XPO | Did you sign up for the HSA?

Makes you wonder where all that money goes rigt??? As you can see most dont even know what happening to them, because you've asked this question 3 time's and no one has even touched it. But that's what happens whe you put your future in the hands of Management.

Makes you wonder where all that money goes rigt??? As you can see most dont even know what happening to them, because you've asked this question 3 time's and no one has even touched it. But that's what happens whe you put your future in the hands of Management.
Lost 6k because I was misinformed that the has replaced the fsa I'm filling a appeal and the money goes back to the company

I get that. But if it's give ,then you should get it. But in other words it's not really given it's only strung along money. In my opion they shouldn't say given ,because that's a false statement and it gives people the wrong impression that they have something they don't.

Lost 6k because I was misinformed that the has replaced the fsa I'm filling a appeal and the money goes back to the company
That's what they said but it was still money I would have used for years to come and why would anybody if they knew that money would be forfeited just voluntarily give it back

That's the problem now a day's. Companies can trick people into giving up their right's and no one holds them accountable. But if we did that ,say for 5 dollar's you can bet charges would be filed and we be paying fines.

That's the problem now a day's. Companies can trick people into giving up their right's and no one holds them accountable. But if we did that ,say for 5 dollar's you can bet charges would be filed and we be paying fines.
Until people start a job action or are willing to go to the wall to change this FUBAR or whatever you want to name it, take your left over monies & buy a tube of high quality lube. Maybe the more expensive lube won't hurt so much. I am sorry you are getting screwed. At least 1 person has started the appeal process. How many others go down this road can make a difference in changing this wrong. Good luck. von.

Until people start a job action or are willing to go to the wall to change this FUBAR or whatever you want to name it, take your left over monies & buy a tube of high quality lube. Maybe the more expensive lube won't hurt so much. I am sorry you are getting screwed. At least 1 person has started the appeal process. How many others go down this road can make a difference in changing this wrong. Good luck. von.
You're right, but again people are just brainwashed into thinking corporations are there to help. But in reality it's all about profits and bottom lines.. That's why i feel sorry for all this vet's who come home from war just to fight a corrupt system.

You're right, but again people are just brainwashed into thinking corporations are there to help. But in reality it's all about profits and bottom lines.. That's why i feel sorry for all this vet's who come home from war just to fight a corrupt system.
Well I hope nobody else made the same mistake I did but if they did I would like to know about it because there is power in numbers

Did you put any of that money into it or was it money the company put in?
Over my employment of 13 years it has been put there by the company. I don't get sick much and it has grown. I considered it one the few benefits I receive and very much feel it is as much mine as it is theirs. I've always known if I left the company I would be forfeiting it and I'm okay with that but it's no different than the vacation time I earn next year will be lost if I lose employment. The difference being that I know that in advance and this was taken away because I chose a health plan without the knowledge that I would lose the money. I am willing to save my own money but don't feel it was right to mislead if even not on purpose that choice.

I've always known if I left the company I would be forfeiting it and I'm okay with that but it's no different than the vacation time I earn next year will be lost if I lose employment. The difference being that I know that in advance and this was taken away because I chose a health plan without the knowledge that I would lose the money.

Ah, okay- now I understand. You were in an HRA and moved to an HSA, and you lost all the rollover money in the HRA when you switched plans. I can see how that would be frustrating, but I agree with anosyone- it's really not your money.

My question to you would be, why weren't you in an HSA to begin with? If you knew you were rolling money over, why leave it in a plan that won't let you keep money that you don't use? The HRA fund is just the company saying they will pay X amount if you need it- the HSA fund is actual money in an interest bearing account- that you can add to. It's like a health insurance 401k.

All of the open enrollment brochures since 2014 are on the portal- the differences between the HRA and HSA were explained pretty well. I don't think you were cheated. Did you call the benefits office during open enrollment and ask them what would happen if you switched plans?

As you can see most dont even know what happening to them, because you've asked this question 3 time's and no one has even touched it.

Or maybe no one else has his particular problem. The plans were explained in open enrollment- the company can't steal its own money.

