Yellow | Drug Testing To Expand To Hair Samples

if i read that right? 3 times more people fail with the hair test? if they are having a hard time now finding drivers. this will make it almost impossible!

What is the difference which way they test? As CDL holders we still are not supposed to indulge in drugs. Therefore I dont see what the difference is whether we are required to submit a urine or hair sample.

If i read it right,it gives the Co's the right to Chose which test they want to use. Like some else said they can't get people now, why would they make it harder to hire.

If i read it right,it gives the Co's the right to Chose which test they want to use. Like some else said they can't get people now, why would they make it harder to hire.

My guess would be to avoid potential lawsuits if a driver has an accident and tests positive. Just heard that WalMart paid $10 million to the family of the comedian killed in the Tracy Morgan incident. Lots of liability for any company if a driver messes up.

I don't have anything against drug testing as long as everyone has to do it. Congress, welfare, any labor, you work you test, Period. What I find interesting is that everywhere they want to get rid of smoking legal cigarettes, now I do not smoke and never did. I don't care if you smoke or not. But wanting to get rid of smoking all together because it is bad for your health, while wanting to make weed legal, as some states already have. That is just crazy. No you cannot have a real cig, but to have weed, OH YEA!, go ahead. This country has some funny ideas. Second hand smoke may be bad for you, but it does not make you wobbly, like second hand weed. Just my opinion. GOOD DAY!

My guess would be to avoid potential lawsuits if a driver has an accident and tests positive. Just heard that WalMart paid $10 million to the family of the comedian killed in the Tracy Morgan incident. Lots of liability for any company if a driver messes up.

Yea and he was sober, DOT legal just a little on the mentally challenged side for thinking that it was normal to drive from Ga to De to go to work................................

Just wait till they implant chips in our bodies and can tell if we've really slept when on our rest. Check with bigtruk if you don't believe me.

You all (except bigtruk) think I'm kidding right?

After Terminator Arm, DARPA Wants Implantable Hard Drive for the Brain

http://www.military.com/daily-news/...r-arm-darpa-wants-implantable-hard-drive.html

PS- We all know that there are some whose hard drives spin a bit more slowly or in the opposite direction from the rest of us. Just saying.

I have no problem with testing..BUT..
If they want to make the roads safer let's address equipment, drivers who don't have a CDL, those that can not read road signs written in English , etc. etc. Just an idea but maybe they should ask for ideas and advise from those who actually drove or drive for a living.

And add to that those drivers who are "dashers" and don't do a proper pre-trip before starting out and those who run up to hit the clock without writing up defects when they arrive. Shop can't fix what they don't know about.

I don't have anything against drug testing as long as everyone has to do it. Congress, welfare, any labor, you work you test, Period. What I find interesting is that everywhere they want to get rid of smoking legal cigarettes, now I do not smoke and never did. I don't care if you smoke or not. But wanting to get rid of smoking all together because it is bad for your health, while wanting to make weed legal, as some states already have. That is just crazy. No you cannot have a real cig, but to have weed, OH YEA!, go ahead. This country has some funny ideas. Second hand smoke may be bad for you, but it does not make you wobbly, like second hand weed. Just my opinion. GOOD DAY!
If you have never smoked cigarettes you do not realize how extremely addictive nicotine is. I smoked cigarettes for ten years, it took over a year to break the habit. Some never can.