XPO | CSA

Expect to get inspected. Score is 91 out of 100.
100 being put out of service.

Let's see if there are any meaningful changes that take place.
Well maybe some good will come from it if that is what happens. I have put a half a dozen pops out of service in the last month that I’ve come through our barn That were not current in the annual inspection sticker. Like I said for a while maintenance has taken a backseat along with a lot of other things.
Like I have been saying for years now this business model is not sustainable.

What really needs to happen is for DOT to roll into our yards and start fining the company for all the trailer sitting in the yard with out placards. I say place us O/S. Some of us have tried to speak up but it just falls on deaf ears. You tell then the stoves hot now it's time to let them burn their hand.

Well maybe some good will come from it if that is what happens. I have put a half a dozen pops out of service in the last month that I’ve come through our barn That were not current in the annual inspection sticker. Like I said for a while maintenance has taken a backseat along with a lot of other things.
Like I have been saying for years now this business model is not sustainable.
You do know that those stickers expire one year from the date punched.
Yes there is a problem with the maintenance, but there is a bigger problem with the drivers themselves...Lack of knowledge, to lazy to do a pre-trip are also a big part of it. Sometimes it takes paying big fines for some to learn

I fix, replace, or simply put placards on hazmat daily. No one cares if these loads are like this. All that say is “did you fix it?” And never look to see why it went the last 500 miles like that. Don’t even start on the maintenance part of it all.
I can't tell you how many e-mail I sent the safety dept about hazmat issue. So many that I don't even get a reply. Hell I even have a file on my computer called Hazmat fu*ck ups
The part that it went 500 miles without placards on it on tell me that the driver did not do a pre-trip inspection. Yes the person loading it didn't do it, but if the driver pulled his head out of his azz it could have been caught at it's origin. If I get a trailer that any barn including a FAC that doesn't have placard I put it O/S. I did not loaded it. It is my job to make sure the correct placards are on it, NOT to placard it. If you require me to placard it then I want to see the LOI for the employee that loaded it and for the supervisor that closed the trailer. If not then it's O/S until it is fixed. I tired of these lazy fu#ks not doing there job and having to fix it for them with no recourse.

You do know that those stickers expire one year from the date punched.
Yes there is a problem with the maintenance, but there is a bigger problem with the drivers themselves...Lack of knowledge, to lazy to do a pre-trip are also a big part of it. Sometimes it takes paying big fines for some to learn
I know how the stickers work . It’s not the drivers fault that inspections falls behind . It’s the lack of a functioning system that gets those trailers in and inspected . I’ve been here many years and never seen a breakdown of an organization such as this .

I know how the stickers work . It’s not the drivers fault that inspections falls behind . It’s the lack of a functioning system that gets those trailers in and inspected . I’ve been here many years and never seen a breakdown of an organization such as this .
I not trying to say you don't know how the stickers work. I was just point it out to the others that don't. We don't teach driver to look at those stickers. They are on every truck, trailer and dolly. If fact XPO makes it very easy on top of it. The stickers are color coded if you see a green one it's a 2020 sticker, a orange one is 2021. So a quick glance at it will tell you if you have to take a closer look at the month. Though I must say you must have missed all those rental trailers they are running out of XMI to your place. LH drivers at my place have put over 10 of then O/S.

It’s the lack of a functioning system that gets those trailers in and inspected
If drivers do there job then they system would work. Yes the shop should know, but we as professional drivers are the last defense. Well maybe I should say steering wheel holders because as the years go on the word Professional and truck driver don't belong together any more. We are a dying bread

If drivers do there job then they system would work. Yes the shop should know, but we as professional drivers are the last defense. Well maybe I should say steering wheel holders because as the years go on the word Professional and truck driver don't belong together any more. We are a dying bread
Never had the problem much before Xpo . Sure we found the occasional but nothing like now .

Never had the problem much before Xpo . Sure we found the occasional but nothing like now .
Until there's a profit and loss number attached to this issue the management won't make the connection. ( Out of service equipment means less equipment. Less equipment takes away from the capability of your organization by limiting what can be done as far as storage , and pick-ups and deliveries ) there's definitely money being lost because of poor maintenance

For someone higher up to acknowledge that there's a problem would be to admit being wrong , that won't happen with the current "leadership".

If drivers do there job then they system would work.
Your putting the entire responsibility on drivers as the reason their not getting “scheduled” maintenance done . Drivers can be the failsafe but they are not the reason vehicles are not being inspected. A well functioning company should have well maintained equipment at the ready near 100 % of the time so drivers can do their job and service the customers without fail.

Until there's a profit and loss number attached to this issue the management won't make the connection. ( Out of service equipment means less equipment. Less equipment takes away from the capability of your organization by limiting what can be done as far as storage , and pick-ups and deliveries ) there's definitely money being lost because of poor maintenance

For someone higher up to acknowledge that there's a problem would be to admit being wrong , that won't happen with the current "leadership".
The king is surrounded by yes men .

To be clear when I speak of maintenance problems I am not referring to our mechanics and their ability to do their job when allowed to

As long a the sole focus is on the share price and what drives it higher with no regard for anything else these problems will be common place

Last edited:
Your putting the entire responsibility on drivers as the reason their not getting “scheduled” maintenance done .
no I didn't say that. Read the whole post
"Yes the shop should know, but we as professional drivers are the last defense."
So were did I put this all on the driver. Does the shop know your truck has a flat, don't start, or any other problem....No you must inform them. They do not have ESP. Yes annual inspection they should know about but it our job to check.....