FedEx Freight | cost of living raise unfair

I'm not sure I agree with the formula they used for this. Yes I live in an area where housing is about half of what Dallas is, However gas is $.21 more a gallon and electricity is about 25% higher, my property taxes , by percentage, are the same and food costs more in CDS than Dallas. So in general it costs less to move to CDS but more to live here than it does in Dallas yet they got a raise 100% higher than ours.

I'm glad to get a raise but it's a misnomer to call it a COLA raise. Call it a HALF COLA raise. Of course the city guys deserve a big raise because they work the hardest.
I need help though, trying to figure out what to do with my $17.00 a week raise. Should I invest in gold or real estate.
It would'nt be a misnomer to call your raise a DIET COLA!!!!sorry could'nt resist!

Why are we lucky to get a raise ???? That's ridiculous.
FIRST off, we did NOT get a raise, but rather a cost of living increase that does not even cover the cost of living increases over the past year. Plus we all know what comes after our cost of living increase - increased contribution to health insurance.
Let the people who put us in this mess suffer and return their huge salaries and bonuses. Or for you that feel "lucky" to have a job or "lucky" to get a cost of living increase just give it back to the Corperation if you don't think you have not earned it and are just "lucky" to get one. I'm sure they can waste it elsewhere in the system, since as of late they seem to do a very good job at that.

Lucky my azz, I've busted my tail for years on end and earned more then what I got for a cost of living increase this and the previous 2 years.. I'm not the one responsible for mis-management and the economy had nothing to do with that either. Some of you guys are awefully gulible..

Why are we lucky to get a raise ???? That's ridiculous.
FIRST off, we did NOT get a raise, but rather a cost of living increase that does not even cover the cost of living increases over the past year. Plus we all know what comes after our cost of living increase - increased contribution to health insurance.
Let the people who put us in this mess suffer and return their huge salaries and bonuses. Or for you that feel "lucky" to have a job or "lucky" to get a cost of living increase just give it back to the Corperation if you don't think you have not earned it and are just "lucky" to get one. I'm sure they can waste it elsewhere in the system, since as of late they seem to do a very good job at that. I agree and disagree with you.

Lucky my azz, I've busted my tail for years on end and earned more then what I got for a cost of living increase this and the previous 2 years.. I'm not the one responsible for mis-management and the economy had nothing to do with that either. Some of you guys are awefully gulible..
I agree and disagree with you. First we have already been told our health Ins premiums will go up, so there goes the "cola". I do believe that the economy does play a roll in this instance. With consumer confidence at an all time low , the Misery index at an all time high, the rate of inflation at 5% and rising and unemployment at 9.1%(17% under employed) and gas up 120%, no one is buying large ticket items unless they NEED too. But I agree that FedEx did not GIVE me a raise, I EARNED a raise. Remember FedEx doesn"t GIVE us anything. We EARN it. We don't owe FedEx a damn thing. When I got hired on,at my first interview, I asked the SC at the Kent Wa terminal " Tell me, why should I LET you hire me". So a "raise" of 1.37% is kind of an insult.

You do owe Fedex something, you owe them a fair days work for a fair days pay.

Giving a fair days labor....For a fair days pay is fine..... I like to do that....and give it all the time....

These greedy mutts are getting ridiculous...... they want 2 days labor for 1 days pay....

You guys should be glad to get a raise, mine is by contract, I worked for AF/FedEx for 7 years, I was always grateful for my increase, even if healthcare offset it.

You all have top wage in the industry for what you do, I've done it so I know, my average at Sysco is $32 an hr, you can have that too, if ur fast enough, you will work 20 times harder..our shuttle guys are strictly by the hr and they get cut one day per week, do any of you half dollar road guys on a bid get cut like that on the regular? My bad isn't it 55 or 57 cents per mile? Thats insane, you guys need to stop bitching and be glad to be where your at, because if some of you come to Sysco and I have to train you...I would be willing to bet you would be calling it quits in a week, if not the next day, I love my job but it ain't for everyone, you guys have it good in freight, I would kill to go back to line with a decent bid, I'm turning 44 in July, how many of you hot rods think you could keep up with me and younger guys, Sysco don't give a ::shit:: how old you are, if you don't produce your gone, does that happen at Fedex? No, if you don''t produce they let you keep on keepin on.

Please fellows be thankful, I would love to be in your place.

grocerythrower said:
You guys should be glad to get a raise, mine is by contract, I worked for AF/FedEx for 7 years, I was always grateful for my increase, even if healthcare offset it.

You all have top wage in the industry for what you do, I've done it so I know, my average at Sysco is $32 an hr, you can have that too, if ur fast enough, you will work 20 times harder..our shuttle guys are strictly by the hr and they get cut one day per week, do any of you half dollar road guys on a bid get cut like that on the regular? My bad isn't it 55 or 57 cents per mile? Thats insane, you guys need to stop bitching and be glad to be where your at, because if some of you come to Sysco and I have to train you...I would be willing to bet you would be calling it quits in a week, if not the next day, I love my job but it ain't for everyone, you guys have it good in freight, I would kill to go back to line with a decent bid, I'm turning 44 in July, how many of you hot rods think you could keep up with me and younger guys, Sysco don't give a ::shit:: how old you are, if you don't produce your gone, does that happen at Fedex? No, if you don''t produce they let you keep on keepin on.

I agree 110%, Freight keeps up with the competition in wages and benefits,and its nearly impossible to get fired.

I don't envy you one bit grocerythrower. I worked at Sygma for 5yrs and I know the work you have to do. You definitely earn you money delivering food. I started in '01 making .34/mi and left in '07 making .35/m(and we were Teamsters)!

Good post grocerythrower. I spent 23 years in the Teamsters at 3 major LTL carriers and 7 terminals. Sometimes we ate steak, and sometimes we ate beans and weiners. I love beans and weiners, BTW. I baby sat the phone 24/7 to make a good living. I had to live in a truck for a year driving OTR after that ended just to keep my house. I look at my Fedex check now thinking, "Damn, thats nice." I'm not a company man at all, I just come in and do my thing and go home.

Again, we did not get a raise, it was a small cost of living increase that does not even cover the increased cost of living. They have taken, not given. Please show me where we have received a raise in the previous 3 years? The cost of living increases the previous 3 years have not kept up with the ACTUAL C.O.L.

Raise ?? Where ?? When ??

Again, we did not get a raise, it was a small cost of living increase that does not even cover the increased cost of living. They have taken, not given. Please show me where we have received a raise in the previous 3 years? The cost of living increases the previous 3 years have not kept up with the ACTUAL C.O.L.

Raise ?? Where ?? When ??

So What else is New? That has been how business is conducted at Fedex Freight. We have going backwards since "99". isn't that about the time they saw the Light and sold the Company (AF). In 2001 enough blood had been drawn from AF to let it go.

Yes even when AF just turned 2-3% profits we STILL received a raise WITH our cost of living increase.

Obviously, FedEx has managed to redefine the dictionary to the masses to have so many think we have gained anything.

Are you tossing #10s on your handtruck and flying down the ramp or pushing your pallet jack onto the lift gate?
When I worked for Sysco, they didn't even know what a lift gate was. And I'm 13 years older than you. Could you keep up with me at 57?
Oh, and lets not forget those 100# bags of flour for the pizza shops and bakeries.