XPO | Driver Satisfaction Poll

Which was/is a better company to work for from a Drivers standpoint?

• Con-way

Votes: 39 73.6%
  • Xpo

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters

XCCX

TB Legend
Credits
Which company was/is a better company to work for ? If you only worked for one please don’t participate.

It’s a far different company than when it was CCX when I started. XPO morale is way lower partly due to we know the job that needs to get done, we know what it requires but XPO higher-ups have our TMs hands tied behind his back. We don’t have enough trailers....well guess what you can’t rent any.....we don’t have enough drivers/dock workers.....you can’t hire any....oh by the way you gotta cut OT.....oh hey it’s almost 4th quarter coming up all the terminals better stock up on toilet paper, staples, pens and copy paper cause we all know there is NO SPENDING IN THE 4th quarter every year. Gotta make our fake numbers look good for the shareholders!

It’s a far different company than when it was CCX when I started. XPO morale is way lower partly due to we know the job that needs to get done, we know what it requires but XPO higher-ups have our TMs hands tied behind his back. We don’t have enough trailers....well guess what you can’t rent any.....we don’t have enough drivers/dock workers.....you can’t hire any....oh by the way you gotta cut OT.....oh hey it’s almost 4th quarter coming up all the terminals better stock up on toilet paper, staples, pens and copy paper cause we all know there is NO SPENDING IN THE 4th quarter every year. Gotta make our fake numbers look good for the shareholders!
Just keep a roll of toilet paper with you and that solves one of the problems:438:

I retired from ccx/xpo last October. Waited with much anticipation to travel and do a lot of fun stuff this Spring and Summer. Well, wouldn’t you know, the COVID-19 virus shut everything down and wrecked those dreams. So the fishing is slow and the honey do list is short and I’m completely bored now. Tired of sitting in my chair and watching the leaves fall. Sooooooooooo I decided to get a dock job, all done driving tractor trailers, and at least make some money instead of being board while the shut down rolls on. So I checked online who was hiring for dock workers...my old sic that I retired from had a full time dock gig opening. So I went there and inquired. I tried to get the full dock pay scale cause of all my years in the LTL biz, but no deal was made and I’m not gonna work there.
Apparently experience doesn’t count, but rather only operational cost savings and bottom line profits. It’s their right, they are in charge, more power to them. I just hope that they are right in their business model and that they stay afloat cause I am vested in their pension fund.

I retired from ccx/xpo last October. Waited with much anticipation to travel and do a lot of fun stuff this Spring and Summer. Well, wouldn’t you know, the COVID-19 virus shut everything down and wrecked those dreams. So the fishing is slow and the honey do list is short and I’m completely bored now. Tired of sitting in my chair and watching the leaves fall. Sooooooooooo I decided to get a dock job, all done driving tractor trailers, and at least make some money instead of being board while the shut down rolls on. So I checked online who was hiring for dock workers...my old sic that I retired from had a full time dock gig opening. So I went there and inquired. I tried to get the full dock pay scale cause of all my years in the LTL biz, but no deal was made and I’m not gonna work there.
Apparently experience doesn’t count, but rather only operational cost savings and bottom line profits. It’s their right, they are in charge, more power to them. I just hope that they are right in their business model and that they stay afloat cause I am vested in their pension fund.
A few years before XPO bought us a driver retired at my place and later came back part time on the dock and they started him at bottom pay scale also

Their own poor judgement will lead to nothing good . May I suggest volunteering with a community group to take up your spare time . Sometimes the personal satisfaction you get out does the money .

A few years before XPO bought us a driver retired at my place and later came back part time on the dock and they started him at bottom pay scale also
Amazon delivery drivers jobs in my area offering $18.00-19.23 an hour. Maybe I will investigate. If I don’t like driving their vans then I can work in their warehouse. They’re currently offering a $1000.00 sign on bonus to do that job.

We had a driver retire a couple years ago and the company (our tm) wouldn’t hire him back for dock work at all. Something about not being able to come back while collecting a pension. I’ve got some work to do around my house if you want to volunteer lol.

We had a driver retire a couple years ago and the company (our tm) wouldn’t hire him back for dock work at all. Something about not being able to come back while collecting a pension. I’ve got some work to do around my house if you want to volunteer lol.
Sounds like bs from the TM because we had a guy collecting his pension and came back part time on the dock

Their own poor judgement will lead to nothing good . May I suggest volunteering with a community group to take up your spare time . Sometimes the personal satisfaction you get out does the money .
Yeah, that sounds like a decent thing to do, but there again are these opportunities shut down or curtailed cause of the virus? I know that my local senior center shut down months ago cause of the virus.

Amazon delivery drivers jobs in my area offering $18.00-19.23 an hour. Maybe I will investigate. If I don’t like driving their vans then I can work in their warehouse. They’re currently offering a $1000.00 sign on bonus to do that job.
You better be prepared to work your butt off at Amazon, I go to church with someone that works there. Ltl is a cake walk compared to what he told me he has to do there.
https://futurism.com/deaths-amazon-list-most-dangerous-employers

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-n...loyees-drivers-say-overworked-system-n1087661

https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...arehouse-reports-show-worker-injuries/602530/