Holland | Driver fired in A-town

Thanks for the advice I will push the matter. And get a protest filed and contact saftey. Do you know if the 16 hr rule is being used for the city cartage as well as the road?
That seems to be the snag the B.A. tells me is why the suspensetion was up-held. ( I am a city driver)
Don't worry about safety dept... File your protest in regards to the suspension as unjust and unwarranted. Cite TNFINC's ruling on TMI's request (from Freight Director, dated 20 Feb 2004) and you are seeking "to be made whole in all ways" (that will include back pay for missed work and all H/W and pension contributions for work missed because of the suspension)...

Apparently you guys do not have a freight BA in Allentown. He should have been aware of this ruling...

And to answer your last question... TNFINC's denial of the 16 hour rule applies to road AND city...

If you have any problems or need any assistance with this, contact me via PM and I will help in any way I can...

Thanks for the advice I will push the matter. And get a protest filed and contact saftey. Do you know if the 16 hr rule is being used for the city cartage as well as the road?
That seems to be the snag the B.A. tells me is why the suspensetion was up-held. ( I am a city driver)
Don't worry about safety dept... File your protest in regards to the suspension as unjust and unwarranted. Cite TNFINC's ruling on TMI's request (from Freight Director, dated 20 Feb 2004) and you are seeking "to be made whole in all ways" (that will include back pay for missed work and all H/W and pension contributions for work missed because of the suspension)...

Apparently you guys do not have a freight BA in Allentown. He should have been aware of this ruling...

And to answer your last question... TNFINC's denial of the 16 hour rule applies to road AND city...

If you have any problems or need any assistance with this, contact me via PM and I will help in any way I can...

BA's

It is time that Allentown stands up to Scheafer and his siding s with JACK ***. It is real sad when both the Locals of Allentown and 401's BAs both call and ask Jack ***. what he thinks should be done. Why don't these LOCALS gain some 00s and call for support from the EASTERN JOINT PRESTDENT. Its time to push the issue with the INTERNATIONAL no with Jack ***..If anyone wants the # to Ernie's office PM me maybe he can help you. :chairshot::toxic:

I know a driver who had a similar situtation. He called OSHA and I believe the Civil Liberties Union and the company had to pay him all his back pay and he cleared the path for everyone else in the company who were to afraid to make the company follow the rules. If you need I know he will be glad to tell anyone what he did and how the out come was.

I know a driver who had a similar situtation. He called OSHA and I believe the Civil Liberties Union and the company had to pay him all his back pay and he cleared the path for everyone else in the company who were to afraid to make the company follow the rules. If you need I know he will be glad to tell anyone what he did and how the out come was.

In this cast the first thing OSHA and CLU are gonna tell you is you have to go thru your Union first.

whether union or not ... OSHA will respond as well as any other legal system

it does'nt matter anyway. we checked with d.o.t. and they can work you 16hrs every 7 days for any reason. it does not have to be an emergency. does that violate the contract? no on seems to have proof one way or the other. i called holland safety dept. jeff told me absolutely no way on linehaul but it's ok for city.