R&L | Drive Test?

The only people at my barn who are counterproductive and childish are the t/m and his secretaries(ie:dispacthers). The constant lies, rudness, temper tantrums are so professional. It takes very skilled quality minded drivers to smooooss the customers and smooth out the problems created by babies. Without good drivers there is no bussiness!!!!!

So playsinmud, what terminal are you a member of the management? You seem to have taken on the roll of management defendant.

If you think that all the drivers cause all the trouble your sadly mistaken. It also shows how naive you are to who the real work force in the trucking industry is. With out the driver there is no need for managment!!

If the drivers are not happy the customer will see a problem. If a driver goes in to a customer with a bad attitude do you think they will ship with the carrier? HELLO not likely.

In my barn we have several customers that mysteriously don't have freight when certain drivers show up. When the regular driver that services that customer normally shows up there is usually plenty of conversation and plenty of freight. SO as a member of management with all the answers what can you say to that?

The big problem is that the people in charge of some of these terminals have never done the job in which they are asking people to do. They have to quit 2nd guessing the professionals that are out on the street doing the job, making the money, and satisfying the customers.

There is a difference between whining and lagitament conversation about issues. Some times that happens when servicing the valued customer, in the fashion that they want to be served.

I tell you this because when a customer advises a dispatcher that they need a particular size truck/trailer and then ignores a customer. This my friend is a serious distrust between the customer and the management.

This now also puts the driver in the middle of a LIE that is not the drivers responsibly to have to explain. I simply tell them that they were lied to and do my best to get them there freight. While making the best of the LIE that management has created.

SO with that to ponder, I say to you DO our job! MASTER out job! then 2nd guess our JOB!!

Playsinmud, Im sure you were there when they said no Overtime Pay even though you work 55 plus hrs a week ? Just think of all the Old Timers that worked so hard to make Life better for the Truck Driver. Please take Time to remember there efforts and why they made the Sacrefice.Punk management likes to put Driver aginst Driver Thats the pot they stir.You are right every body needs to make money.A truly good company will share with there employes.
So Please take Off the Knee Pads and Join the Fight for Fair Treatment for Drivers and all your fellow Peers.

GO TEAMSTERS!!!

It seems like you cant say anything on this Board with out being in Violation of some rule.I think your in Violation of Rule#1 Free Speech!!
PS-Playsinmud I heard your Knee Pads are all worn out? Please talk to your TM There is a special fund for that.

Look everything is not perfict at R+L. It's not perfict anyplace. It is what you make of it. If you enjoy stirring the pot and making things hard on everyone, fine do it. If you just want to do your job and go home every night do that.

Crazy one. If you think for an instant I blow management or tell them how great they are your really crazy. I do however know how to properly communicate with people and get my point across with out whining, crying, *****ing and starting everyones day out :shit:ty.

You guys are correct. I've worked in managment at several carriers and even right here at R+L.

If you have not worked in managment at a trucking company you only know 2/3 of the story. Most of it seems like crap. Some guys understand this and some don't.

It's taken several years of education and many many managment classes for me to understand why people do what they do.

Our managers usually have the same problem, they don't know how to deal with people. They don't understand you can't DEMAND respect. It is earned by leadership hard work and not always making the populair choice.

I've been in and around this stuff for over 20 years. I've heard a lot of reasons for this and reasons for that.... To you gentlemen whom belive you can do the job I give you this challange......

Next time a managment position comes up, put in for it. You may really help the sitiuation. Some of the greatest dispatchers and T/M's have come off the road. We know what it takes to get the job done and we know how to deal with PEOPLE its most of a P&D guys job... We've put fires out and helped in so many ways you could really turn you terminal around.

Best of luck.

Playsinmud, your right. One shouldn't attempt to rip on the management of any job unless they have practical knowledge of the job.

With that said I like your self have done the management duty. Dock supervisor, line-haul planner/dispatcher, billing clerk and customer service.

I too have been in the industry for more then a decade and working on the second one. I think your dead on when you said that respect is earned not demanded.

I have looked at management in this company. Our t/m won't consider anyone in the terminal to fill any open positions in out management of our terminal. He wouldn't even hire a WOMAN as a driver. That is why we have the issues we have at our terminal.. He thinks he has all the answers...We will see with a 97% turnover ratio it will be a matter of time before he is part of that percentage too.

Thank you for the dialog and the conversation.

Playsinmud, your right. One shouldn't attempt to rip on the management of any job unless they have practical knowledge of the job.

With that said I like your self have done the management duty. Dock supervisor, line-haul planner/dispatcher, billing clerk and customer service.

I too have been in the industry for more then a decade and working on the second one. I think your dead on when you said that respect is earned not demanded.

I have looked at management in this company. Our t/m won't consider anyone in the terminal to fill any open positions in out management of our terminal. He wouldn't even hire a WOMAN as a driver. That is why we have the issues we have at our terminal.. He thinks he has all the answers...We will see with a 97% turnover ratio it will be a matter of time before he is part of that percentage too.

Thank you for the dialog and the conversation.
If the TM doesn't change his way of thinking he will be gone!!!! He could be a warm body until they get a replacement.... Was he with R&L or did they get him off the street???????

We were told he had been with the company for a year or so before offering him the position he is in now. I believe he was in the bullet program or something like that. It doesn't matter he doesn't have the Roberts mentality or quality of personality that makes a manager...What do I know I'm just a driver, right....