XPO | Damaged Freight

We get some ugly breakers coming in from the south. They need to stop hiring people who dont care and hire someone that knows what the hell they are doing. At our terminal if u do a good job they hate u and if u do a suck job they love u. Im confused. Also if u speak spanish ur a shoe in. Our human resource only hires non speakin drivers. Funny maybe thats because he is spanish and wants all his friends to have the job. Oh well cant change that can u? Its like a clic they have at our terminal.

Is it me or does it seem like there is alot less damaged freight? I don't to see as many bad breakers as I used to...

There are still some but I have to agree that it seems better than it used to. I think W99 is correct about the part-timers being gone. Another improvement is I don't seem to get as many "leaner's" as I used to. This could also be because drivers are now loading the freight. I remember backing under a kite and saw it was leaning real bad to the right. After checking for a broken spring I figured I better pop the door open and what do you know - two 8,000 lb totes on one side of a 10,000 lb trailer. What do you know - no placards either and it was loaded by one of our part-timers.

We get some ugly breakers coming in from the south. They need to stop hiring people who dont care and hire someone that knows what the hell they are doing. At our terminal if u do a good job they hate u and if u do a suck job they love u. Im confused. Also if u speak spanish ur a shoe in. Our human resource only hires non speakin drivers. Funny maybe thats because he is spanish and wants all his friends to have the job. Oh well cant change that can u? Its like a clic they have at our terminal.

lol, you dont know the half of it, im from california....

The part time guys are gone ...

They are not all gone, They have several partimers working the XCW fac, Everytime I have to do a breaker from Shrevport I shudder wondering what I might find, Last night for example I had a 1200 lbs skid loaded on top of a 200 lbs plastic auto tote. you can imagine I am sure the out come. overall things have gotten better. take care Drive Safe.

They are not all gone, They have several partimers working the XCW fac, Everytime I have to do a breaker from Shrevport I shudder wondering what I might find, Last night for example I had a 1200 lbs skid loaded on top of a 200 lbs plastic auto tote. you can imagine I am sure the out come. overall things have gotten better. take care Drive Safe.
XCW cannot get rid of their part-timers and greeters. Where else will they ever find their future FOS's.

:hide: We have a s*** a** on our inbound dock. We also have a " I don't give a s*** guy on the inbound dock. Between the two of them, more freight gets damaged than should ever happen.
Example: Today, I had the lift gate trailer. Their was only two actual lift gate deliveries. Guess what? Both were in the nose, turned sideways, 966# on one skid, and 1006# on the other.
The pallet jack did no good!
My real B**** is that the skid of food was shoved into the nose of the trailer, with one carton in front of the skid.........guess what kind of shape that carton was in?
If we care about our company, then why does this stuff continue to happen with 20 plus year employees? :smilie_132:

:hide: We have a s*** a** on our inbound dock. We also have a " I don't give a s*** guy on the inbound dock. Between the two of them, more freight gets damaged than should ever happen.
Example: Today, I had the lift gate trailer. Their was only two actual lift gate deliveries. Guess what? Both were in the nose, turned sideways, 966# on one skid, and 1006# on the other.
The pallet jack did no good!
My real B**** is that the skid of food was shoved into the nose of the trailer, with one carton in front of the skid.........guess what kind of shape that carton was in?
If we care about our company, then why does this stuff continue to happen with 20 plus year employees? :smilie_132:

Not saying that they should not be held accountable, but if I were to guess what one contributing factor was, it would start with poor morale.

Not saying that they should not be held accountable, but if I were to guess what one contributing factor was, it would start with poor morale.

Poor morale is one thing....

being a horses *** is altogether different.

Why screw your fellow worker just because your pissed at the company?

Why screw the customer just becasue you are mad at Con-Way?

I have had this kind of crap happen to me at my old barn and my gutless SCM whitewashed it and covered the entire matter so XGO would not think there were any problems at his SIC...and there were a ::shit:: load of problems...believe me!

These people are too stupid to have a job!!!...here or anywhere else!!

If I was the SCM and found this to be true...those responsible would be out of a job!!!...forthwith...no questions asked!!!

The morale issue is questionable...the a$$hole issue is undoubtedly true!!!

Morons...there everywhere!

Rat :ranting2:

Poor morale is one thing....

being a horses *** is althogether different.

Why screw your fellow worker just because your pissed at the company?

Why screw the customer just becasue you are mad at Con-Way?

I have had this kind of crap happen to me at my old barn and my gutless SCM whitewashed it and covered the entire matter so XGO would not think there were any problems at his SIC...and there were a :shit:load of problems...believe me!

These people are too stupid to have a job!!!...here or anywhere else!!

If I was the SCM and found this to be true...those responsible would be out of a job!!!...forthwith...no questions asked!!!

The morale issue is questionable...the a$$hole issue is undoubtedly true!!!

Morons...there everywhere!

Rat :ranting2:

Where ever you stand on terminating someone for a claim does not change the fact that we have very poor morale. The results of which can decimate production, and increase all of the bad things in an organization including claims. If worker unit #568923 approaches the job with a negative attitude then worker unit #568923's performance suffers. Period.

But it's OK because one isolated worker unit with poor morale is virtually undetectable. Now multiply that 1 by a realistic number of your choosing.

Good or bad morale reaches in and affects every little facet of Conway.

Fix morale and claims will be fixed - guaranteed.

Where ever you stand on terminating someone for a claim does not change the fact that we have very poor morale. The results of which can decimate production, and increase all of the bad things in an organization including claims. If worker unit #568923 approaches the job with a negative attitude then worker unit #568923's performance suffers. Period.

But it's OK because one isolated worker unit with poor morale is virtually undetectable. Now multiply that 1 by a realistic number of your choosing.

No...this has nothing to do with terminating someone for a claim (which I am against)...

This has to do with terminating someone for being an a$$hole...

Fixing morale is not going to fix claims...if someone is purposely damaging freight because they are pissed at Con-Way then they need to be fired...plain and simple!!!!

The old and tired argument of not giving a ::shit:: because you are pissed is ridiculous...Mad at Con-Way???...Yeah me too!!!

But would I take it out on one of my fellow workers???....hell no!!!...take it out on the customer...not!!!

Has morale suffered???...Uhh!!...Yeah!!!

But is that a reason to take it out in some hidden chicken ::shit:: way against your compadres...

These people are the kind of 'gutless' wonders that don't have the 'sack' to confront issues head on...they just pull some underhanded crap at the cost of others and get away with it...

God...I hate these kind of idiots!!!

Rat :Flame-On:

We are, indeed, in a different area of the country...

We are, indeed, in a different area of the country...

Human nature is different in the west?

Keep in mind I am not defending anybody, nor am I making an argument for damaging freight. Just explaining that when people are angry, frustrated, or mistrusting, they tend to not perform as well as they would when they feel good about not only what is asked of them but also who does the asking.

This is NOT about what is right or wrong! That would be about morality - not morals. We could write volumes about morality here at Conway.

I thought the instilling of morale was a simple and fundamental component of effective leadership, but I guess not.