XPO | Driver Satisfaction Poll

Which was/is a better company to work for from a Drivers standpoint?

• Con-way

Votes: 39 73.6%
  • Xpo

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
I retired from ccx/xpo last October. Waited with much anticipation to travel and do a lot of fun stuff this Spring and Summer. Well, wouldn’t you know, the COVID-19 virus shut everything down and wrecked those dreams. So the fishing is slow and the honey do list is short and I’m completely bored now. Tired of sitting in my chair and watching the leaves fall. Sooooooooooo I decided to get a dock job, all done driving tractor trailers, and at least make some money instead of being board while the shut down rolls on. So I checked online who was hiring for dock workers...my old sic that I retired from had a full time dock gig opening. So I went there and inquired. I tried to get the full dock pay scale cause of all my years in the LTL biz, but no deal was made and I’m not gonna work there.
Apparently experience doesn’t count, but rather only operational cost savings and bottom line profits. It’s their right, they are in charge, more power to them. I just hope that they are right in their business model and that they stay afloat cause I am vested in their pension fund.
It seems common sense has been affected by CVD19 more than anything.

I retired from ccx/xpo last October. Waited with much anticipation to travel and do a lot of fun stuff this Spring and Summer. Well, wouldn’t you know, the COVID-19 virus shut everything down and wrecked those dreams. So the fishing is slow and the honey do list is short and I’m completely bored now. Tired of sitting in my chair and watching the leaves fall. Sooooooooooo I decided to get a dock job, all done driving tractor trailers, and at least make some money instead of being board while the shut down rolls on. So I checked online who was hiring for dock workers...my old sic that I retired from had a full time dock gig opening. So I went there and inquired. I tried to get the full dock pay scale cause of all my years in the LTL biz, but no deal was made and I’m not gonna work there.
Apparently experience doesn’t count, but rather only operational cost savings and bottom line profits. It’s their right, they are in charge, more power to them. I just hope that they are right in their business model and that they stay afloat cause I am vested in their pension fund.
That really stinks. Hope ya found somethin'.

A few years before XPO bought us a driver retired at my place and later came back part time on the dock and they started him at bottom pay scale also
We have a driver that is collecting his Conway pension and came back working part time as a driver. He can work up to 32 hours a week and still collect his pension. Top scale driver wage. Doesn’t touch the dock and works tue/wed/Thur. Not a bad pt gig