crazy car prices

I sold my 2019 Challenger
KDc3oQl.jpg

I went on kbb.com
They appraised it at 26,498 and I had no intention to sell because Carvana was scheduled for Saturday pickup for 26,813

Then my phone starts blowing up , lady said she wanted it, I told her 27 was as low as I will go, she said ok and said she would call me back.

30 mins later she calls me back and said if it's just like you say we will give you 28k for it. (I only asked 27k for it 30 mins earlier) so I get in the car and drive it there 15 mins away.. 45 mins later I walk out with the check. Why in the F did they give me 1000 more than I asked for the car? O well
CbZMa3L.jpg
y
She probably got excited after calling around and found someone who would pay her 34k for the car.

So it's like selling a house. My dad recently sold his house in 1 day. Asked $350k, got $400k.
Where I now live, Rio Rancho, NM., the cost of renting an apartment has gotten so high that three or four single people are renting a house together. Some of the streets around where I live are just packed with little hotrod millennial cars. Loud exhaust with one fender smashed up.

Last edited:
Where I now live, Rio Rancho, NM., the cost of renting an apartment has gotten so high that three or four single people are renting a house together. Some of the streets around where I live are just packed with little hotrod millennial cars. Loud exhaust with one fender smashed up.
Probably no mirrors on them either?

Property is selling above appraised value in this area. Often prospective buyers start a bidding war on property. I don't know how long it will last. I have considered selling some property while prices are so high. I have a friend who sold a farm about a year ago at auction. That same property would bring 25%-30% more in today's market. He was offered more than he got before the auction plus he gave up mineral rights when it sold. He kicked himself for not taking the offer & now he is doing the same for not waiting a while longer to sell.
Tell him to retain the mineral rights on any property he sells. That’s what my wife and I did on the last property’s we sold, kept the mineral rights.

Tell him to retain the mineral rights on any property he sells. That’s what my wife and I did on the last property’s we sold, kept the mineral rights.
This area has a natural gas play, (Fayetteville Shale), that peaked a few years ago. At one time mineral rights did not seem valuable but property owners who owned the rights prospered when the wells started producing. Natural gas prices at the wellhead are only a fraction of what they were a few years ago. I was fortunate to own the rights. After the exploration started here natural gas reserves were found in other states which drove down prices here.
Several land owners lived high for a while till prices went from $14 MCF to $2. Some quit their jobs & bought expensive new vehicles. The bankruptcy courts were busy. I called it the 'Jed Clampett Syndrome'. Those with a few hundred acres did well. Those with small tracts of land did okay but were not millionaires.

This area has a natural gas play, (Fayetteville Shale), that peaked a few years ago. At one time mineral rights did not seem valuable but property owners who owned the rights prospered when the wells started producing. Natural gas prices at the wellhead are only a fraction of what they were a few years ago. I was fortunate to own the rights. After the exploration started here natural gas reserves were found in other states which drove down prices here.
Several land owners lived high for a while till prices went from $14 MCF to $2. Some quit their jobs & bought expensive new vehicles. The bankruptcy courts were busy. I called it the 'Jed Clampett Syndrome'. Those with a few hundred acres did well. Those with small tracts of land did okay but were not millionaires.
A friend sold mineral rights to Martin Marieta for a huge tract of land adjoining
MOTSU, Military Operational Terminal at Sunny Point.
Uncle Sam shot down their plan for a rock quarry.
Said there will be no mining or quarry next to our amo terminal.
The land is still vacant.