XPO | Driver Satisfaction Poll

Which was/is a better company to work for from a Drivers standpoint?

• Con-way

Votes: 39 73.6%
  • Xpo

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters
Scared? No. But 666 is absolutely correct. The Union would have rejected a supposedly ‘anonymous’ survey that clearly identifies an employee through a badge number...ON THE SURVEY! We had a similar incident at my ABF terminal where the TM was ‘under fire’ and we had to complete an ONLINE survey. Our BA was notified, and in turn notified us NOT to fill it out if there were any identifying properties attached to the survey. Turns out, there wasn’t any problems. But, here again, we have a third-party watching out for stuff like this. XPO could clearly use that identifier to single out ‘undesirable malcontents’ and discipline or terminate, all for just speaking your mind, and you’d have zero recourse. Yet another example of how your First Amendment rights disappear when you clock in.
but yet every pro-union boost about how the union offers protection from wrongfully terminations. The pro-union tell us not to be bullied by the company and don't by there lies. To stand up and let our voices be heard. Then when given a chance then union tell you not to.....WOW

but yet every pro-union boost about how the union offers protection from wrongfully terminations. The pro-union tell us not to be bullied by the company and don't by there lies. To stand up and let our voices be heard. Then when given a chance then union tell you not to.....WOW
My point was the Union was flat-out against participating in any survey that is billed as anonymous, and turned out not to be. Obviously, the Union encourages having a voice (part of the reasons that unions were formed). Like my original post indicated, the opportunity to express opinions is best done when not under duress. Especially in an environment where no protection is available, i.e.: union protection. Conway (XPO) was extremely unscrupulous during my time there. I’m sure others on here would agree with that. Had I been given an opportunity to do a survey that was anonymous, I would’ve gladly participated.

My point was the Union was flat-out against participating in any survey that is billed as anonymous, and turned out not to be. Obviously, the Union encourages having a voice (part of the reasons that unions were formed). Like my original post indicated, the opportunity to express opinions is best done when not under duress. Especially in an environment where no protection is available, i.e.: union protection. Conway (XPO) was extremely unscrupulous during my time there. I’m sure others on here would agree with that. Had I been given an opportunity to do a survey that was anonymous, I would’ve gladly participated.
I wonder why XPO they don't mail us the survey, everyone gets one, management couldn't do any shenanigans with them and would be completely anonymous.

Most likely costs.
But they will spent money on fliers like I got yesterday telling me the open enrollment dates when they already have a sign in the breakroom about it. But you're right, they probably don't want to spend extra money on a worthless survey.

But they will spent money on fliers like I got yesterday telling me the open enrollment dates when they already have a sign in the breakroom about it. But you're right, they probably don't want to spend extra money on a worthless survey.
The survey has value - IF management gives it value by legitimizing it...that can and will only happen if you see a truly anonymous survey with high participation whose results cause change.

Fact is you can take all the polls you want for them and things will not change. There is too many people willing to settle for less and they know that most don’t have the balls to initiate change . That’s a fact .
I understand that there’s many on here that don’t like being labeled as “settlers” and that term bothers them . Just take a look at this poll here not one guy so far is happy yet there all willing to settle for the status quo . I think that’s pretty pathetic.
I resisted unionization here for years until I finally saw it was the only thing that would slow the loss . So for a while truth be told I was a settler myself at one time . You eventually reach a saturation point and I realize that for some here that threshold is much lower than mine . Eventually if you have self worth you will get there also .

Last edited:
The survey has value - IF management gives it value by legitimizing it...that can and will only happen if you see a truly anonymous survey with high participation whose results cause change.

They only use the parts of the survey that they want to hear. Discard the rest. They know people don't want to work here. They see the retention numbers. And they know that the tenure numbers are down. For all you know they are looking to see how they can continue to make this a less appealing place for people to want to stay and work at. The longer you work at a place the more you cost them. As your wages and PTO accrue. And they love to cut costs.

Fact is you can take all the polls you want for them and things will not change. There is too many people willing to settle for less and they know that most don’t have the balls to initiate change . That’s a fact .
I understand that there’s many on here that don’t like being labeled as “settlers” and that term bothers them . Just take a look at this poll here not one guy so far is happy yet there all willing to settle for the status quo . I think that’s pretty pathetic.
I resisted unionization here for years until I finally saw it was the only thing that would slow the loss . So for a while truth be told I was a settler myself at one time . You eventually reach a saturation point and I realize that for some here that threshold is much lower than mine . Eventually if you have self worth you will get there also .

Your solution is ignorance. That's your problem. It's stupid to think that going union will change a companies mind on not giving a crap about it's employees. It's a not a quality place to work and that should reflect in the quality of employee.

I guess XPO fixed all the problems here since no one hasn't complained on here for a while, maybe the survey worked:lmao:

I guess XPO fixed all the problems here since no one hasn't complained on here for a while, maybe the survey worked:lmao:

I have officially changed my position. I 100% back the unionization efforts. Changes in local and national politics. As well as the climate of unrest in this country has highlighted systemic credulity. I can no longer turn a blind eye to the ongoing offenses of the supremely rich. 650 people control $4 trillion of wealth. The majority of the rest of us can be completely broken by a one time $1000 expense. To be against the union is to commit violence against yourself and your coworkers. In this time of change there needs to be not only healing but unity. We must stand together. Not apart. If you stand for nothing, you will fall for everything. And we cannot stand alone. But must stand as one.

I have officially changed my position. I 100% back the unionization efforts. Changes in local and national politics. As well as the climate of unrest in this country has highlighted systemic credulity. I can no longer turn a blind eye to the ongoing offenses of the supremely rich. 650 people control $4 trillion of wealth. The majority of the rest of us can be completely broken by a one time $1000 expense. To be against the union is to commit violence against yourself and your coworkers. In this time of change there needs to be not only healing but unity. We must stand together. Not apart. If you stand for nothing, you will fall for everything. And we cannot stand alone. But must stand as one.
Out of curiosity what do you think the government should do with those 650 people that contol four trillion dollars?

Amazon is scary.

I have seen some of their delivery drivers rushed, whipped and otherwise indisposed and cannot take a damn minute to lean back and breathe in deep with the flowers and birds going. Some of them look like I did after a week schlepping grocery around the northeast (Sleep next week...)

Amazon is scary.

I have seen some of their delivery drivers rushed, whipped and otherwise indisposed and cannot take a damn minute to lean back and breathe in deep with the flowers and birds going. Some of them look like I did after a week schlepping grocery around the northeast (Sleep next week...)
Sounds like every FedEx and UPS package guy I see too
At Home Thank You GIF by SHOKKA

Out of curiosity what do you think the government should do with those 650 people that contol four trillion dollars?

Everything after $1,000,000.00 should be taxed at 100%. Universal basic income for everyone. This is the world these elite asshats have forced on us. So let it be. They forced this administration into power. And they want to abandon capitalism. So they need to do that. Turn in your wealth and get in the soup line with everyone else.