Yellow | Drug Testing To Expand To Hair Samples

If you have never smoked cigarettes you do not realize how extremely addictive nicotine is. I smoked cigarettes for ten years, it took over a year to break the habit. Some never can.
I am not saying, they are not addictive. I applaud you for quitting, my point is why campaign to make people quit or raise the price on cigs. When they are trying to make weed legal. What is the point? Weed has to be far more addictive and worse on your health than cigs. Weed and other drugs are readily available here and elsewhere. Why vote to get a new form of smoking, when you are trying to get rid of reg cigs?:scratchhead:

I am not saying, they are not addictive. I applaud you for quitting, my point is why campaign to make people quit or raise the price on cigs. When they are trying to make weed legal. What is the point? Weed has to be far more addictive and worse on your health than cigs. Weed and other drugs are readily available here and elsewhere. Why vote to get a new form of smoking, when you are trying to get rid of reg cigs?:scratchhead:
It is all about $$$$$ my friend!!!!!!

What is the difference which way they test? As CDL holders we still are not supposed to indulge in drugs. Therefore I dont see what the difference is whether we are required to submit a urine or hair sample.
long as you never did any thing in your whole life .even as a kid you will be fine . other wise many drugs stay in your hair for a lifetime . would it be right to lose your job for something you did when you were 17 ?

long as you never did any thing in your whole life .even as a kid you will be fine . other wise many drugs stay in your hair for a lifetime . would it be right to lose your job for something you did when you were 17 ?

I'd love to see the science behind that....................

Perhaps if you never got a hair cut..........................

well what i was able to find is different than what i found a few years ago
Q: What time period does a hair drug test cover?
Hair growth rates vary; typically, head hair grows at an average of one-half inch per month. Therefore, a 1.5 inch hair sample detects drug use up to 90 days prior to testing.1
nd a few years ago . http://www.ipassedmydrugtest.com/hair_drug_test_FAQ.asp longer the hair longer they can go back .also
:
Can body hair be drug tested like hair from the head?
Body hair can be drug tested just as hair from the head. The growth rates for body are considerably slower than the hair from your head. Most body hair is replaced in about one year. It is challenging to precisely represent the time period of a standard screen with body hair so substances may be detected in body hair for up to 1 year after the substance left the blood stream. so what you might of done 3 months ago while on vacation will be used against you
What if I am almost bald or have no hair?
Hair can be collected from several head and/or body locations (excluding pubic areas) and combined to obtain the required amount of hair. In the rare case where no hair is collectable, complete urine/adulteration testing may be utilized.

Last edited:
well what i was able to find is different than what i found a few years ago
Q: What time period does a hair drug test cover?
Hair growth rates vary; typically, head hair grows at an average of one-half inch per month. Therefore, a 1.5 inch hair sample detects drug use up to 90 days prior to testing.1
nd a few years ago . http://www.ipassedmydrugtest.com/hair_drug_test_FAQ.asp longer the hair longer they can go back .also
:
Can body hair be drug tested like hair from the head?
Body hair can be drug tested just as hair from the head. The growth rates for body are considerably slower than the hair from your head. Most body hair is replaced in about one year. It is challenging to precisely represent the time period of a standard screen with body hair so substances may be detected in body hair for up to 1 year after the substance left the blood stream. so what you might of done 3 months ago while on vacation will be used against you
What if I am almost bald or have no hair?
Hair can be collected from several head and/or body locations (excluding pubic areas) and combined to obtain the required amount of hair. In the rare case where no hair is collectable, complete urine/adulteration testing may be utilized.
What if you wear a hair piece????

im pretty sure the rules are that you not be under the influence on the job ,not on you days or time off , if they can nab you for something you did 2 months ago on your vacation thats owning you 24/7 .spin it how ever you want .im sure you will come up with something the company can use

Last edited:
im pretty sure the rules are that you not be under the influence on the job ,not on you days or time off , if they can nab you for something you did 2 months ago on your vacation thats owning you 24/7 .spin it how ever you want .im sure you will come up with something the company can use
This conversation is a BUZZKILL!!:1904:

2ugcj3U.jpg

I think you will start seeing seeing more people fired for alcohol in their system. Imo.
I go to a warehouse everyday around 2 PM to pickup and see probably 8-10 people standing around on their break smoking. When I walk by them I know they are not smoking Marlboro's all the time. Of course these people are paid around 9.50 an hour stacking cartons on pallets, don't have CDL's, and some do not even have a regular drivers license. They have a bike rack in the parking lot with as many bikes in it as cars in the lot !!!!