Yellow | Drug Testing To Expand To Hair Samples

Forgive me, That's what I was trying to get across. People high, are having more accidents.
I see that I'm in the minority on this one. I never would have guessed that my Brothers/Sisters in the business that were in would approve of narcotics usage. I see I was wrong. I'll just shut up now, enjoy yourselves.

I dont approve of anyone driving intoxicated on ANYTHING. Heck there are people that dont belong on the road sober.
But the accident statistic about marijuana is a weak stab at marijuana legalization.
Accidents are on the decline in Colorado. There is no epidemic of "pot heads" getting behind the wheel high and causing accidents.
People on the roads in Colorado are no more in danger of a crash now than they were before marijuana legalization.

I dont approve of anyone driving intoxicated on ANYTHING. Heck there are people that dont belong on the road sober.
But the accident statistic about marijuana is a weak stab at marijuana legalization.
Accidents are on the decline in Colorado. There is no epidemic of "pot heads" getting behind the wheel high and causing accidents.
People on the roads in Colorado are no more in danger of a crash now than they were before marijuana legalization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine#Caffeine_intoxication

All things being relative, what is 'under the influence?'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine#Caffeine_intoxication

All things being relative, what is 'under the influence?'

El, I drink 2 DD coffees every day. I don't think my judgement is impaired. I'm becoming enlightened by this thread. I'm beginning to see how Drivers are running 13'6'' units into 11'10'' bridges, thinking they will make it. Narcotics have long term side effects. You don't realize it, but they do. They whittle away at slowly.

Intoxication comes in many levels. When most people say intoxication they mean when someone is at the point where their motor skills and judgement are affected.

And that's different for each individual. Okay, remember, 13'6'' is taller than 11'10' Bro.

El, I drink 2 DD coffees every day. I don't think my judgement is impaired. I'm becoming enlightened by this thread. I'm beginning to see how Drivers are running 13'6'' units into 11'10'' bridges, thinking they will make it. Narcotics have long term side effects. You don't realize it, but they do. They whittle away at slowly.
So does just growing older. My personal favorite is walking down to the end of my driveway and unlocking the gate. Then getting into my pick-up and realizing I unlocked the gate but didn't open it.

Not disagreeing, just presenting food for thought.

THC is not a narcotic.

But in Joisey, 11-10 is higher than 13-6 !!!!!

So does just growing older. My personal favorite is walking down to the end of my driveway and unlocking the gate. Then getting into my pick-up and realizing I unlocked the gate but didn't open it.

Oh sure, blame it on growing older. What you did years ago (see your post #80) is what's messing you up at your gate! :duel: :lmao:

The bottom line is holders of cdl's are being monitored for drug and alcohol abuse. If you want the job, your going to have to accepted this fact. You could very well come to work feeling that your sober, and be fired because a random check proves your still over the limit from what you did on your time off.

The hair testing issue is being pushed by truckload companies with high turnover rates from what I understand. This bill would allow companies to use it as an alternative but not require them to do so. Most LTL carriers like YRC have no issue with their CSA controlled substance score. You can see it online. Our score is zero last time I saw it.. Also, I think there are ethnicity issues related to hair testing. My hunch is that is why FMCSA has not pushed it and now the truckload industry is resorting to legislation to force the issue. Maybe it is a needed tool for truckload so it is no issue from what I see for us. Our drivers are long term and low turnover and the LTL industry scores are already at zero or near zero on controlled substances. If the truckload industry needs it for safety it is up to them but should not be forced on us.

That's funny, I can laugh 'cuase I'm in the same boat,it may have been the drugs but somehow I doubt it.

Ok, I am getting quite an education here. It sounds like the sex, drugs, alcohol, second hand smoke and actually smoking the real thing, plus the crack and whatever else are the reasons we cannot remember opening the gate or driving thru the gate after we left and got 10 miles down the road and wonder where we are going and how to get there. Thanks Guys. :guiness: