ABF | Discharge at CAR/042 for Stealing Time?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5115

I have heard an unconfirmed report of two men being discharged at Carlisle for stealing time utilizing electronic devices as evidence. Does anyone have anything on it? I've been waiting to see when and where we'd see the first case on this.

I have heard an unconfirmed report of two men being discharged at Carlisle for stealing time utilizing electronic devices as evidence. Does anyone have anything on it? I've been waiting to see when and where we'd see the first case on this.
its up to 3 men now. when one man was fired he asked what did I do and the exact quote from management was "you know what you did". and that was that. at hearing it was reduced to 3 days in the street and the last man was exonerated with no time off. ill probably be next as I loudly stated that every city driver should bid the yard or dock this time around. obviously its safer there

I think the PDA's have more capabilities than we are aware of. I work like my sup is right by my side all day as I think it's that accurate. I have even been advised (not confirmed) that they can tell if a cell phone is being operated in their vicinity.

I think the PDA's have more capabilities than we are aware of. I work like my sup is right by my side all day as I think it's that accurate. I have even been advised (not confirmed) that they can tell if a cell phone is being operated in their vicinity.

it was voted in during the last contract. They can use PDA's to fire you. Do not acted suprised when they start doing it !!!!

its up to 3 men now. when one man was fired he asked what did I do and the exact quote from management was "you know what you did". and that was that. at hearing it was reduced to 3 days in the street and the last man was exonerated with no time off. ill probably be next as I loudly stated that every city driver should bid the yard or dock this time around. obviously its safer there
When being disciplined they have to tell us what exactly was done and provide evidence. If they're foolish enough to not do that the men should be reinstated with back pay.

When being disciplined they have to tell us what exactly was done and provide evidence. If they're foolish enough to not do that the men should be reinstated with back pay.
our mighty local told em, "just take the 3 days, just take the 3 days".....i wonder if 776 can actually hear the clock winding down on their tenure in office?

that would be nice to know, cuz that would give us all new pdas since that tracer tech is illegal under the 1996 Telecommunications Act. Plus someone would be going to jail. My son works for the govt and I asked him about that. besides, prove it was me and not the guy in the car right next to me on the road. I wouldnt turn my phone over to the cops without a warrant and I sure as hell wont give it to abf.

I was curious about the legality of it and like you said, who's phone was it?

So,....they're having a hard time hiring new drivers, and yet they want to fire experienced drivers through "surveillance"? That's Great! One more reason not to come to ABF,....They have a surveillance program that puts the NSA to shame,...They can tell when you've used your own cell phone, ...they can "see" you secretly,......They are spying on you because they own every minute of your working life.......Yeah, ...Right......How about this?......We put the Sales Dept employees..(i.e.= the salesmen,...and women...) under the same type of "surveillance",....and let's see which group is "stealing" more time from ABF, fudging more mileage reports, having more "business" meetings on golf courses,........having more car expenses spread to their wife's car,........spending time in lounges, on "business",...of course......Let's have a Competition! Sales force vs. Work force. Let's see whose time and effort produces more revenue for ABF in a months' time,..........Let's see which group has more....."discrepancies",...as far as being where they say they are, versus where the PDA says they are,.....Yup,...give the sales force PDAs too. Make 'em log in every stop,.......make an app for freight promised, and freight actually picked up,....make 'em log their lunch,...their breaks,...their mileage,......I would bet on who would win that competition within that month,......and I would bet that there would be a lot of salespeople either quitting or getting fired by the next month. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander,...isn't that how the old saying goes?,......And,....aren't we all supposed to be "sharing" the misery,...the wage cuts? If they have the money to use technology to spy on one segment of their workforce, then they should spread that technology to ALL of their employees,.....make dispatchers log out every time they get up from their desk,....log out when they go to lunch, in when they get back,.......Yup,.....give everyone at ABF a PDA, and hold everyone to the same standards.

So,....they're having a hard time hiring new drivers, and yet they want to fire experienced drivers through "surveillance"? That's Great! One more reason not to come to ABF,....They have a surveillance program that puts the NSA to shame,...They can tell when you've used your own cell phone, ...they can "see" you secretly,......They are spying on you because they own every minute of your working life.......Yeah, ...Right......How about this?......We put the Sales Dept employees..(i.e.= the salesmen,...and women...) under the same type of "surveillance",....and let's see which group is "stealing" more time from ABF, fudging more mileage reports, having more "business" meetings on golf courses,........having more car expenses spread to their wife's car,........spending time in lounges, on "business",...of course......Let's have a Competition! Sales force vs. Work force. Let's see whose time and effort produces more revenue for ABF in a months' time,..........Let's see which group has more....."discrepancies",...as far as being where they say they are, versus where the PDA says they are,.....Yup,...give the sales force PDAs too. Make 'em log in every stop,.......make an app for freight promised, and freight actually picked up,....make 'em log their lunch,...their breaks,...their mileage,......I would bet on who would win that competition within that month,......and I would bet that there would be a lot of salespeople either quitting or getting fired by the next month. What's good for the goose should be good for the gander,...isn't that how the old saying goes?,......And,....aren't we all supposed to be "sharing" the misery,...the wage cuts? If they have the money to use technology to spy on one segment of their workforce, then they should spread that technology to ALL of their employees,.....make dispatchers log out every time they get up from their desk,....log out when they go to lunch, in when they get back,.......Yup,.....give everyone at ABF a PDA, and hold everyone to the same standards.

Sorry Canary, not like

No the PDA cant tell on you for using your cell phone. MAYBE (that's a big maybe) they can listen to the microphone without your knowledge. But that is true for every cell phone.

No the PDA cant tell on you for using your cell phone. MAYBE (that's a big maybe) they can listen to the microphone without your knowledge. But that is true for every cell phone.
I'd like to be the first to catch them listening in on me while I felt nice and comfortable in the confines of my truck all by my lonesome self here in my home state. And I don't know what to say about the PDA being able to detect cell phone usage in its vicinity. Would be tough for them to prove it was my phone if it did.

I'd like to be the first to catch them listening in on me while I felt nice and comfortable in the confines of my truck all by my lonesome self here in my home state. And I don't know what to say about the PDA being able to detect cell phone usage in its vicinity. Would be tough for them to prove it was my phone if it did.

Ha, I have told dispatch many times that it's a good thing they can't hear me in my truck after that last stupid dispatch or I would surely be fired.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Safety

According to the Fed’s & the Director of Safety @ the Fort you CAN NOT pick up your PDA to even look at a message they just sent you while driving. You have to be at a complete stop before handling the PDA. Put your PDA in a small wood or metal box with a lid on top. By doing so you sound proof you’re the cab of the truck from the microphone on the PDA, the 3 little holes in the middle @ the top of the screen. Small piece of duct tape covering the holes does pretty much the same thing. As to the other listening devices they have implanted in your truck, good luck. Von.

Just take the battery out of the back they can't track you.
Now that would work. I'd bet it would garner a discharge that they wouldn't back off of too. Sort of like cramping the fuel return line with your vice grips.

Now that would work. I'd bet it would garner a discharge that they wouldn't back off of too. Sort of like cramping the fuel return line with your vice grips.

We had a driver called in twice for taking it out, They put something in the PDA behind the battery when he took it out, I guess it fell out and he did not see it. When he got in that day they ask to see his PDA opened it and it was not there so they knew that he was taking it out. He was given an EDR for that.

Where did these EDRs come from? I don't recall seeing anything about them in our contract!