ABF | Does abf pay overtime?

I was wondering if they did,cuz I heard OD doesnt. Any one know the what ABF pays out here in SoCal?
Yes ABF pays city drivers & dockmen OT after 8 hrs, roadmen are paid by the mile. ABF is a union company & union scale when at full rate is $22 & change an hour + pension & full medical benefits.

Wow I really screwed up I had in interview with ABF last friday but i slept in instead. Do you know what the starting wage is? I know its diffrent everywhere but a ball park figure would help.

Wow I really screwed up I had in interview with ABF last friday but i slept in instead. Do you know what the starting wage is? I know its diffrent everywhere but a ball park figure would help.

Here in the Central States the starting wage is $16.65 which is 75% of scale, scale is $22.21. Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

you should go back and beg abf to hire you. i've been there 25yrs and it's the best co. to work for. i've part timed @ yellow, holland and cf. abf is TOPS. just do your job ' keep your nose clean and nobody will bother you.

Heck Red, you know that he really doesn't need to beg. If you got a call for an interview, call and reschedule, this time get there on time. The fact that they called, you are practically hired, only thing you'll probably need is a road test and drug test. Good Luck:1036316054:

Hey there red spotter welcome to truckingboards:smilies-19296:

Watch out for that Mikey guy.

:TR10driving03: <----Mikey at his best

:hysterical:

He called me today and told me that you were signed up. Fantastic....good to have you.
See you at the Union Meeting sunday. :1036316054:

Hey powder,
Go get your job at ABF. Listen to Red, he knows. Dont waste your time at OD. They talk a good game to get you in.....when they feel as if they've got you snared, they'll burn you out.

i was offered a job at abf but was happy at the time with saia however things change and was curious do they start experienced ltl drivers at 16 and some change.i know they are still hiring was concerned because they wouldnt tell me what the hours where only they are open 24 hours.

they start everyone at 75%. and i'm a west linedriver with ABF. city and dock guys make $22 at 100% and line drivers get paid both mileage and hourly. at 100% its .5522 a mile and $22.12 an hr.

i was offered a job at abf but was happy at the time with saia however things change and was curious do they start experienced ltl drivers at 16 and some change.i know they are still hiring was concerned because they wouldnt tell me what the hours where only they are open 24 hours.

Thats the truth. Foor the road. Depending on where you're domiciled, we normally work a 6 tour week then take 48 off. Also, if you work 12 tours, you can take 72 hours off. Some allow the required 10 DOT hours plus the accumulated time off, some do not. It depends on the work rules on the domicile.
City is dependent on required activities.

well they are hiring for city drivers where i am at. no nothing about the union or how things are set up.so it does make me alittle leary

mr gods wrath
let me tell you,take the abf job!i was a teamster for a grocery carrier for 22 yrs and it was one of the best jobs i had.money&bennies.when my barn closed i had to take a job with od which was one of the worst experiences in my life. now in back in the union w/yellow and couldnt be happier.you will see the how the fringe benefits will be there for you when you want to go on vacay or take a day off or god forbid if there is sickness and dont forget a pension instead of those stupid 401ks

not knowing what expect with union job i can say however i dont hear to many drivers complaining about it.
You can expect the best job you'll ever have. You seem to have a pre-conceived notion that working a Teamster job is something to be concerned about........it isn't. Try it .........you'll like it.

We still have a good flow of freight on the west coast, so Powerpusher go back and see if you can get an interview with ABF.

Working in the Union puts you at the bottom of the board if you are hired on. That means being on-call, nights & weekends. Depending on turn-over or retirement you move up the board to a bid position. Union jobs are hard to come by and are the best in the industry.

We still have a good flow of freight on the west coast, so Powerpusher go back and see if you can get an interview with ABF.

Working in the Union puts you at the bottom of the board if you are hired on. That means being on-call, nights & weekends. Depending on turn-over or retirement you move up the board to a bid position. Union jobs are hard to come by and are the best in the industry.

What he said plus a BIG 10-4:1036316054: :1036316054: Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132: