Yellow | CSPF application rejected

He took an over 50% pay cut in 2015 though to a little over $5.2 million in total comp - salary plus stock. That puts him in line with Conway and OD CEO's.

http://insiders.morningstar.com/trading/executive-compensation.action?t=YRCW

http://insiders.morningstar.com/trading/executive-compensation.action?t=ODFL

Disclaimer - This is strictly an informational post and it in no way represents the personal opinions one way or the other of the poster. This is being explicitly stated for the benefit of those who can't figure that out for themselves.
OD & XPO are not a billion in debt, your boss is a real team player....If yrc can afford to pay him that much then they can contribute a little more toward the pension....

OD & XPO are not a billion in debt, your boss is a real team player....If yrc can afford to pay him that much then they can contribute a little more toward the pension....

I'm with you pal. If you know someone with CEO skills and experience that will take over that position for less money I'm all for it. Let us and the BOD know as soon as you find that person. :1036316054:

I realize it looks bad, but I wonder just how much our people think a CEO should be compensated? Yes, many are way overpaid, but you have to also have someone with some smarts on key decisions, and in today's corporate world, you are not going to get anyone for just 6 figures.

I realize it looks bad, but I wonder just how much our people think a CEO should be compensated? Yes, many are way overpaid, but you have to also have someone with some smarts on key decisions, and in today's corporate world, you are not going to get anyone for just 6 figures.
A ceo whose company continues to show losses should be compensated 0 figures.

A ceo whose company continues to show losses should be compensated 0 figures.
Well. Look where we were when Welch took over, and where we are now. No,it is not great, but still one hell of a lot better than Zollars did for yrc. Remember it took Zollars close to 10 years to make this mess, and will probably take at least that long to get some form of consistent profitability.

Bonuses are in the form of both shares and cash. And even in the form of shares, they have to be paid for somehow. If they have worth to those receiving them, they had worth to who gave them. Your argument is invalid

Do some research.

"Company perspective"

"If you pay a cash bonus or give a fringe benefit, it’s a cash drain to the company. Issuing stock as compensation is not. You merely issue shares to the employee equal to the bonus, reward, or compensation you intend."

https://www.sba.gov/blogs/rewarding-employees-company-stock

Do some research.

"Company perspective"

"If you pay a cash bonus or give a fringe benefit, it’s a cash drain to the company. Issuing stock as compensation is not. You merely issue shares to the employee equal to the bonus, reward, or compensation you intend."

https://www.sba.gov/blogs/rewarding-employees-company-stock
Shares have to cost someone something. They have worth otherwise they wouldn't be given as a bonus.

By your logic shouldn't that apply to all employees if the company is losing money? Just wondering.
If all employees are doing their job then no. The ceo's job is to make money for the shareholders. That isnt happening. The buck stops somewhere and that is the leader (ceo)

Well. Look where we were when Welch took over, and where we are now. No,it is not great, but still one hell of a lot better than Zollars did for yrc. Remember it took Zollars close to 10 years to make this mess, and will probably take at least that long to get some form of consistent profitability.
Debt hasnt been reduced, company still losing money, equipment is unsafe rolling garbage, morale in the toilet, service is terrible, cant recruit new drivers, yeah he is doing a great job.

With the exception of federal government pension funds, which can be kept afloat because they can print money, all other pension funds are Ponzi schemes. All funds, both current and future deposits are needed to pay for today's retirees.[/QI just love when the no union guys out there 2 cents in about the woes of some our pension plans and are adament that they would never join a union or become organized, But they have no answer to solve the problem.We have a serious issue in America ,not with just us but all pension funds .States towns cities and our federal government.The well has run dry.As a teamster we fight to the last man, It ain't over till we say it's over

Shares have to cost someone something. They have worth otherwise they wouldn't be given as a bonus.

Something has worth only when someone else offers compensation for it. Like I said, do some research about company stock held by a company itself.

Something has worth only when someone else offers compensation for it. Like I said, do some research about company stock held by a company itself.
Well you just solved the national debt problem! Just issue shares of USA stock! Wont cost the country anything because they have no worth when being given. Are you on Obama's treasury cabinet?

If all employees are doing their job then no. The ceo's job is to make money for the shareholders. That isnt happening. The buck stops somewhere and that is the leader (ceo)

If a doctor performs surgery on a sick patient and the patient still dies, does the doctor not get paid? Does the hospital not get paid? Do NFL players not get paid when they don't have a winning season? Do people get paid for only the result or for the effort?

Well you just solved the national debt problem! Just issue shares of USA stock! Wont cost the country anything because they have no worth when being given. Are you on Obama's treasury cabinet?

There is no such thing as USA stock because stock is ownership. Bonds are debt (borrowing) obligations. You need to learn the difference before making statements like that.

If a doctor performs surgery on a sick patient and the patient still dies, does the doctor not get paid? Does the hospital not get paid? Do NFL players not get paid when they don't have a winning season? Do people get paid for only the result or for the effort?
They get cut from the team, fired, medical license pulled. They dont get offered a bonus for trying.

Debt hasnt been reduced, company still losing money, equipment is unsafe rolling garbage, morale in the toilet, service is terrible, cant recruit new drivers, yeah he is doing a great job.
Never said he was doing a great job. Just that you cannot fix a company this size in a week.Try to find a ceo that will take no pay if company goes in the red..

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but facts and the financial community think differently.

I have things to do today. Not going to waste any more of my morning with 2 people who think this pos company walks on water.