R&L | DSR's

Credits
Is r&l taking the Conway approch..... All the crap the drivers have to give to the customers, also having the driver call in for rates..... It must be great to be a salesman for the company just drive around in a company car and check up on the driver if they passed out all the propaganda BS..... I use to deep six all that crap at my first stop didn't have the time to deal with it... Now it sounds like a write up if it's not handed out...

I agree rubber duck. I throw most of that crap away before I even leave the terminal. Besides, why should we go the extra mile to do someone else's job when they don't want to pay us time and a half and give us piece of sh*t trucks to drive.

Is r&l taking the Conway approch..... All the crap the drivers have to give to the customers,
Not me. That goes in the trash can at my earliest convenience.

also having the driver call in for rates.....

I only do that if someone wants an inside delivery. Then I watch their jaw drop to the ground when I tell them what I was told.

It must be great to be a salesman for the company just drive around in a company car and check up on the driver if they passed out all the propaganda BS.....

Thankfully, I work an area that the sales schmucks aren't interested in. Ain't nothing there.

I use to deep six all that crap at my first stop didn't have the time to deal with it... Now it sounds like a write up if it's not handed out...

If you do that and someone finds it, that might be a problem. You just a good place to bury the evidence.

One suggestion would be to keep black trash bags handy and toss 'em in a dumpster

I agree rubber duck. I throw most of that crap away before I even leave the terminal.

Too easy to get in trouble for that. The walls have eyes.

Besides, why should we go the extra mile to do someone else's job when they don't want to pay us time and a half and give us piece of sh*t trucks to drive.
I really can't complain about the trucks, mine at least. Pulls good for a Mack, fifth wheel slides easy for when I pull sets with it.

Best part is, I don't have to share it with another driver. Wouldn't have took my city run if I still had to do that crap.

Hey I really can't complain about handing stuff out. I don't carry the stuff in the cab. We are never loaded in time so as the loader loads me I place some of the handouts on each pc of frt. This way as the customer unloads me I show him it.... Just a thought...

Put it on the pallet. Excellent Idea.Most of my customers use a broker anyway. they get better rates! Salesman non existent in my area anyway,which is fine with me because I have enough to do.

I agree rubber duck. I throw most of that crap away before I even leave the terminal. Besides, why should we go the extra mile to do someone else's job when they don't want to pay us time and a half and give us piece of sh*t trucks to drive.

Why should you hand it out?? Maybe because they pay you to do so... If you don't like the fact they don't pay you time and a half, go work someplace that they do... They pay you over $23.00 per hour, wake up it could be worse...Some of you drivers need to get a grip!!!! If I was a terminal manager and found out a driver was throwing away this promotional stuff, I would terminate their employment!!!!

Is r&l taking the Conway approch..... All the crap the drivers have to give to the customers, also having the driver call in for rates..... It must be great to be a salesman for the company just drive around in a company car and check up on the driver if they passed out all the propaganda BS..... I use to deep six all that crap at my first stop didn't have the time to deal with it... Now it sounds like a write up if it's not handed out...
You have a bad attitude driver, why don't you do us a favor and start your own LTL and show everyone how its supposed to be done!!!

Not me. That goes in the trash can at my earliest convenience.

I only do that if someone wants an inside delivery. Then I watch their jaw drop to the ground when I tell them what I was told.

Thankfully, I work an area that the sales schmucks aren't interested in. Ain't nothing there.

If you do that and someone finds it, that might be a problem. You just a good place to bury the evidence.

One suggestion would be to keep black trash bags handy and toss 'em in a dumpster

Yet another driver with a bad attitude....

Hey braceface! It's pretty obvious you work at a terminal that is run better than others. Everyone on here has the right to their own opinion. Besides I'd like to see if you have the balls to make those comments to me or other members in person.

Hey I really can't complain about handing stuff out. I don't carry the stuff in the cab. We are never loaded in time so as the loader loads me I place some of the handouts on each pc of frt. This way as the customer unloads me I show him it.... Just a thought...

That is a good idea playsinmud I,ll have tho remember that one,good job.:1036316054:

Why should you hand it out?? Maybe because they pay you to do so... If you don't like the fact they don't pay you time and a half, go work someplace that they do... They pay you over $23.00 per hour, wake up it could be worse...Some of you drivers need to get a grip!!!! If I was a terminal manager and found out a driver was throwing away this promotional stuff, I would terminate their employment!!!!

I,m with ya braceface, thats the same point i,ve been trying to make to alot of these people, I,m just happy I have a job to pay my bills and take care of my family, even it that means handing out some sales brochurs for 23.00 dollars an hour thats fine with me.

Hey braceface! It's pretty obvious you work at a terminal that is run better than others. Everyone on here has the right to their own opinion. Besides I'd like to see if you have the balls to make those comments to me or other members in person.

If he ain,t I am, all this boo hoo and crying crap is bull, if you don,t want to hand the stuff out don,t and get fired, or better yet quit and let someone else come in and have your job that will be happy to hand the stuff out, and that will be happy that they have a job and will try to help the company grow. You all that are crying act like R&L is the only ltl out there, there are others and if you think the others are better move on and stop whining.:smilie_132:

You have a bad attitude driver, why don't you do us a favor and start your own LTL and show everyone how its supposed to be done!!!
Well sunshine my attitude is great.. I show up with a smile do my job and i do it well..... What more does a company want????? Just because i question them does not imply i have a bad attitude...... Get used to the fact that R&L runs the terminals all different.... Its not a dream job like you make it out to be....It might be where your at.....So have some sympathy this is a place to vent........:hide:

Where is somwhere ???? I work in KNOXVILLE TENNESSEE !!!!! Yes I would have the balls, do the job you are paid to do, or go someplace else !!!!:biglaugh:

Well sunshine my attitude is great.. I show up with a smile do my job and i do it well..... What more does a company want????? Just because i question them does not imply i have a bad attitude...... Get used to the fact that R&L runs the terminals all different.... Its not a dream job like you make it out to be....It might be where your at.....So have some sympathy this is a place to vent........:hide:

I am used to the fact that terminals are run different, I have said that many times....Vent all you want, I will do the same... It may not be a dream job, but it could be a lot worse...

Yet another driver with a bad attitude....

Yeah, I got your bad attitude.

Let me tell you something, smartass. I have several regulars who are home-based businesses, and they all love me.

Why? Because I'll deliver their stuff without them having to be there. I call them and let them know it's coming, and they say "Okay. Just leave it in the garage, and I left 10 bucks under the whatever for you. Thanks a bunch". Then I just scribble his initials on the bill and call it a day.

Ha!! Bad attitude...!?!

Bite me!!

ever thought of taking those flyers and putting them in skids of other companies freight while doing a p/u?thats what me and a couple of other drivers have been doing.you know when you go somewhere and they have all the freight for all the ltl's out,you put them in thier while filling out the bol's.

Yeah, I got your bad attitude.

Let me tell you something, smartass. I have several regulars who are home-based businesses, and they all love me.

Why? Because I'll deliver their stuff without them having to be there. I call them and let them know it's coming, and they say "Okay. Just leave it in the garage, and I left 10 bucks under the whatever for you. Thanks a bunch". Then I just scribble his initials on the bill and call it a day.

Ha!! Bad attitude...!?!

Bite me!!

BIG DEAL DRIVER, We all do the residentials...My customers love me to...So what is your point SMARTASS!!!! What do you want, a brownie button?:hysterical: