefully with the employers able to compete they can gain freight to justify not eliminating workers and possibly (hopefully) hire more and add members.

Wolf. Your on the money about the esops
I worked for a regional that went down in 82.
I was the only guy at my terminal that didn't go along with the esop. Crazy thing years later it came out the top company guys were pocketing the money and there never was any hope of competeing in the deregulated market. I don't think this is the same I think Yellow wants to level the playing field with the non unions. That 33% is a guess you have utilty guy filling 4 job spots. boosted by 4 hour casuals. I feel for the guys that will get knocked out I was in the same position in 82 with a house full of little kids used to Daddy bringing home a good living.
It comes down to this do we all go down in flames together or do we try to stream line the company and hope that they build the business back up to where it was while protecting current wage and benefit scales.

I suppose the choice is much easier if you are not the one with your nuts in the flames. But I do appreciate a fellow brother having my back, that is certainly why men and women died for. Thanks joe351 Brother Scheamster...

The current contract allows the company to pull freight off the rail and run by truckload carrier, not eliminate road jobs, and the change lists adding 9 jobs not eliminating any jobs. I agree we are losing job classes we enjoyed before, and some will take a pay cut to my wages and have to do work I currently do, should I feel sorry for them being reduced to my level or be outraged I supported higher wages for those that had less duties than myself. Some must move to continue working for the nmfa companies, not nice but the transfers are being offered, if you want your job get qualified and do the job. Its not about yrc, its about the only teamster trucking companies left. If the only nmfa companies shut down, when unions return which unions will they be and what will they provide their members. After all nmfa companies are gone, no company will be organized nmfa because that will be a death sentence, why not sell off the assets and take the money. Under this contract jobs can be eliminated but hopefully with the employers able to compete they can gain freight to justify not eliminating workers and possibly (hopefully) hire more and add members.

First- Did you expect that the company
would pay road drivers to take the freight from the east coast and relay it to Chicago, so USF GM could pick it up there?

Second- Does the rail mile interpretation (something I was ranting about during contract time) equate actual miles to rail miles? Even if the company sticks to rail mile percentage are they calculating that on real miles run or rail miles run. Ex A 2000 mile rail replacement actually originates on the East Coast 700 or 800 miles farther. Meaning the 2800 mile trip, eliminating 2-3 linehaul runs, may only be being counted as a 2000 rail trip by the company.

Third- These positions can be run so the the percentage is used during the busiest 3 or 4 months of the year, eliminating the lower seniority road drivers that do them. This is not a UE issue.

If you had actually read the NMFA, supplements and Tyson's Notes, before voting on it, you would know these things were going to happen and road drivers were going to be seriously screwed.

Fourth- The contract also allows them to pickup freight from terminals where no drivers are available. If an east coast satellite can pack a trailer for Denver or Dallas, the contract only requires that the east coast satellite not have drivers available. The hub over the satellite, can have 100 drivers on layoff and not have any claim to the freight, even though it was our regular work prior to the new contract. Interpretation can vary, however it is either subject to NO LIMITATION or 10% of ROAD MILES.

All this adds up to alot of seriously screwed road drivers. These screwed road drivers aren't getting the option to move for their work. 67% of our brothers voted to outsource all this work. This is not UE work.

Vwaggs, I expect the road to run the freight to kc, not chicago, because that is easy miles for our current linehaul system. Your correct they don't need to line up with the railroad, but the percent is lined up to not eliminate our roaddrivers. Had it been worded differently I would have been against it, those workers should be defended.
My point is we do have it worse than we did but the new contract hasn't eliminated any jobs yet and hasn't eliminated the road list yet. We need to stop screaming that the sky is falling when the changes being proposed are intended to support our jobs into the future, and by our I mean those entering the workforce also.

we're just feeling the effects of how screwed up our government is in how they treat their taxpaying citizens, 90% of americans are broke so odds are you're probably one of the 90% reading this, and if you think about it 90% of companies are broke too, so companies fear being broke and move overseas (cause the government wants this for some messed up reason, maybe because the business got taxed by the government so much they had to leave, maybe they lobbied with the government that whatever they make overseas they'll give them a share of their profits, the real answer is in some crooked politicians mind, but how can they sell a product to us if 90% of us are broke, i don't get it

Vwaggs, I expect the road to run the freight to kc, not chicago, because that is easy miles for our current linehaul system. Your correct they don't need to line up with the railroad, but the percent is lined up to not eliminate our roaddrivers. Had it been worded differently I would have been against it, those workers should be defended.
My point is we do have it worse than we did but the new contract hasn't eliminated any jobs yet and hasn't eliminated the road list yet. We need to stop screaming that the sky is falling when the changes being proposed are intended to support our jobs into the future, and by our I mean those entering the workforce also.

:duh::duh: You obviously don't have a clue to the way rail freight runs or the new provisions in the contract. I suggest you read the shiny wheel provisions, freight updates and Tyson Notes on the Road. Then come back and talk. I also suggest you look around the Boards for posting by NEW USF GM drivers that are on layoff from Roadway and Yellow, then consult with any roaddrivers you know from CGB, CVE or LCP . Then come back and we can have an intelligent conversation on the subject.

OK, I give up! Where did you get that stat? I have never, ever heard that one before. You must provide information as to where that came from. Or else I have to say that this is just anti-union bull-crap put out by the brain-washing anti-union machine. :chairshot
I will back up what I say in just letting you read a book for your reading pleasure on union/non-union stats.
It is called "Unions and Economic Competiveness" by Lawrence Mishel and Paula B.Voos. It is the book that non-union companies do not want you to read. Why you ask? Because it is TRUTH. :smilie_132: They do not like that.:funky::funky: