Yellow | COO regrets??

Well DOCK, there is alot of regrets here about taking change in '06 from toledo to meridian. And like longblade, the decision to come to meridian was because everyone said meridian was the place to be, nothing but growth here. BS. Now 2 yrs later we are looking to have to move AGAIN. We actually have looked at having left toledo as being lucky because at the time of that COO my husband was on layoff and would never have been called back. He was laid off the 1st fall we were in meridian, but it just missed him this last time. We have 6 people on layoff here (inactive). And with current wording of COO means they want 9 other than the 6 laid off to leave. SO HERE WE ARE AGAIN. Sitting on the edge of our seat until June 1st to see what our future holds now.....and the really sucky part is...the union guys are telling us (off the record of course) that Meridian is suppose to gain in the next phase of this Velocity Network COO's. Abolutely stupid.

I love how they told our guys in Meridian that utility drivers were going to be for NEW freight only, they will not be touching any freight other than that, well looks like they will be handling old freight to me. Just look at the graphs that came with the COO and you can see that. :annoyed: whew! I feel better now.

Look at it from their perspective and CRY!!! Freight travels in our system and is there a max of a few weeks. When they start using these UE positions, all the freight will be NEW freight. Don't you remember the verbal "Read my lips, no new taxes", which ended up being "Read my lips no KNEW taxes". Any freight entering the system after 4/1 will be gone by 4/14 any NEW freight is NEW freight!!!

Don't blame me, I yelled and ranted for a month about how weak the contract was.
Then I voted NO!!!

Toledo

Just wondering if anyone had any regrets about moving or not moving during the last 2 COO's? Or for that matter...........we'll incude the "old timers" :hide: any COO's in the past?

Thought it would make for some interesting responses. DS.

Toledo here, now in Cincy, 10 more from Toledo can leave from the dock, luckly. Not thinking drivers right now, I moved on the first move on my own, at the phone bid they closed the doors when it got to me! Cincy had to take me in before they hired anyone. I'm put at the bottom of the seniority list, but I keep my vacation and everything else. Laid off now 15 yrs. seniority & don't want to move & don't know even if I can. Toledo has 21 yr. guys have to leave now or not have a job!/

move with the change?

dock steward and everyone else, I have previously posted my comments on this, but will do again.......I came to winston-salem in last years change from Stroudsburg 120...... it was either move or be layed off.... well a year later, just when you think you're safe, you're not......I have 18 1/2 years in on the dock, and have NO INTENTION of moving again.... now it's like, whatever happens, happens. It truly sucks to have to pick up your family, say good bye to your friends, sell your house, buy a house and turn you life literally upside down one year, to be possibly layed off the next. I, like everyone else, hate what this company has done to us. They have no regard whatsoever for those of us who are their bread and butter......remember, "it's only business" yeah right....God help us all.... we're gonna need it....it looks like tough times ahead:red_bandana:g-man

Hey G Man I understand what you are saying. I know you guys had to make a tough decision. I'm glad you guys did it for your family.

I'm in the same boat as you but don't see a real oppertunity for us to move. Like you said, "God help us all.... we're gonna need it....it looks like tough times ahead" DS.

spare change

G-man, I find myself in the same predicament. Moved in a change less than a year ago, now caught up in another, thankful I didnt buy a home. I am becoming more convinced that not only "they have no regard whatsoever for those of us..." but do these changes to screw with their employees. My whole rant about this in yellow > layoff at atlanta thread.
Anyway I wish you the best brother, hope you land on your feet.

'

Look at it from their perspective and CRY!!! Freight travels in our system and is there a max of a few weeks. When they start using these UE positions, all the freight will be NEW freight. Don't you remember the verbal "Read my lips, no new taxes", which ended up being "Read my lips no KNEW taxes". Any freight entering the system after 4/1 will be gone by 4/14 any NEW freight is NEW freight!!!

Don't blame me, I yelled and ranted for a month about how weak the contract was.
Then I voted NO!!!

Absolutely correct, Niether YRC or the International have a clue on how to implement these utility drivers, they both just rammed this contract down our throat just to get it done and over with and figured they would make up the rest as they go. I hope all these locals across the country are ready for a avalanche of grevinces :hide: