cruise control

my company bought some new cascadia's and the cruise doesn't work with wipers on , the problem is with an aggravating slow mist on intermediate you can't use cruise, every time you hit the switch the cruise goes off , pain in the butt

Could it be , that they do not want you using the cruise in the rain ? We have had several safety meetings & our safety council is VERY SPECIFIC about NOT using the cruise in rain or snow !

yes i'm sure it is , and i understand that ..but it's the wiper running every 1/2 mile even when rd is not wet that gets aggrevating

Sounds like somebody's idea who has little or no confidence in his drivers. Back when I ran snow country I would use cruise control in the snow to get just the right amount of pull to maintain my speed rather than me giving it too much fuel on a hill and breaking loose. I also used the engine brake on the lower settings in the snow to avoid getting on the brakes more than necessary. You just have to use your head to realize this technology can be helpful in adverse conditions, but some of these safety guys don't give us that much credit.

I just noticed this thread after the latest reply. I don't think I was registered here when the question was originally asked, but I never heard such a rumor at the time.

For what it's worth...

Still no major changes in operations. Still have cruise control. Still going 65mph. Same old song and dance. Anybody who may have quit has long since been replaced. The miles for me are about the same as ever.

As with everything else in this line of work, the reality is a lot less intriguing than the gossip.