Yellow | COO regrets??

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
Just wondering if anyone had any regrets about moving or not moving during the last 2 COO's? Or for that matter...........we'll incude the "old timers" :hide: any COO's in the past?

Thought it would make for some interesting responses. DS.

Even though we were a gainer (:biglaugh: only 3 came for 17 positions), I will not move my family for Rdwy. This company needs to prove to me that it is stable for me to move. So far, 4 years in, they have failed at that.

This company needs to prove to me that it is stable for me to move. So far, 4 years in, they have failed at that.

So, a fortune 500 company that has been at or near the top of the industry for 75+ years isn't stable. Wow, I can't even imagine the unrealistic expectations you must have, lol.

So, a fortune 500 company that has been at or near the top of the industry for 75+ years isn't stable. Wow, I can't even imagine the unrealistic expectations you must have, lol.

You are right about the stats. Here is my take:

Rdwy has had COO 1 or 2 times a year. Terminals that lose, usually call back the drivers that took lay off within 1 year.

Terminals that gain, have been "losers" in the next change.

Stable to me is no drastic (uprooting your family to chase the freight) COO's for at least 3 years.

Add to that the market out here for CDL drivers is still hopping (a drivers market,even though it may be mostly non-union) I stand by my post:1036316054:

Have never moved yet on a COO since I was hired in 1995 and the only way I would is if it someplace we would want to move to for the family!!! like some have seen alot of COO's and yet been proven to that they needed to be done to stay in business. The last one we just went thru in March 2007 has yet to work like they said it would around our barn & a few others I've talked to say the same about their barn

Interesting Posts! Since the "Company" just informed us we're losing 182 Jobs!

I'm a "Yellow" driver out of Columbus, Ohio. Yesterday morning the "Company" laid a Major COO on us. It is gutting the Columbus, Ohio Terminal! -92 road drivers, -65 Local Cartage/Hostling Workers, And -25 Shop Mechanics! Thats the total COO!

And 3 token Road losses at St Lois, MO!
They're trying to force us to Chicago, Cleveland, Buffalo or Indy! Also a few other locations.
For more check the Yellow Forum!

I'm speeking with 33+.I have been throught many changes.and 98%of them were not needed.in the last 15 yrs to do what they wanted all they had to do was put people on start times with set points.and they would not have to move people.all they are doing is breaking the union by moveing people divide the masses and they keep control.:soapbox:

hey.im over at yellow...Ive been watching.Ive seen rdwy coo.I havent seen anything remarkable during those periods....Richard in Dallas.

by the way.If youre in my area.I do talk on the radio...mostly topside of 19...whippersnapper...say howdy sometime...dallas....

About the change.Lets wait and see...nothing is going to go down without a meeting with the union.Things may just go on and youll forget about the massive coo.To PofJT

I wouldnt move across the street for this company They have shown time and time again that a losing terminal this change will be a gaining terminal next change

I guess what I was looking for when I asked the question was............if you didn't move on a COO, do you now wish you did OR If you did move on a change do you wish you "stuck it out" at your original terminal. DS.

hi dock. im pretty sure you know who i am by now , i came to w/s 2 years ago and attend monthly meeting with you :smilie_132: well i moved from my grown kids and was not and am still not happy with it but at 53 years old with 18 years in whats a guy suppose to do?I was thinking this was a great place to retire.all in all im happy i made the move or would of lost last 2 years of work just not happy believing them when the told me w/s would always be on the up side because of the location:toxic:.hope i can make the right decision this time or will it be a:nutkick:

hi dock. im pretty sure you know who i am by now , i came to w/s 2 years ago and attend monthly meeting with you :smilie_132: well i moved from my grown kids and was not and am still not happy with it but at 53 years old with 18 years in whats a guy suppose to do?I was thinking this was a great place to retire.all in all im happy i made the move or would of lost last 2 years of work just not happy believing them when the told me w/s would always be on the up side because of the location:toxic:.hope i can make the right decision this time or will it be a:nutkick:
Hey longblade......thanks, this is the type of reply I was looking for when I first posted this. Moving your family away from your hometown can't be easy. The current COO has a lot of people looking at their options.

With the I 73/74 interstate rolling right past Winston I would think most of the jobs would be safe. YRC must have another plan, but aren't telling anyone.

I guess the biggest thing is I've watched our seniority list go from 280+ on the dock in 2000 to 130 now with the current COO taking 26 more.

I'm not into the doom and gloom but I've been wondering when we're gonna hit bottom with this economy and how many more jobs are gonna be lost because of it. DS.

I've seen alot of teamsters move to follow the freight, now the locations their at are losing. Once again their lives are at the hands of YRCW who have no mercy on life. Was it worth the move, well I could ask the guys who went to 671 and their wives divorce them. Or the guys who went to 242 who got laid off, or the 20 yr man who went to kentucky and now is laid-off. Worth it, not in my eyes.

they want to weed us full time guys out and replace us with 4 hour casuals like ups does.....you know ups will rarely hire full time, so they (yrc upper mgmt) want to scare the competition on how badly and controlling yrc treats us employees (transferring to 231 and transferring from 231 in 2 years time, if that ain't rationalizing a union employee, i don't know what is)....they also want us to be fed up with this job and quit so they won't have to pay the full pension out, cut health care expenses, and give you hardship when your new location is MORE expensive than your old location, i'm heading to 123 and I know it's way more expensive to live there than 120 and 231, so yrc, take your best shot now in doing the right thing for us current teamsters, cause we can't be fooled with all the games you play cause we all know what you want us to do and we ain't gonna do it cause we all got to survive and get paid what we are truly worth...i'm just gonna rent dumps till i get a ton of money cause i'm not getting stuck with a house and looking at a coo sheet at the same time, i'll never sell a house cause this company has to compete cause many markets in this country are falling apart, including the housing market

i am also going to 123 if i stay at 120 i will be right on the line this time and knowing yrc instead of loosing 12 drivers worth of work it will be more like 24. my only + is i can commute without to much trouble, i think 120 is going to be nothing more than a city term. maybe a dark one at that !!:hysterical:

About the change.Lets wait and see...nothing is going to go down without a meeting with the union.Things may just go on and youll forget about the massive coo.To PofJT

Yeah right like it will do any good for us for the union and company to even have a meeting....they will just come back and tell us to just live with it or the company will go under in 3 yrs just like they did with the contract....and people will tuck their tail and run just like they did with the contract and not open their mouths. All the lies to get the contract done so they could get this COO. I love how they told our guys in Meridian that utility drivers were going to be for NEW freight only, they will not be touching any freight other than that, well looks like they will be handling old freight to me. Just look at the graphs that came with the COO and you can see that. :annoyed: whew! I feel better now.