Yellow | Current Freight Levels.........

Chicago Roadway said:
we started loading around 211 and loading more freight direct to 135 again...
also the 814 and the west coast has gotten sloww here it was blown to the hilt ever day now its just moderate... no one door is creamed anymore
120 has been loading alot of the 800 codes to Toledo that used to go to 309, for the past month.

Toxic said:
DS ...I seen your buddies car there this mornign when I got off work.. he must have been drafted... Wayne L. :Banane01: I seen it at 6am and he gets off at 430am unless drafted dont he??
Yea probably so. There is still some drafting going on. We have OT shifts set up for the next 5 days, so the freight must be comming!! DS.

wyomingkid said:
hey d.s are they still hiring road drivers. and if so how many. just wondering so to keep my options open.
There is not a cross over up. (to the road from the city) If there were hiring on the road now they would have to hang a cross over up. But in the last several cross overs they have not filled the number of drivers that they have needed. And took applications from the street. They still did not get the drivers they wanted. The closer we get to Christmas the need will drop.

In the nut shell (my opinion here) they are not hiring road drivers but in the last year they have tried to hire and never got the number they wanted to get.

Toxic said:
There is not a cross over up. (to the road from the city) If there were hiring on the road now they would have to hang a cross over up. But in the last several cross overs they have not filled the number of drivers that they have needed. And took applications from the street. They still did not get the drivers they wanted. The closer we get to Christmas the need will drop.

In the nut shell (my opinion here) they are not hiring road drivers but in the last year they have tried to hire and never got the number they wanted to get.
Hey toxic.......I think they are still taking apps from the street. I spoke to 2 guys that were starting this comming week. Seems there is no intrest from the city to cross over. DS.

With the rumors of road deivers going to charlotte in feb. Who would go to the road now?.... I bet if they take them to charlotte some dock workers and swithcers would go also. You know follow the freight??

429 is slammed! We keep telling the TM we need a casual but nooooooo........ I've been getting 15-20hrs OT for many mos. I don't remember freight being this strong last year, and it doesn't appear to be letting up. That's good I guess. But I sure could use a nice week of 4-10's. 10-4!

Freight still pretty heavy in Nashville.When I left this morning o/b had about 1.2 million still to work and i/b had about 800,000.Setting up 6th and 7th punches.Looks like it will be a long weekend.

Toxic said:
With the rumors of road deivers going to charlotte in feb. Who would go to the road now?.... I bet if they take them to charlotte some dock workers and swithcers would go also. You know follow the freight??
Yea that rumor started last month and has continued to grow and grow. RDWY labor rep said it wasn't true........but we all know about him!!:Banane01: DS.

rumors? Impossible! That had to come from a driver, and as we all know, we know everything that is fact. roger?

A little slow around 671 today. Drafted a couple of shifts and asked off early on a couple?!? From what I saw, there was plenty of freight. DS.

freight slowed last thurs on I/B wise TM says we're running like a normal barn now that freight is hitting the street as it comes in that same day.

O/B is holding steady but in this region seems everyone is getting slow. Saw an Estes guy said they're sending them home on their 8's.
Also told me that Home Depot was going to use Roadway as the primary instead of Estes per say his TM. Anyone heard of this scuttlebutt??? We have 2 doors to trap their freight and Estes has a nice big terminal with 12 doors dedicated for each store (must be nice)
We're rebid on the city side for sundays and 4/10 to take the six punches away. Can't get a casual to work on sundays.:confused: