XPO | CSA

Saw a email printed off in the breakroom, the higher ups must be really concerned about it since they've communicated to us about it so well:lmao:

Every driver better cover their behind and make sure you're doing a proper pretrip!!!

Always my favorite, catching a breaker that went cross country with a bill or two of hazmat that was never entered in the system.
We see it quite often. Ya think with all that technology spend (Lol) they catch it. ... bullchit.

Your putting the entire responsibility on drivers as the reason their not getting “scheduled” maintenance done . Drivers can be the failsafe but they are not the reason vehicles are not being inspected. A well functioning company should have well maintained equipment at the ready near 100 % of the time so drivers can do their job and service the customers without fail.
You know the more I look into why the CSA has flagged us has nothing to do with maintenance and everything to do with the drivers...If you look at the top reason for violations in the area of hazmat its all on the driver. Do a pretrip and checking your paperwork are very simple to do. The shop has nothing to do why we are flagged

I can't tell you how many e-mail I sent the safety dept about hazmat issue. So many that I don't even get a reply. Hell I even have a file on my computer called Hazmat fu*ck ups
The part that it went 500 miles without placards on it on tell me that the driver did not do a pre-trip inspection. Yes the person loading it didn't do it, but if the driver pulled his head out of his azz it could have been caught at it's origin. If I get a trailer that any barn including a FAC that doesn't have placard I put it O/S. I did not loaded it. It is my job to make sure the correct placards are on it, NOT to placard it. If you require me to placard it then I want to see the LOI for the employee that loaded it and for the supervisor that closed the trailer. If not then it's O/S until it is fixed. I tired of these lazy fu#ks not doing there job and having to fix it for them with no recourse.
I only have 20 min. to hook. If I go over, oh boy do I hear about it. So, no pre trip

They gotta pay me for it. I don’t work for free.
You won't have to worry about working if you're in prison for not preventing a accident that wouldn't have happened with a pretrip.
I'm sure family members of someone killed in a accident from no pretrip would understand!!

I bet you think you're a professional driver also!

Last edited:
I get paid for mine if I go over 20 min, which is rare. Plenty of pay options on that pay sheet.
Actually I was shown a printout of XPO policy (that is not available in the driver accessible policies area of the portal) that Pretrip time is actually built into our mileage pay. We are told that pretrips are not to be done on Kronos or any time schedule in the hand held. Again…your pretrip time is built into your mileage pay. Don’t kill the messenger…. Check with your safety director and have him/her show the policy.

Actually I was shown a printout of XPO policy (that is not available in the driver accessible policies area of the portal) that Pretrip time is actually built into our mileage pay. We are told that pretrips are not to be done on Kronos or any time schedule in the hand held. Again…your pretrip time is built into your mileage pay. Don’t kill the messenger…. Check with your safety director and have him/her show the policy.
How do you handle the time pretripping on your logs?

Log on Miscellaneous before hook time, pre-trip tractor (do trailers on hook time, or fuel time if your like me doing double fueling every day), ?????, profit.

Last edited:
Paperwork is also to be done off the clock.