But if it's give ,then you should get it. But in other words it's not really given it's only strung along money. In my opion they shouldn't say given ,because that's a false statement and it gives people the wrong impression that they have something they don't.

They don't say given to the employee, they say placed in a fund for the employee to use. Not only that, but they also say that fund doesn't go with you if you leave and the company controls when it is used. Why would you think that it's your money?

Ah, okay- now I understand. You were in an HRA and moved to an HSA, and you lost all the rollover money in the HRA when you switched plans. I can see how that would be frustrating, but I agree with anosyone- it's really not your money.

My question to you would be, why weren't you in an HSA to begin with? If you knew you were rolling money over, why leave it in a plan that won't let you keep money that you don't use? The HRA fund is just the company saying they will pay X amount if you need it- the HSA fund is actual money in an interest bearing account- that you can add to. It's like a health insurance 401k.

All of the open enrollment brochures since 2014 are on the portal- the differences between the HRA and HSA were explained pretty well. I don't think you were cheated. Did you call the benefits office during open enrollment and ask them what would happen if you switched plans?
This was the first year we had ever been offered the HSA. We had a FSA(flexible spending account) that u could put money in but did not roll over. I thought the HSA was replacing it. Sorry to disagree but just like our new earned vacation time that we can no longer roll over that HRA money would be considered part of my benifits which every year they change policy that always seem to benefit them. For example if someone received a scholarship and years later when they enroll in school they are told the money was no longer there. They did not contribute but they still would feel cheated. I never had a pension but I've heard that many of people have lost those and those were company funded. Same thing too me. Better yet most everybody has either a credit card that pays rewards or a frequent flyer that gets free miles and even though you might not have paid for them they still are yours for the comment you made to that company.

This was the first year we had ever been offered the HSA. We had a FSA(flexible spending account) that u could put money in but did not roll over. I thought the HSA was replacing it. Sorry to disagree but just like our new earned vacation time that we can no longer roll over that HRA money would be considered part of my benifits which every year they change policy that always seem to benefit them. For example if someone received a scholarship and years later when they enroll in school they are told the money was no longer there. They did not contribute but they still would feel cheated. I never had a pension but I've heard that many of people have lost those and those were company funded. Same thing too me. Better yet most everybody has either a credit card that pays rewards or a frequent flyer that gets free miles and even though you might not have paid for them they still are yours for the comment you made to that company.
They have been offering the HSA for at least 2 yrs.
As for the vacation who told you there was no carry over.

This was the first year we had ever been offered the HSA.

As I mentioned earlier, I found Open Enrollment guides on the portal all the way back to 2014, and it looks like that was the first year we could pick an HSA. Have you not gotten the packet at your house for the last 4 years? I'm confused.

We had a FSA(flexible spending account) that u could put money in but did not roll over. I thought the HSA was replacing it.

It did for you, didn't it? You could have picked an HRA again- it's still an option.

Sorry to disagree but just like our new earned vacation time that we can no longer roll over...

You can still roll over your vacation time- to the same max as last year.

I never had a pension but I've heard that many of people have lost those and those were company funded.

We didn't "lose" them. I've still got one, and it's still company funded. It just hasn't gotten any bigger since they froze it.

This is not first year. It's the 4th at least and I know that because we've had it ourselves since 2014. We've used it the last 3 years and this will be our 4th.

With Obama Care my neighbor will pay for the tax year 2016 1800 dollars for not buying mandated health care. Her premium each month would have been about 400.00. (4800) yearly. And then she would have to pay the first 5 grand as a deductible before the gov would pay anything. So do I pay 10 grand just to have medical coverage or do I pay a 1800 penalty? And while I think on that answer I read in the paper of the illegal's in this country who walk in to a ER for a sniffle & walk out without having to pay the 3 grand for a emergency sinus visit. That in of itself is why mandated health care is a failure. Call it anything you want, but it is a failure. The Insurance companies are pulling out because 1. the feds decided to not pay to them what they promised & 2. the young people who are in good health decided not to pay because they didn't need it & couldn't afford it. Now we just sit back & watch Trump & company stir the pot & fix it or not. And I voted for them. von.