Holland | CSPF Proposal Cuts

So since I'm still working, there will still be some restrictions on what I can or cannot do. In order to protect the members of course. thank god cspf is more enlightened than the other conferences.

So since I'm still working, there will still be some restrictions on what I can or cannot do. In order to protect the members of course. thank god cspf is more enlightened than the other conferences.
Is ABF hiring on west coast? I'm young enough (30yr) to move start over and at least have a fighting chance at a better pension plan. I really hate that guys who paved the way for me to be here has to endure this type of pain after years of hard work and sacrifices.

Does ABF have any advantage over YRC or Holland? It would appear they are screwing all of the companies equally?

I got my letter today. My cut is 37.5 % and I will be 76 Yrs. 3 Mos. on 7-1-16. I retired in 96 @ 55 w/27 Yrs. service with CS and 5 years w/710 in Chicago which is not affected so far.

I believe ABF is paying full rate per contract into the fund, but as I understood the letter only 75% of yearly payment will be applied to your monthly retirement check for contributions after july 1 2016, about a $133 a month multiplier. Here at holland and YRC we are stuck at 1.75 per hour x 40 hours or $70 a week x 52 weeks= $3640.00 a year x .75% = $27.30 per month yearly multiplier untill 03/31/2019.
Do not think I would move cross country for any freight company because the rules change at the drop of a hat!

Is ABF hiring on west coast? I'm young enough (30yr) to move start over and at least have a fighting chance at a better pension plan. I really hate that guys who paved the way for me to be here has to endure this type of pain after years of hard work and sacrifices.

Jump on the ABF website and see... Depends on how many terminals had to layoff guys... On the west coast you wouldn't be in the Central States fund anymore, right? You'd be in whatever it is known as on the west coast??

Does ABF have any advantage over YRC or Holland? It would appear they are screwing all of the companies equally?

At least with ABF, there is a full pension contribution and a lesser giveback on the pay cut, which they have been paying back. This pension mess is just that... A freakin mess...

Oh, isn't that so nice of them to lift the restrictions. That way everyone can go and be a greeter at Walmart since they are too old to get another good job.

What a :censored: joke.
Well said and that was my point down on the YRC site no one want's us but that very kind of them after their going to take $12,000 year from my family now.

Well said and that was my point down on the YRC site no one want's us but that very kind of them after their going to take $12,000 year from my family now.
you should be dancing the jig, my yearly cut is $ 15,481.92. 52% of my pension. I hope this makes you feel better brother. I feel for you, I really do.

I get so many letters in the mail that are updating us on our pension screwing, that the mailman thinks that I own the only Unionized lawn mowing company in the country. (since he only sees me on my mower)
lol

you should be dancing the jig, my yearly cut is $ 15,481.92. 52% of my pension. I hope this makes you feel better brother. I feel for you, I really do.
ESP the $12.000 was just nice around number i just didn't feel like rounding it down to the last penny. Just **** me of more.

Reactions: ESP
ESP the $12.000 was just nice around number i just didn't feel like rounding it down to the last penny. Just **** me of more.
I know, we have to have some laughs, or we will go off the deep end. I feel your pain we are brother Orphans. All of us have something saved up other than our pension or at least I hope. A cut like this can be absorbed only so much then you start spending your savings to make up the difference and then you go backwards with no safety net at the cliff. Some can find easy jobs and the others will not be able to work for what ever reason. There will be no real hope for them. With SS and 1000 dollar pension, you will make to much for help and not enough to live life, untouched by this pension failure. We are not alone, 10 million others to follow in our footsteps. Good Luck to you my friend.

Your also young enough to do something different and not rely in a pension you have no control over.