XPO | Demention Capturing ???? Is this really going to work ?????

if you believe this is for linehaul projections only, I have some beach front property in montana to sell for cheap. There goes your run if you're not on the top half of the lineboard. Have my hand on the rip cord, ready to bail as they work the kinks out.

Yep!...upfront and honest.

The Con-Way mantra.

Do the dimension process out of the customer view...bang 'em later...

Amazing this company still has any customers.

Although the sky may not be falling...Chicken **** still stinks!!!!

Integrity...what a concept!!!

Too bad this company has never understood it.

Rat
Jakein off again,huh Rat....You like to do that,don't you?.....SAY IT!!!!!......SAY IT!!!!!!

A company can use the dimensions to change the freight charges based on these density of a shipment because certain commodities are classed based on density.

Hate to bust your bubble son but...
Yellow had this program before they some how got their hands on Roadway. And in true fashion it was rolled out about 2 weeks before the tape measures showed up.
QUOTE=Con-F-Trucker;1025710]YRC Worldwide Careers | Truck-Driving Jobs, Trucking Jobs

Here you go they don't have this Program this might better suit your needs !!!!
[/QUOTE]

Well I stand Corrected but can you tell me why they opted not to use it today as i have been around a good many yellow drivers never seen one with a tape measuring freight !!!

Just like ALL of the other programs they fade away just about as fast as they arrive.
Oh the tapes that were given out looked as if they did not sell well at company store. Got a good deal on them !!!

The success of this company continues to grow with the integrity of it's drivers. Customers don't have a problem with dim-cap. They understand the need for accurate and honest information. A machine shop must produce parts within specific tolerances to avoid waste and profit losses. Dim-cap helps us operate within tolerance, i.e. eliminate inaccurate cube projections that effect our line-haul operation.

Interesting that the rodent family can not produce it's own food source and must seek out the discard of others to survive. You're right, chicken **** still stinks, but at least you can't smell it on our breath.

And the dish ran away with the spoon...

"They understand the need for accurate and honest information"...

Umm...no...they don't!!!

What they understand is their need to have the freight delivered on time and exception free.

That is the only thing the shipper and consignee care about.

Once you start measuring product at the shipper's dock they get nervous....

"What is this all about???"....

Irrespective of the intent, it is the perception that sets the alarm....

People don't like seeing something out of the norm...makes them leery.

Makes for bad business.

Internal issues are better left internal.

Rat

Why dont we just teach drivers how to cube freight per shipment, it is really simple factoring weight or space/volume.not once as a driver have we at my terminal have we had meetings on that and conway has a lot of teaching/meetings.

Why dont we just teach drivers how to cube freight per shipment, it is really simple factoring weight or space/volume.not once as a driver have we at my terminal have we had meetings on that and conway has a lot of teaching/meetings.

They have gotten everybody so trained at NOT using common sense, that would be impossible to do. 10 years ago, we could've gotten it done.

We rolled ours out this week and its pretty simple as u said most pallets are 48 by 40 and u only have to worry about ht....pretty simple put info after pulling out of dock into handheld....

most customers when they first see us measuring they are wary as they should be but as I explain to them they all ready have rates in place and thats not going to change if u have a contract and if u are using a broker they are going to find the best rate. That being said I then explain to them it will help our line haul become more cost effective which might generate savings to the customer in the future. So far 90 percent of my cust. have been pretty good about it..Its like anything new we have to be the instructor.. claim free and on time very critical