Yellow | Could the union just buy YRCW?

NO....the only way we could do it would be to go from 2.5 hours a month in dues to 20 hours a month in dues to raise the money....but MANY in the "right to work (for less) states would bail out in a heartbeat....it is too big of deal to even try to pull off.....KK

sounds real stupid
cant believe you attacked longblade in his post about health ins. these ideas are real stupid . face it we hit the iceburg and are starting to take on water.

Insurance is pricey. The only way I can see to save is to charge surcharges to smokers and overweight people. A HMO like Kaiser would save too, but noone would go for either one. My mother's Blue Cross plan thru work is $1300 a month. This is a large employer with 40,000 employees. Central states is only $900 or so.

mr yrcrdkcm, what banana boat did u come in on. i admire mr dave ramsey but i dnt believe he said anything stupid like 30,000 a month for yellow retirees. have a nice day

Hey, I just had a great thought!!!
We can put the TB ECI team in place. The Dictator, larryretired, back from the brink of death, though not fully functional, can take over as CEO. He can use up some of that built up drive he can't exercise in other ways since he "retired". We can put X475, Wolf and a few others in as VPs. Once we all get our executive positions in place, we'll bring in annieo to actually run everything and make us look good. I'll just take a board position along w/corpoffice to watch the fun.

When I made the comment that if our pension plan was invested differently i wasn't riding a bananna boat ...$30k a month isnt unreasonable. My point was if our plan was invested in line with the Dave Ramsey total money makeover plan, using the nation avg car payment example in his book. Investing roughly $250 a month in good growth stock mutual funds for a working lifetime, at the current return on investment before the economic down turn would yield a estimated 5 million. Why is it YRC pays in around $1000 a month for 30 years, and we get squat! That's $360,000 paid in over 30 years. We arent reaping any compounded interst from the plan. Most of us will die within 3 years after retirement, anyway.

Hey, I just had a great thought!!!
We can put the TB ECI team in place. The Dictator, larryretired, back from the brink of death, though not fully functional, can take over as CEO. He can use up some of that built up drive he can't exercise in other ways since he "retired". We can put X475, Wolf and a few others in as VPs. Once we all get our executive positions in place, we'll bring in annieo to actually run everything and make us look good. I'll just take a board position along w/corpoffice to watch the fun.

Sorry, I have a prior engagement. (follow me here) I've been appointed the Barn Supervisor and Manager of Refreshments, Entertainment, Beer and Soda. That's BS and MORE BS. Check back next week though!

I could lend you guys my wife to "Run things"; but none of us would like it. She'd Clean House-- fire everybody! (including me)-- start over.....

Talk about an Evil Dictator......whoa!