Yellow | Daily bill count-system wide

cessnakat

TB Lurker
Credits
It would be great if we could have a sticky showing daily bill count nationwide as reported by any employees still working (that is if the company still keeps the employees in the loop and tells them this information) since this the best indication of when us teamsters on layoff might return.This information was updated daily on an information board and also in meetings at my terminal, maybe now it is top secret.....

It would be great if we could have a sticky showing daily bill count nationwide as reported by any employees still working (that is if the company still keeps the employees in the loop and tells them this information) since this the best indication of when us teamsters on layoff might return.This information was updated daily on an information board and also in meetings at my terminal, maybe now it is top secret.....
If the bill count numbers were good, Billy Blowhard would be issuing PR's. The silence says it all.

2/23/09 was 53,275. The bill counts normally go up the last week of the month as companies play games in setting shipments out to make the numbers look good.

Back in the days before the economy tanked and Yellow purchased Roadway the bill counts for Roadway alone were in the 85,000 and a lot higher on some days.

WOW, so we're still down over 10,000 bills from this time last year???

Not exactly - we are down 10,000 bills from what Roadway picked up this time a year ago. The 53,275 is what roadway picked up, not includeing Yellow shipments picked up the same day a year ago. So it is safe to say as a combined company we are down roughly 60% year over year.

I was told the bill count for each company a year ago was 55,000 plus. so combined we had 110,000 bills a day. The decisions that management has made have cost us more than 1 companies worth of business. Most of the freight we see now was Roadway freight. Very little of it was freight that only yellow moved. Now I know it's a touchy subject but they made a conscious decision to lose some freight when they went to the Roadway Computer system. It would have been better to run them side by side until customers could be educated on the Roadway web site.

I was told the bill count for each company a year ago was 55,000 plus. so combined we had 110,000 bills a day. The decisions that management has made have cost us more than 1 companies worth of business. Most of the freight we see now was Roadway freight. Very little of it was freight that only yellow moved. Now I know it's a touchy subject but they made a conscious decision to lose some freight when they went to the Roadway Computer system. It would have been better to run them side by side until customers could be educated on the Roadway web site.

So what you are saying is that the recession is only hurting us by less than 10%?? (Start at 100%, take at least 50% away due to how you say management brought us down, take X% away...all to reach a 60%-ish decrease in shipments)

There are other very large costs to running two systems side by side. I wish you guys (and gals) could see some of the behind-the-scenes stuff. In this economy, that's all I'll say.

KC-DC
I am sure there are thousands of YRC employees and ex- employees who would like to see all of the behind - the -scenes stuff that you are talking about!!! Then again I'm sure the corporate type people that we have all come to know and despise wouldn't like us to find out about certain things.

KK, where are you getting this information from? i'd love to see this thread continued for a while. it really will say a lot about whether this company is improving or not.

Can you guys still see the bill count since they gave all the data entry to India? Way to go Zollars, I hear they're still screwing that up on a daily basis! This company sucks

do free astray count ?
seems like @653 we have as many f/a as bills .
also working local loads most time no bills at all . so i can see where company says bill # down . without loss of more freight .