XPO | Do You Love CWF?

No Freight

TB Lurker
Credits
I recently posted a thread in FXF about why they love their company so much. I was looking for CWF to get in on this debate too. Why do you love CWF so much? Maybe you might have some input on why CWF is losing so many drivers to FXF also...:fight:

I can't speak for "all" of Con-Way, but CWX (as it were....) ROCKS!

We have new equipment, very good forklifts, plenty of dunnage and tools to properly load trailers, and city routes, great training, great benefits, and most of all, a rock solid company that isn't going to go belly up any time soon :)

I think that 2-3 weeks vacation, PLUS 5 "PTO" days, PLUS the option to "buy" 2 more OPTION days, PLUS 8 paid holidays, PLUS jury duty pay, MIL duty pay, is VERY generous!

I also think a top scale of $21-$23 is EXTREMELY good for a non-college graduate!

I also LOVE not being a union company! This may be in-part why Con-Way has such great reasons to stay, because of competition with the Union? Not sure...but driver retention consideration is obvious in my opinion :)

I also like that we look clean & sharp, and professional, wearing good looking FREE uniforms, and that we lock our trailers! We are a VERY impressive company, and customers LOVE that! :)

When ever I meet a "disgruntled" co-worker/employee, I really like to challenge them to think about WHY they are not happy. Usually, it's because of that same 10% of jerks that you find at EVERY job :)

The few that just aren't happy, well, you have that type of person to, that will NEVER be happy.

I am extremely pleased with Con-Way, and all it offers me, and gives me!

ShortCircuit

p.s.-on a last trivial note, I have visited many other LTL docks, for various reasons, and have yet to find even ONE that feels friendly, as ours do!

No Freight said:
I recently posted a thread in FXF about why they love their company so much. I was looking for CWF to get in on this debate too. Why do you love CWF so much? Maybe you might have some input on why CWF is losing so many drivers to FXF also...:fight:
3yrs to top,better tractors,higher pay,bigger return on 401 k,30min flat rate for dropping,15 min flat for fuel,all D.o.t. tests on the clock,management that acts like they care about their people,smoking area's,no dispatching or arriving,In extreme weather areas a heated dock,80 different health care plans and nicer looking uniforms.

shortcircuit said:

We have new equipment, very good forklifts, plenty of dunnage and tools to properly load trailers, and city routes, great training, great benefits, and most of all, a rock solid company that isn't going to go belly up any time soon :)

I think that 2-3 weeks vacation, PLUS 5 "PTO" days, PLUS the option to "buy" 2 more OPTION days, PLUS 8 paid holidays, PLUS jury duty pay, MIL duty pay, is VERY generous!

I also think a top scale of $21-$23 is EXTREMELY good for a non-college graduate!

I also LOVE not being a union company! This may be in-part why Con-Way has such great reasons to stay, because of competition with the Union? Not sure...but driver retention consideration is obvious in my opinion :)

I also like that we look clean & sharp, and professional, wearing good looking FREE uniforms, and that we lock our trailers! We are a VERY impressive company, and customers LOVE that! :)

When ever I meet a "disgruntled" co-worker/employee, I really like to challenge them to think about WHY they are not happy. Usually, it's because of that same 10% of jerks that you find at EVERY job :)

The few that just aren't happy, well, you have that type of person to, that will NEVER be happy.

I am extremely pleased with Con-Way, and all it offers me, and gives me!

ShortCircuit

p.s.-on a last trivial note, I have visited many other LTL docks, for various reasons, and have yet to find even ONE that feels friendly, as ours do!
Wow you should be in management. Because you would definitely make it to the top.

1)Do Treat people with respect.

Don't love it nor do I hate it, it's just a job to me. I show up and do the best job that I can and go home to my family. They own me nothing but the paycheck that I worked for, and I own them nothing in return, including my love.

shortcircuit said:

We have new equipment, very good forklifts, plenty of dunnage and tools to properly load trailers
Just curious...what terminal are you from, what part of the country for that matter? We must just get the shi#@* end of the stick!:duh:

No Freight said:
shortcircuit said:

We have new equipment, very good forklifts, plenty of dunnage and tools to properly load trailers
[/QUOTE
Just curious...what terminal are you from, what part of the country for that matter? We must just get the shi#@* end of the stick!:duh:

CWX or Con-Way Freight Western (Western USA) Unlike Southern and central the west has a varying top pay based on the region and a few other differences...

