Driver Killed in lot @ TA Exit 10 I70 Eaton OH

Thanks for you crash post CDL holder,however on review of your link I saw the news paper had withdrawn that on-line report.
I went to the source of your original link and found an update to paste on your thread topic.

Now getting to the sad end of this trucker in this truck stop.
I can't ever recall seeing any reports of this nature,but I think I have seen at least 3 this year?

A word to all that drive line haul or long haul over the road, please be not only focused on your driving.
But also when you are walking around any of our nations truck stops.
I'm sure if you stay focused on your path of travel, it should be easier for you to see moving Semi's then for those drivers to see you.

Like I say I have not seen many of these tragic deaths in truck stops in the past.
And would be at peace to not see anymore.

Some of these drivers thank the truckstops are racetracks,I have had people pass me because they are in such a big hurry.And have seen drivers crowd another driver that is trying to back into a spot.

Yessir. I'm astonished that PA has a speed limit of 25 in their rest areas, right through the parking areas. That's way too fast, it's just like a truck stop.

Very good point SuperCourse.
I know that it is a lot easier seeing a moving vehicle in parking areas,and getting out of the way.
Then for a driver to see a small object near them on ground level.

This maybe a sarcastic remark Hoosierky,but I think it may not be a bad idea.
When I was still working for UPS Freight we had to wear those safety vests around our terminal yard,and they really show up good.

Safety Vests may be well seen as better targets like when Hunters are wearing Orange.

Reflective Safety Vests are very good on Construction sites as well at Night when Walking, Bicycling, Motorcycling, Brokedown, etc.

Some People already wear such Vests (job requirements) however many other venues/avocations do not require such applications.
---
I suppose wearing a Vest when on a Fuel Island and walking to & from the Building for the receipt might become a good idea what with all these drivers that are in so much hurry to get elsewhere.
I've a free (a gift from Mohawk Carpets) bright yellow with silver and orange stripes vest. I wear it occasionally on construction sites to which I deliver Plumbing and H.V.A.C. Supplies.

Some of these drivers thank the truckstops are racetracks,I have had people pass me because they are in such a big hurry.And have seen drivers crowd another driver that is trying to back into a spot.
When backing into a slot, the BEST WAY to aggravate those pushy drivers is to simply STOP MOVEMENT, Get Out And Look despite surroundings and just generally become a P.I.T.A.
That tactic worked well for me as well MANY other Drivers and another tactic is to simply pull in front of those pushy drivers thereby causing them more hesitation to proceed.

What are they going to do, run into the backing or forward moving Combo??

This maybe a sarcastic remark Hoosierky,but I think it may not be a bad idea.
When I was still working for UPS Freight we had to wear those safety vests around our terminal yard,and they really show up good.

When in rail heads, I always use my vest. Truckstop traffic is getting reckless lately.We all need to slow down.