Yellow | Do You Want More Concessions?....And Why?

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
OK…Just MY personal opinion on where this is all going:

We were told on 1/16/14 via YRCW press release that they were meeting with the iBT that day.

The IBT press release said they had been in talks since LAST Thursday, the day the vote was NOT ratified….hmmmm?

(YRCW Update, January 16, 2014 | Teamsters)

I would expect they will sit down and trim and tweak some of the MOU that we just turned down.

They know we are pissed about the non-CDL employees NOT getting a raise for 5 years, so that will probably be removed on the “new proposal” to vote on.

They know we are pissed about our vacation checks being cut for $100 -$150 per week and that will probably be gone too.

They know we are pissed about the absenteeism policy, as it is too vague and that will probably be removed too, while I don’t understand why it needed to be in there, as the NMFA already deals with that subject.

NOW…they would have eliminated several top issues for certain groups of employees, which might move some to vote yes.

Now that leaves the purchased transportation issue. I would look to see that somewhat changed, and that might calm some of the road drivers down too.

They would have to hold a 2-man Committee meeting to go over any new proposals and ask the Locals to approve to take it to the members for ratification. While I don’t see them heading to a meeting during MLK week, I would think it would be easier to do so over a conference call meeting to save the Locals some money.

Then I would look to see this go to the locals for a meeting over 2 days and then we would vote at the Locals which will **** even more members off, BUT…you will need to make the effort to get down to your local Union halls and vote!

Now, would any of these changes cause you to vote yes, or no?

Keep in mind, this will be extending years of more pay cuts and our pensions will still be at 25% of premium.

BUT…there still is an 800 pound gorilla in the room that we must notice….If they keep operating the same way with our money as they have for the last 4 years, another 4 years is not going to make any difference either, and we will never get back what we have given up.

Lets wait and see what comes out of all these meeting this week.

NO MORE CONCESSIONS.....KK

So what is the answer to the 800 lb gorilla, it seems to be a cultural thing in upper management here?

Taking an active roll in the operations. When's he last time anyone has seen these jokers in the field Assessing the situation? Until hey take a proactive stance and start to find out what the real operational issues are then it will never change.
Things this company has been doing for years isn't working.
Ill give an example of what isn't working is our radios. What a joke. Whom ever made that deal should have been fired. They should have been tested in the field first before they threw em out. They would have been better off issuing everyone an iPhone and have us photograph then text our bills to the bill center instead of this stupid crap we have now. Out dated technology!

That whole set up was poorly implemented, hand out a cigar lighter charger with a adapter to hook it up to the cb radio posts flops all over the dash and sometimes comes loose in the socket.
And that doesn't account for the lack of functionality..................

Man what are you guys talking about using. I have been in the city at 242 since we merged the 2 together. We always used Nextel Radios unless we have gotten something new since I have been off.

Man what are you guys talking about using. I have been in the city at 242 since we merged the 2 together. We always used Nextel Radios unless we have gotten something new since I have been off.
Apparently you have been off. Nextel retired their system several months ago, forcing YRC to go to something else. That Nextel unit is a great paperweight, but that's about it.

ok…just my personal opinion on where this is all going:

We were told on 1/16/14 via yrcw press release that they were meeting with the ibt that day.

The ibt press release said they had been in talks since last thursday, the day the vote was not ratified….hmmmm?

(yrcw update, january 16, 2014 | teamsters)

i would expect they will sit down and trim and tweak some of the mou that we just turned down.

They know we are pissed about the non-cdl employees not getting a raise for 5 years, so that will probably be removed on the “new proposal” to vote on.

They know we are pissed about our vacation checks being cut for $100 -$150 per week and that will probably be gone too.

They know we are pissed about the absenteeism policy, as it is too vague and that will probably be removed too, while i don’t understand why it needed to be in there, as the nmfa already deals with that subject.

Now…they would have eliminated several top issues for certain groups of employees, which might move some to vote yes.

Now that leaves the purchased transportation issue. I would look to see that somewhat changed, and that might calm some of the road drivers down too.

They would have to hold a 2-man committee meeting to go over any new proposals and ask the locals to approve to take it to the members for ratification. While i don’t see them heading to a meeting during mlk week, i would think it would be easier to do so over a conference call meeting to save the locals some money.

