Yellow | Did Harrisburg Fill?

HBG135

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wondering if the new Harrisburg (Carlisle) terminal filled all the openings in the bid and how many years the junior man has?

Hsb

Just wondering if the new Harrisburg (Carlisle) terminal filled all the openings in the bid and how many years the junior man has?

HSB filled (46 local cartage, 35 road, 12 ue, and 2 foreman), the junior man on the dock has around 6 years...not sure about the junior man on the road or ue positions. I heard the phone bid went til 1:00 a.m.. We had 2 dock workers at LCP fill the last 2 foreman positions also! Hope it works out for all!

We had 2 dock workers at LCP fill the last 2 foreman positions also! Hope it works out for all!

Who was the other dock worker that went company other then Jim Q.? Furthermore, perhaps whoever slashed his tires about a month or so ago seen this coming? On the the other hand, maybe once he started parking over in the company's parking lot everyday he then had a change in heart about being a Teamster? One thing is certain, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its probably a duck! :shades:

Don't be a Pinkerton!

We_never_sleep.jpg

[list type=decimal]
[*]Pinkerton National Detective Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[*]Labor spies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[/LIST]

The other dock worker that went Supervising professional is former union steward Rodney B. Many people always said that with him as representation/steward that you might as well had someone from management instead... :gathering:

icon_wisdom.gif

Are any of you guys on here coming to Carlisle. If so have you been in contact with the local in Harrisburg. I understand from our agent they are having a meeting with you before you have to report.

yellow website has opening for HSB road drivers

I was told that the reason for this is because the company wants to be in a position to hire people if they are short people after the change and/or etc. Basically, just a precaution. Thats what I was told and how true that actually is, I could not tell you. :shades:

Question...?

Of the 46 local cartage to HBG, only two have CDL's and three in training. Who in the H**l is going to work the Yard? I see a mess at HBG. already.

Of the 46 local cartage to HBG, only two have CDL's and three in training. Who in the H**l is going to work the Yard? I see a mess at HBG. already.

I cannot imagine the company not being aware of this situation and not having a plan in place. At the same time, your right, it does raise up some red flags... :shades:
red_flags.jpg

I was just told that you do not need a CDL to Jockey at HBG like you do at LCP, because you never go on the public road at HBG. Once again, I was just told this and am not sure how true this is or is not.... FYI

Question...?

Simply understood. However, 41 of those going, h**l don't like to drive a forklift:hysterical:. Can you see Steve G., Amos O., and the rest of them from LCP in the yard?:hide: and there are no work rules yet. I see a mess in HBG.

Simply understood. However, 41 of those going, h**l don't like to drive a forklift:hysterical:. Can you see Steve G., Amos O., and the rest of them from LCP in the yard?:hide: and there are no work rules yet. I see a mess in HBG.

I agree and that is a scary picture for one to look at there..... :TR10driving03:

I believe the number of cdl qualified men from Lcp going to Carlisle is closer to 11. Not sure if any of the guys that tranfered from outside of Lcp are qualified or not. Have heard through the grapevine that there will be 8 jockey positions at Carlisle. I feel pretty certain that the company will want cdl people on the jockey work (at least to start) and I'm sure all eight positions will be spoken for. Just my .02's.

I was just told that you do not need a CDL to Jockey at HBG like you do at LCP, because you never go on the public road at HBG. Once again, I was just told this and am not sure how true this is or is not.... FYI

It is my understanding that Roadway employees do not need cdl's to jockey at HSB. Futher, it is my understanding there are presently no work rules established for Yellow employees at HSB. When the two sides meet and hammer out the rules, they may decide to follow Roadways policy and allow non-cdl employees to jockey. Or, Yellow may insist all jockeys have cdl's. Or, Yellow may make all jockeys combination workers so they can make city pick-ups (when things get rolling up there.) Who knows? Guess what I'm trying to say is to my knowledge no work rules have been set up, and I have to believe that Yellow will want the cdl guys to jockey for the start up so things go as smoothly as possible. :shrug:

It is my understanding that Roadway employees do not need cdl's to jockey at HSB. Futher, it is my understanding there are presently no work rules established for Yellow employees at HSB. When the two sides meet and hammer out the rules, they may decide to follow Roadways policy and allow non-cdl employees to jockey. Or, Yellow may insist all jockeys have cdl's. Or, Yellow may make all jockeys combination workers so they can make city pick-ups (when things get rolling up there.) Who knows? Guess what I'm trying to say is to my knowledge no work rules have been set up, and I have to believe that Yellow will want the cdl guys to jockey for the start up so things go as smoothly as possible. :shrug:

Hey Bro I work for Roadway in Carlisle and we must have cdl to work in yard.I was told by our BA on Friday that the Yellow jockeys will also have to be cdl qualified to work in yard. As for the rules I can tell you guys that are coming up your Ba's are going to be Carlos and keith from my experience you will be in good hands they are both good and especially Carlos he has been around a long time and wont take any crap from the company.

I believe the number of cdl qualified men from Lcp going to Carlisle is closer to 11. Not sure if any of the guys that tranfered from outside of Lcp are qualified or not. Have heard through the grapevine that there will be 8 jockey positions at Carlisle. I feel pretty certain that the company will want cdl people on the jockey work (at least to start) and I'm sure all eight positions will be spoken for. Just my .02's.
If there is going to be 8 jockey positions and dock guys fill them, who is going to fill the dock positions that are now open(casuals)? And if the jockey bids are not bid on by dock guys, who will yellow hire to fill them(casuals)? The bid on Tuesday should have been 8-jockey, 46-dock, 35-road etc. instead of 46 local cartage and 35 road. I see a mess in HBG.:hide:

If there is going to be 8 jockey positions and dock guys fill them, who is going to fill the dock positions that are now open(casuals)? And if the jockey bids are not bid on by dock guys, who will yellow hire to fill them(casuals)? The bid on Tuesday should have been 8-jockey, 46-dock, 35-road etc. instead of 46 local cartage and 35 road. I see a mess in HBG.:hide:

Perhaps I'm being too simplistic here, but I dont see a problem with bidding the local side of HSB. If you have the 46 guys that you wanted (which they do) and a dozen or so of the 46 have cdl's (which they do) why do you think it will be so hard to fill 8 or 9 jockey bids? If it came right down to it, Yellow would just force the bottom cdl employee onto any unfilled jockey bid. Problem solved.
If you are trying to say that more guys should have been offered work at HSB, then I totally agree with you there. 46 people just doesnt seem to be enough. Of course we dont see the big picture.

Hey Bro I work for Roadway in Carlisle and we must have cdl to work in yard.I was told by our BA on Friday that the Yellow jockeys will also have to be cdl qualified to work in yard. As for the rules I can tell you guys that are coming up your Ba's are going to be Carlos and keith from my experience you will be in good hands they are both good and especially Carlos he has been around a long time and wont take any crap from the company.

Thanks for the info Toby. I was in attendence at a 771 meeting a short time ago, and the topic of cdl's came up. I personally heard Howard (the Secretary/Treasurer) state that the jockeys at Roadway do not need cdl's because they never leave private property, and the only reason LCP jockeys need them is because LCP has remote lots that must be accessed by public roads. I was going on the assumption that Howard knew what he was talking about when he made that statement. I apologize to the board if I passed on bogus info.
Carlos sure does seem to be popular with the members up in your neck of the woods. Sounds like the guys headed up there will be properly represented. Good to hear.