XPO | CSA

Well, that’s just not ever going to happen. I get paid for every minute I work. If you people choose to work off the clock, that’s your choice. I choose not to
I was responding to Darwin’s statement that pretrip/postrip are done on our time, not company time. City drivers are a different story.

Sorry…meant to post that it’s not “our time”…, you’re being paid…. Via your mileage pay…

Believe me I think it’s janky too but I was shown the print out… I do not have it maybe I can try to find it again …give me a few days but literally he (FOM) clearly said that pre-trips and post trips are built into our mileage pay and you’re just supposed to do it and you’re being paid for it …via mileage pay. City workers…? I don’t work the city …that’s a question that they would have to answer… city workers seem to get paid for everything that they do because they clock in yet linehaul were tied to the handheld and its pay schedules

Sorry…meant to post that it’s not “our time”…, you’re being paid…. Via your mileage pay…

Believe me I think it’s janky too but I was shown the print out… I do not have it maybe I can try to find it again …give me a few days but literally he (FOM) clearly said that pre-trips and post trips are built into our mileage pay and you’re just supposed to do it and you’re being paid for it …via mileage pay. City workers…? I don’t work the city …that’s a question that they would have to answer… city workers seem to get paid for everything that they do because they clock in yet linehaul were tied to the handheld and its pay schedules
The FOM can show and say what he wants in the end I'm getting paid for it some how or someway. Do you really think it takes me 35mins to fuel oh then there's the 10 mins to clean the windows. Then the 15mins to change a supposed leaking gland hand seal. I can go on. Trust me I get paid for a pre-trip and post trip inspection. You just have to learn to spread it out over different job codes.

We have guys that come in 2-3 hrs before their trip and sit there unpaid.
Same. Not me. I go ask what’s up for my l/h run as soon as I go on duty and start my pay sheet. I’ll do anything you want. Work the dock, sweep, clean my tractor. It’s all on misc. time on my pay sheet. I won’t steal time. No sitting in the office on a pay code. But i won’t sit unpaid until you or linehaul gets it’s act together either. Like most others on l/h, I want to get paid for my time at work.

Same. Not me. I go ask what’s up for my l/h run as soon as I go on duty and start my pay sheet. I’ll do anything you want. Work the dock, sweep, clean my tractor. It’s all on misc. time on my pay sheet. I won’t steal time. No sitting in the office on a pay code. But i won’t sit unpaid until you or linehaul gets it’s act together either. Like most others on l/h, I want to get paid for my time at work.
These guys are sitting unpaid . Because this company can’t give them a dispatch time . Example : Your trailers will be ready to go at 8 pm . Driver shows up a little time b4 their ready to go . Nope , they sit there till the loads are ready. Unpaid ! Do yo think that’s right ? This company has everything in their favor . Drivers allow it.

Last edited:
Inspection sticker, smack dab on front of trl. The hostler is the first person who can catch an empty trailer with an expired sticker, run it by the shop, verify it is really past due. If it’s due, now red tag it, before it gets loaded. So many times, I find my trailers with expired sticker, so first thing I do, I have shop check, to see what’s up, and after researching find the proof that the inspection was done, just missing new sticker. If inspection is truly passed due, trailer needs to be red tagged, loaded or not. Don’t be intimidated into leaving the yard with a trailer needing it’s inspection, period!

You the driver are responsible for proper placarding, and paper work, once the paper work is In your hands! Don’t rely on the handhelds to be correct, as far as placards needed. Double check! I run line, it’s amazing how many times I get trailers that have come from as far as 600 miles, we’re ran with two different drivers, and neither noticed it had the wrong or no placards, shocking!

Inspection sticker, smack dab on front of trl. The hostler is the first person who can catch an empty trailer with an expired sticker, run it by the shop, verify it is really past due. If it’s due, now red tag it, before it gets loaded. So many times, I find my trailers with expired sticker, so first thing I do, I have shop check, to see what’s up, and after researching find the proof that the inspection was done, just missing new sticker. If inspection is truly passed due, trailer needs to be red tagged, loaded or not. Don’t be intimidated into leaving the yard with a trailer needing it’s inspection, period!
If trailer is inspected it most likely gets a new sticker 100% of the time.. The trailer comes up on the computer screen as being pass due. That’s where the buck stops ! It should be put out out of service and not loaded. Many heads turn the other way and move it down the road .

You the driver are responsible for proper placarding, and paper work, once the paper work is In your hands! Don’t rely on the handhelds to be correct, as far as placards needed. Double check! I run line, it’s amazing how many times I get trailers that have come from as far as 600 miles, we’re ran with two different drivers, and neither noticed it had the wrong or no placards, shocking!
Or the flips are on and the other placards that would slide or stick on were never done so the guy tried a little

Actually I was shown a printout of XPO policy (that is not available in the driver accessible policies area of the portal) that Pretrip time is actually built into our mileage pay. We are told that pretrips are not to be done on Kronos or any time schedule in the hand held. Again…your pretrip time is built into your mileage pay. Don’t kill the messenger…. Check with your safety director and have him/her show the policy.

This is the way it has always been. True story. At least here at the old Con-way.

I sit at home until the LH lineup come out and I get notified were I going. Now with it not coming out until almost 1930hrs If I'm the number 1 to go, I miss the dispatch time almost every time. You want me there to be on time for the first time then you pay wait time when I not the first one out.