Then i would look to see this go to the locals for a meeting over 2 days and then we would vote at the locals which will **** even more members off, but…you will need to make the effort to get down to your local union halls and vote!

Keep in mind, this will be extending years of more pay cuts and our pensions will still be at 25% of premium.

But…there still is an 800 pound gorilla in the room that we must notice….if they keep operating the same way with our money as they have for the last 4 years, another 4 years is not going to make any difference either, and we will never get back what we have given up.

No more concessions.....kk

only change is that you will vote at your local hall not by mail. All these newbies never been to a union meeting. Lol

I have been off since June 24th with a bit of a injury from what I have been told I fell out of a trailer where there was NO dock. Sort of bumped my head, broke a few bones, ruptured a couple of things but I am still breathing.

How will road drivers that are out vote? Always been local but assume that some drivers are out for more than a couple of days. just curious

We were told on 1/16/14 via YRCW press release that they were meeting with the iBT that day.

The IBT press release said they had been in talks since LAST Thursday, the day the vote was NOT ratified….hmmmm?

I would expect they will sit down and trim and tweak some of the MOU that we just turned down.

They know we are pissed about the non-CDL employees NOT getting a raise for 5 years, so that will probably be removed on the “new proposal” to vote on.

They know we are pissed about the absenteeism policy, as it is too vague and that will probably be removed too, while I don’t understand why it needed to be in there, as the NMFA already deals with that subject.

NOW…they would have eliminated several top issues for certain groups of employees, which might move some to vote yes.

They would have to hold a 2-man Committee meeting to go over any new proposals and ask the Locals to approve to take it to the members for ratification. While I don’t see them heading to a meeting during MLK week, I would think it would be easier to do so over a conference call meeting to save the Locals some money.

Then I would look to see this go to the locals for a meeting over 2 days and then we would vote at the Locals which will **** even more members off, BUT…you will need to make the effort to get down to your local Union halls and vote!

BUT…there still is an 800 pound gorilla in the room that we must notice….If they keep operating the same way with our money as they have for the last 4 years, another 4 years is not going to make any difference either, and we will never get back what we have given up.

Won't this get pushed through by voting at the locals?
Look what just happened at UPS.

Do you really think the local officer, who, dramatically turned out the lights to illustrate a point about a "No" vote would not be inclined to fudge the numbers?
Is there anything in the Constitution or by laws that we could stand on to insist on mail in ballots?

Considering the $15 million per year we pay in dues the cost of the mail in ballots shouldn't be an issue.

People pay good money for tickets to Broadway shows. Little do they know they can get all the drama they can handle here on TB for free. :smile:

You are right about the 800 pound gorilla. If they do not fix the problem (operating inefficiency), they can take away money and benefits from their employees all day long and still lose money. All that they will do is further alienate the workforce, both labor and management.

If we have to vote at the local union hall can we vote by proxy, like give the vote to your union steward(one you can trust) or give to your BA(one you can trust) just like a bid on a change of operations. I am like a lot of other people though why can't we have a mail in ballot. The only reason I can see not to have a mail in is the company is going to holler the overall cost and the time it takes and I won't be surprised if you don't hear the IBT holler about the overall cost and time. I think the IBT just wants it done and voted in so they will not be bothered by us anymore.

If we have to vote at the local union hall can we vote by proxy, like give the vote to your union steward(one you can trust) or give to your BA(one you can trust) just like a bid on a change of operations. I am like a lot of other people though why can't we have a mail in ballot. The only reason I can see not to have a mail in is the company is going to holler the overall cost and the time it takes and I won't be surprised if you don't hear the IBT holler about the overall cost and time. I think the IBT just wants it done and voted in so they will not be bothered by us anymore.

You are right, when you say, they just want it voted in.....and, it will be no matter what the proposal is this time!

Please understand, that ,I believe ,most ,of our officials are honest men and women.
Having said that there are those who look only to their own political and financial well being, and, they are the ones sending in the tally to the National.
The National itself must also consider the possibility of loosing $15 Million per year, if ,YRC goes under.

Last edited by a moderator: