TForce | Don't let the company pay for you dot physical

So the bottom line is that we are required by DOT to be in good health to operate a commercial motor vehicle.
Our companies have to make sure we meet the requirements of the DOT,or they will be held accountable by law if we are in violation.
So the other bottom line is that we the driver in order to be in compliance to the laws governed by the DOT,have to pay our own way.

I know when I was a Teamster all the Teamster companies paid for our DOT exam.
You think that was an act of kindness on their part?

No sir that little item has always been an item thats in the NMFA contract.
And thats the last bottom line.
Union companies pay because they are under contract to pay.
Non-union companies don't pay because theres nothing that says they have to!

More or less yes, you are responsible to have your physical for your liscence, and the company is required too ensure you have passed such tests, not only can they be fined if you are not compliant, but you can as well, as well as loose your liscence for not being in complience with associated laws.

Well then the point I was posting was the fact that its up to us drivers to pay for this DOT exam.
Its not up to the companies.
The only thing they have to do is make sure your up to date or you will be put out of service untill you are able to show your DOT Physical card is up to date.

Well then the point I was posting was the fact that its up to us drivers to pay for this DOT exam.
Its not up to the companies.
The only thing they have to do is make sure your up to date or you will be put out of service untill you are able to show your DOT Physical card is up to date.

10-4..................:1036316054:

Here is a tip don't let the company pay for your dot physical.

Overnite was the first company that did not pay for my dot physical,

I always thought the other companies were just being nice and picking uo the tab, but the truth is that when a company pays for your physical you forfeit your patient doctor rights and the company gets full access to whatever the doctor finds.

For instance the doctor finds you have some type of back/knee problem/creaking disk whatever that you did not know about, then you hurt your back at work do you want them knowing you had a preexisting condition?

When you pay for it the only thing the company gets is a copy of the dot form. And cannot talk to the doctor.

To some people it is no big deal but if the doctor finds anything wrong with you, std, bad joints, cancer or whatever do you want ups knowing.

Also if the company pays for it you can not get a copy if you change jobs.
R you sure this is correct with the HIPAA laws
today.You have to still sign a release form to let them have anything from your file.

This exam is manditor for us to drive a commercially.
If we also pay for our own we can take the amount paid off our income tax when we file,because we needed it for our job.