Yellow | Do You Want More Concessions?....And Why?

Won't this get pushed through by voting at the locals?
Look what just happened at UPS.

Do you really think the local officer, who, dramatically turned out the lights to illustrate a point about a "No" vote would not be inclined to fudge the numbers?
Is there anything in the Constitution or by laws that we could stand on to insist on mail in ballots?

Considering the $15 million per year we pay in dues the cost of the mail in ballots shouldn't be an issue.

PERSONALLY....I think the Locals should take the ballot boxes to the job sites at specified times and have the members vote and tallied right there!.....KK

If we have to vote at the local union hall can we vote by proxy, like give the vote to your union steward(one you can trust) or give to your BA(one you can trust) just like a bid on a change of operations. I am like a lot of other people though why can't we have a mail in ballot. The only reason I can see not to have a mail in is the company is going to holler the overall cost and the time it takes and I won't be surprised if you don't hear the IBT holler about the overall cost and time. I think the IBT just wants it done and voted in so they will not be bothered by us anymore.

Nope....The Labor board would never allow that....it will be at the hall....UNLESS....the can convience your Local to bring the ballot boxes to your worksite to vote there and do the count there also.....KK

How about voting at your barn then take the locked boxes to the local to be counted. Someone everybody TRUSTS is the one that takes the box to the local and has the key to unlock them.

Great title to a thread.

Nobody wants more concessions, that'd be ignorant. But some people are willing to accept a few concessions because the marginal costs of additional cuts are still far less than the costs of losing this job and the attached benefits package. There's nothing wrong with being risk averse these days.

Would we even be allowed to vote at the workplace? For a group of people who are so concerned with our "democratic" rights as teamsters it seems absurd that you would want our vote to be conducted on company property. It would seem like grounds for someone to file an intimidation suit just because so many people are too lazy to drive themselves to the union hall. At least with a vote at the union hall (assuming we all show up) there will be better monitoring of who is allowed to vote. I haven't been to the union hall in about 20 years because the discussions became so ignorant, but I'll be happy to go find it/take a day off to vote on the proposal.

I'm conflicted on voting at the hall. It will be an inconvience for many. But I do like that only current Teamster employees will vote.

I'm conflicted on voting at the hall. It will be an inconvience for many. But I do like that only current Teamster employees will vote.

You don't think there is an opportunity for anything hinky?
I don't mind going to the hall.
It is the overall integrity of the process that I am concerned about.

You don't think there is an opportunity for anything hinky?
I don't mind going to the hall.
It is the overall integrity of the process that I am concerned about.

There better be rank and file observers. And there better be a seniority list check off and ID check.

I like the vote at the hall bacause if its a reasonable deal we wont be as subjected to outside interference from people who don't want it to work no matter what and to make sure that this vote is by this person, also it sure would be nice to see the halls filled up for whatever reason and a reason to get us all together to decide our future is just as good as any,looking forward to it

I dont like concessions and I know nobody else does either. but I flippin hate the idea of some smuck that already went through gm and hostess and is now in line to get 5 million on our backs.... I hope they address this kinda crap

There better be rank and file observers. And there better be a seniority list check off and ID check.

I just heard that the accounting firm Bug, P, Ott LLC may run a text in your vote for the union. You just text an 800 # and the people on the other end just drop a yes, or no vote in the ballot box with your phone number on it.

I just heard that the accounting firm Bug, P, Ott LLC may run a text in your vote for the union. You just text an 800 # and the people on the other end just drop a yes, or no vote in the ballot box with your phone number on it.

You know, there is no reason it couldn't be done via secure website.

OK…Just MY personal opinion on where this is all going:

We were told on 1/16/14 via YRCW press release that they were meeting with the iBT that day.

The IBT press release said they had been in talks since LAST Thursday, the day the vote was NOT ratified….hmmmm?

(YRCW Update, January 16, 2014 | Teamsters)

I would expect they will sit down and trim and tweak some of the MOU that we just turned down.

They know we are pissed about the non-CDL employees NOT getting a raise for 5 years, so that will probably be removed on the “new proposal” to vote on.

They know we are pissed about our vacation checks being cut for $100 -$150 per week and that will probably be gone too.

They know we are pissed about the absenteeism policy, as it is too vague and that will probably be removed too, while I don’t understand why it needed to be in there, as the NMFA already deals with that subject.

NOW…they would have eliminated several top issues for certain groups of employees, which might move some to vote yes.

Now that leaves the purchased transportation issue. I would look to see that somewhat changed, and that might calm some of the road drivers down too.

They would have to hold a 2-man Committee meeting to go over any new proposals and ask the Locals to approve to take it to the members for ratification. While I don’t see them heading to a meeting during MLK week, I would think it would be easier to do so over a conference call meeting to save the Locals some money.

Then I would look to see this go to the locals for a meeting over 2 days and then we would vote at the Locals which will **** even more members off, BUT…you will need to make the effort to get down to your local Union halls and vote!

Now, would any of these changes cause you to vote yes, or no?

Keep in mind, this will be extending years of more pay cuts and our pensions will still be at 25% of premium.

BUT…there still is an 800 pound gorilla in the room that we must notice….If they keep operating the same way with our money as they have for the last 4 years, another 4 years is not going to make any difference either, and we will never get back what we have given up.

Lets wait and see what comes out of all these meeting this week.

NO MORE CONCESSIONS.....KK
If concessions are the only options according to our union and the company to avoid bankruptcy, then here's a few reasons why:

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/yrc-freight/101174-comparison-company-shopping-list.html

Starting over on the bottom of these places with no union at starting rate is not better than concessions.

Absolutely true. Shareholders of numerous companies vote their proxies online all the time these days. No reason it couldn't be set up that way by the IBT.

:biglaugh::biglaugh: You're forgetting the crowd you're hanging with, those computer things can't be trusted.....................

That my friend, would be perfect for the ones who do not know the way to the union hall.:banana: