Yellow | Does anyone know what the rule is?

Thanks for bailing me out STL! Good examples! (I didn't know until this thread that the road "got credit/ therefore the city didn't".) You were right on my assumption, but it's truly worse than I thought!:duh:

Wollyworld,
Exactly like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Jimmy,
I used this example because I don't think FOTF realized that we weren't knocking the need for a good bottom line, just the fact that each department will do whatever they have to, whether or not it's good for the bottom line, to make their individual numbers look good. My example clearly showed the needless running of about 100 empty miles and the needless use of about 3 or 4 hours of a city drivers labor to make the city bill count expand. Big deal.
Also, the road really doesn't have a numbers thing about making pickups at a customer......it's just that if the road picks up big bill counts the city doesn't get credited with those bills. I knew exactly what you meant by the numbers thing.

stldude44 said:
I knew exactly what you meant by the numbers thing.

We get done early in the city-- they offer us CC or send us to the dock. The dock doesn't want us on their numbers, so they put up a yard bid to get someone out to put those numbers against the road.............:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

It's the Yellow way..............

jimmy g said:
We get done early in the city-- they offer us CC or send us to the dock. The dock doesn't want us on their numbers, so they put up a yard bid to get someone out to put those numbers against the road.............:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

It's the Yellow way..............

Yup! At KCM if the dock is slow one night for some reason, they send them out to Hostle. Hostle is not busy either so Hostling takes a hit so the dock can look good. Then they tell us our numbers are down, and we should pick up the pace. All about their numbers.