It must be different up north or something. Down south we have premium and non-premium svc. centers, with premium topping out in three years. Thank goodness I'm at a premium!

No Freight said:
So has it always been 5.3 years?
No. It actually went up a bit. I'm not sure when it maxed out at 5.3 maybe some historians can reply.
From a driver standpoint and talking with the competition while on the road, Thats the ultimate deal killing clincher.
FNG:"Hey, How's it going? What's it like to work at Con-way?"

ME: "Awesome! It keeps you fit cause you work hard blah blah blah blah blah blah"

FNG: "I'm not affraid of work, I do this at my other job"

ME: "Cool, You'd be a perfect fit for Con-way"

FNG: "What's top scale and how long does it take?"

ME: "Top scale is currently $$ and it takes 5.3 years, 63 months to get there"

FNG: "What? F- that! Thats so long, thats more than my mortgage time"

ME: ? ? Did not have a comeback on that one. Talking about the fringe benefits did not help, advising him to see the personnel guy did not help.

The above is a true conversation I once had. I tried to talk about the hidden benefits. It's happened more than once and I'm almost positive it has happened to the rest of us members.
Come on!! Fess up with those stories while utilizing the "Sales" in your DSR title.

It's also ugly enough that retention is tough in certain area's because of it. No one wants to wait that long regardless of whats hidden.

StrokerAce said:
Don't love it nor do I hate it, it's just a job to me. I show up and do the best job that I can and go home to my family. They own me nothing but the paycheck that I worked for, and I own them nothing in return, including my love.
Very well said,It was different at one time.The people of conway at one time would even do things for the company on their own time.

what i love about conway????????

conway is a job period...........when i started i had a MUCH DIFFERENT OUTLOOK BUT THAT WAS soooooooooooooooo LONG AGO.i consider my self a good driver: accident free million+++++ hard working but not for love of company but pride in myself. i go to xgo and i hear how "worried" conway is because in 10yrs they will lose 20-30% of there people"me included" but they keep comming up with new rules and polices to fire what they have.back with uncle jerry he new what we did for our company and appreciated it. now??????????????????????

Hey no freight, just remeber who sends you all that dunnage...Me down at UBA, I shove as much dunnage as I can into a trailer going north, you guys hate that...I have received numerous emails w/ pics baout the dunnage I have sent(thats just plywood)...

mforeste said:
Hey no freight, just remeber who sends you all that dunnage...Me down at UBA, I shove as much dunnage as I can into a trailer going north, you guys hate that...I have received numerous emails w/ pics baout the dunnage I have sent(thats just plywood)...
keep it coming,we need all we can get.

gfy said:
3yrs to top,better tractors,higher pay,bigger return on 401 k,30min flat rate for dropping,15 min flat for fuel,all D.o.t. tests on the clock,management that acts like they care about their people,smoking area's,no dispatching or arriving,In extreme weather areas a heated dock,80 different health care plans and nicer looking uniforms.
GFY.. just one question for you. If the grass is that much greener on the other side why are you not there yet? .......just wondering

Roadeo said:
GFY.. just one question for you. If the grass is that much greener on the other side why are you not there yet? .......just wondering
I never said the grass was greener.I just know a great deal about that company and that they take alot of our drivers.For a dsr with 2 year of service it is a good deal.For guy like you and me we would loose money for the frist year.Until this company changes the 5.3 to top I will not send anyone here,sorry.Thats the way it is.Its not our fault we (conway freight) have fallen behind the other guys in what we offer.Not only with FXF,but with dayton freight,vitran and a few others.The reason FXF comes up all the time they are the only freight company that handles freight as we do.For me life is easy come to work do my fun and go home,oh ya,Mess with the boss'es a little to.Thats fun.

lizard king said:
conway is a job period...........when i started i had a MUCH DIFFERENT OUTLOOK BUT THAT WAS soooooooooooooooo LONG AGO.i consider my self a good driver: accident free million+++++ hard working but not for love of company but pride in myself. i go to xgo and i hear how "worried" conway is because in 10yrs they will lose 20-30% of there people"me included" but they keep comming up with new rules and polices to fire what they have.back with uncle jerry he new what we did for our company and appreciated it. now??????????????????????
Don't call him uncle jerry.The sensitive one on the boards will get upset.The ones that have only been here for a few years wouldn't understand.