Diabetes and Trucking

people always need to remember that sugar is sugar regardless of where it comes from.

1 gram of sugar = 1 carb
Fiber is great for you to eat you can always deduct your fiber count from your carb count for example...

Say you eat something that says it has
6 carbs and 2 fibers

You are actually eating only 4 carbs

people always need to remember that sugar is sugar regardless of where it comes from.

1 gram of sugar = 1 carb
Fiber is great for you to eat you can always deduct your fiber count from your carb count for example...

Say you eat something that says it has
6 carbs and 2 fibers

You are actually eating only 4 carbs
I have one single piece of bread a day. In the morning I have a slice of multigrain bread with avocado on it. Not much of an avocado fan, but the potassium and everything else avocado has in it helps.

Just read this article, just when you posted this. I have literally never heard it before, and that’s insane because of the effects of smoking on the blood sugar. I’ve been trying to quit, this makes it that much more important now.
well don't go to vaping e juice with Nicotine , no idea about vaping 0 nicotine juice

I have read that nicotine can increase your A1C 34%

This thread may motivate me to get back in shape again. I've gained and lost more weight than I care to remember, but the funny thing is that I feel so much better when I'm lighter. I'm short, 5'8", and about 200lbs currently. But I'm built kind of odd, I have broad shoulders and a big neck. I feel the best around 175 pounds, I went to Punta Cana 2 years ago and weighed around 170. Felt like a million bucks, slept like a rock. But.... I LOVE FOOD. All of it. Pasta, ice cream, chips, pizza, wings, beer, etc. @Jeff - your statement about lack of sleep and urination scare me. I absolutely can't make it through the night without visiting the bathroom at least 1 time. I'm 45 years old and have a lovely, young (34) soon to be wife. I want to stick around a while.

This thread may motivate me to get back in shape again. I've gained and lost more weight than I care to remember, but the funny thing is that I feel so much better when I'm lighter. I'm short, 5'8", and about 200lbs currently. But I'm built kind of odd, I have broad shoulders and a big neck. I feel the best around 175 pounds, I went to Punta Cana 2 years ago and weighed around 170. Felt like a million bucks, slept like a rock. But.... I LOVE FOOD. All of it. Pasta, ice cream, chips, pizza, wings, beer, etc. @Jeff - your statement about lack of sleep and urination scare me. I absolutely can't make it through the night without visiting the bathroom at least 1 time. I'm 45 years old and have a lovely, young (34) soon to be wife. I want to stick around a while.
Get yourself a vivofit or Fitbit. It’ll keep you active.

I've heard people say, "oh it's okay because it has pure organic cane sugar in it"....... For a diabetic, it's still sugar just the same......

You are absolutely right about sugar being sugar regardless of type or source....!

all of us love food...
you can make low carb pizza, look up fathead pizza You can make wings low carb by drying chicken wings off and frying them without breading.. most Louisiana hot sauce is low carb
Products like mayonnaise that say "light" are light because they add carbs, you are better off with real mayonnaise

Everybody is different, find your carb limit number for a day and stick to it .
Learn how to make rolls and bread with almond flour , never drink anything with sugar ever again. Diet drinks are sugar free but they still affect your BG

It's a challenge but just like the Doc told me, you have no symptoms of high blood sugar but when your BG is high, your kidneys, and eyes are being attacked as well as other parts of your body. + having high numbers double your chances of having or dying from a heart attack.

Had blood work done today .. Since eating Keto style My Blood Glucose has dropped 3 full points, My total Cholesterol has dropped 100 points and my triglycerides have dropped so much I am ashamed to say how high they were last time. I haven't had a piece of bread since middle feb. No potatoes, no fast food . it works , I just need to get better with the weight loss.

Had blood work done today .. Since eating Keto style My Blood Glucose has dropped 3 full points, My total Cholesterol has dropped 100 points and my triglycerides have dropped so much I am ashamed to say how high they were last time. I haven't had a piece of bread since middle feb. No potatoes, no fast food . it works , I just need to get better with the weight loss.
Congrats Jeff.... Keep it up!

Everyone knows about the bad cholesterol, but a lot of people don't think about the triglycerides to much.... But triglyceride levels are very important.....

I agree with "no fast food". Other than potatoes and bread, what other foods do you avoid?
Keto Style...I'll do some research and Thanks B2 You!

GROOVY!
I used to believe (until watching a couple of videos of Dr. Berg) that one had to lose weight to get healthy, but one Has To Get Healthy To Lose Weight.
I also have to quit smoking to get Healthier.

Time to initiate a daily regimen of Apple Cider Vinegar (and I like the promo for Apple Cider Vinegar Drink at 9:58).
I'm going to lose MANY "foods" that I like yet such process is best for the Support System: Brain, Heart, Lungs, Muscles.

Glad to have stumbled into this Thread.
CHEERS!!

It’s actually not that hard. It’s not hard to get healthy. You just have to want it. I thought it would be impossible. It’s not. Just a little bit of willpower. I like how I feel as opposed to how I felt. 3 weeks in and I’ve felt the best I have in 15 years.

I've signed up with www.ditchthecarbs.com and have Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (or Dinner and Supper) Recipes.
Just bought two bags of Coconut Flour with Almond Flour/Meal soon.

Most Grocery store items are crap and designed to KEEP US FAT and OBESE. I've deleted Bread, Crackers, Noodles, Rice, Cereals (except Oats to keep my coat shiny), Donuts, Sugary drinks (water and decaf coffee rule), Granola, Potatoes.
Still eating Clif Bars because I have some to go and when done (this week), I'll be DONE with them. Organic Sugar is still Sugar.

Still smoking ciggies yet considerably cut back.